Carfax/TruckmountFAX

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Service records don't have to be complicated, i simply write the info on some sort of proof of purchase(i use box top from parts) simply put what i changed and when with hours/miles. It takes no time to do and is good to look back on to plan future repairs and or preventive maintenance i keep um mostly in my tool box lid when i get to many i staple um into a note book. On my 08 ranger and shelby i use the servive guide furnished by the dealer, records don't need to be complicated, you just have to get off your ass and do it. And it does come in handy when it comes time to sell.

20230307_111650.jpg 20230307_110722.jpg 20230307_110710.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Fast forward to ten years after this software has been established:
On facebook market place, someone posts a machine that has a fresh coat of over the counter spray paint, new gauges (hour meter also) and new hoses ONLY. They want half the price of a new unit comparable to size.

They're fixing to rip someone off big time.

BUT...there's one record of it going through the dealer because it had some freeze damage. The dealer fixed it not problem and recorded the hours on the meter at 5621 hrs on the meter when serviced. WAIT, the current meter says it only has 743 hrs and this machine looks nice on the front and side pics.

The damn thing is only worth $3k, not $15k

That guy who's only in his first few years of business was just saved from going under all because of this program

Who is it that bragged about being "PARTNERS" with us? It's time to see some partnership from them.
Perfect example is an everest on FB right now with 1700hrs on the gauge. Dude put some new hoses and QR fittings and said it's in great shape and he said he changed the water pump, etc.. Why would someone change the water pump at only 1700hrs? There's dials and valve handles missing on the face of the machine and he wants $15k

THere's currently 9 vulnerable likes on the post drooling over it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Do SteamWay, ChemTex, Blue Baron, El Diablo, Reliabuilt, Kevin Wang, Fox, TCS, Steam Action, Amtex, Judson, Stanley Steemer have to confirm to Matt's new world order too?
If they can’t provide a serial number for each machine…no they’re not worthy.

You guys are boring. That’s why I’m making these kind of threads.

FredC

Village Idiot
I wonder if the guy trying to sell two of those a couple years back ever unloaded them...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Joke all you want this guy is doing very well in San Diego California with this machine that he bought in 1991 that's never let him down he's just now replacing the wand that came with it with one of my packages.
Maybe the current manufacturers should shadow that design

FredC

Village Idiot
at any type of large scale this the logistics just don't work

I could see it being offered as a service by sales/service places as a benefit for those buying a truckmount hoping to get the best resale or trade.

as far as buying on marketplace caveat emptor and of course nothing prevents you from looking for a truckmount where service records are available/maintained mitigating some of the risk

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It's like buying a new motorcycle. All those stupid screens with endless options. I think even KTM will sell you a basic motorcycle but you must buy uploads to tailor it to your riding style.
TM's don't need to be complicated with computers, LED lights and other BS.

Make it simple and reliable

Reactions: BIG WOOD

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's like buying a new motorcycle. All those stupid screens with endless options. I think even KTM will sell you a basic motorcycle but you must buy uploads to tailor it to your riding style.
TM's don't need to be complicated with computers, LED lights and other BS.

Make it simple and reliable
While I agree with you, I think the reason they put LED lights and bells and whistles on TMs is because it sells.
The Mikey’s and Damon’s of this industry want it.

• Wow
Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom