Butler Users; does your Butler do this?

Name
Brad Gouveia
Does your Butler constantly put water out the overflow port. I had this unit since new and it always has done some but I not sure if it is slowly doing more and more or if it is just me. I am very tempted to reroute the water back into the fresh take.

The video is the unit running at about 500 psi.

If this is not normal what do I need to replace the pressure relief valve?

Thanks for your help.

IMG_6190.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6191.MOV
    1.6 MB · Views: 641

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
It is probably the high pressure relief on the heat exchange. When it is leaking you should see soap flow on the chemical gauge without the trigger pulled on the wand. It is a wear part and failure can be cause by the condition of your water.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
From the location of the leak, it looks like the pressure relief valve on the side of your heat exchanger is malfunctioning. I have replaced mine a couple of times, although it never poured water like that.

When I had a leak in my (max heat) lower heat exchanger water blew out through the blower exhaust.

Name
Brad Gouveia
I’m known to be revolutionary, but I’d like to suggest calling BUTLER!
The reason I have not called yet is when I do I usually need to leave a voice mail and they call back and the last thing I want to do is trouble shoot my rig in front of a customer, I also can not show them a photo over the phone. I figured I could get a fairly reliable answer here.

So now the questions is how hard is it to replace the high pressure relief valve.

Name
Brad Gouveia
They answer and I get forward to the trouble shooting guy or guys not sure how many they have but usually he is busy on the line with someone else and they ask you to leave your number, which just not work for me as I usually call between jobs and when they call back I am at the customer house I do not want the customer to think or know that there are problems with the truck.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
The reason I have not called yet is when I do I usually need to leave a voice mail and they call back and the last thing I want to do is trouble shoot my rig in front of a customer, I also can not show them a photo over the phone. I figured I could get a fairly reliable answer here.

So now the questions is how hard is it to replace the high pressure relief valve.
You have to remove the pump and blower cover, slide your drivers seat as far up as it will go. Replacing the valve will take you 2 minuets, easy as it gets.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Brad Gouveia
It was a brand new Butler and my first butler I figured it was the pressure relief and always thought it was odd that it would shoot it out and waste the water but I did not know better how could a new Butler have issues was my thought.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Butler buys a lot of the parts from other manufacturers; Cat Pump, Gardner Denver etc. I have never purchased a new unit that did not provide a little or a lot of drama.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Take the hose exiting from the pressure relief valve off first. Unclamp.. Then unscrew the relief valve... Install the new valve, install hose again.

It should be that simple..

Or if prefer. Pull hose out of hole in floor and out of holder... Then can spin off relief valve and hose together

Reactions: ronbeatty
Name
Steve Lawrence
They only cover that part for 12 months... I never knew it was not suppose to leak and it has slowly gotten worse over the 5 years I have had it. That 10 year warranty they advertise is bs. I have yet to find a part that is covered under that.

I had a $1300 drive shaft replaced for free after 6 years on my 10 year warranty. I had to pay shipping both ways to get $500 credit for my core. no prob.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom