Build it and they will

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
only if I have a problem, then I will build it. Then everyone wants me to build one for them.

• Wow
Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
One of the local Baptist churches used that phrase "build it and they will come" as an excuse to spend over $10million to upgrade their church into a megachurch with rediculously huge ceilings. One of the old rich members passed away and left all his money to the church for them to do as they wish with it.
I think they were just competing with the 1st Baptist Church that every other southern town has in it that's in competition with the other churches.

$10million dollars sure could be used for something so much better than looking like holy bragging rights.

Sorry for the rant. I'm really angry because they haven't called me to clean all their carpet yet, lol

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
One of the local Baptist churches used that phrase "build it and they will come" as an excuse to spend over $10million to upgrade their church into a megachurch with rediculously huge ceilings. One of the old rich members passed away and left all his money to the church for them to do as they wish with it.
I think they were just competing with the 1st Baptist Church that every other southern town has in it that's in competition with the other churches.

$10million dollars sure could be used for something so much better than looking like holy bragging rights.

Sorry for the rant. I'm really angry because they haven't called me to clean all their carpet yet, lol
They need to put up an 8 second billboard.

Chris A

Name
Chris
It's a balancing act I think, if you have a ton of money to throw in up front, and can wait it out then I'd say build it first. If your depending on the income if the business to support some or all of your family, like most of us are, then it's a little tougher.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan

they can't afford to clean it if they've spent it

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I think it's a balance of both. I'll let you know how it works out with my rug adventures. Leaving for Detroit on Wednesday.
I would suggest you ask what challenges they are facing in their biz with Customer acquisition.
I mean this is the kindess way possible and wish you luck--
but I admire your enthusiasm and all that you have already achieved with your rug plant however I do not condone it at this time.
I feel you are rushing full Steam ahead with your growth plans; which is the same personality trait as your real estate endeavors. - how did that work out?
You dont know, what you dont know.
All pundits claim we are headed for a recession. When you add the Trump current tax benefit for biz owners, its best to retain cash and reduce spending for now.. the tax write offs will be needed once these benefits are ended.
I know how if feels to be told to slow down or you shouldnt do that--- it use to drive me crazy when my father said this and make me want to go even faster. Just like it does for you. Once i got older i realized i could sometimes "go faster" by slowing down. I also learned that finesse is better than Brute Force.
Its just a thought,

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Depends.

If you feel strongly that there's a market for your service, it blends well with your other services and expertise, and there's little to no local competition, get going!

...small, with a plan to expand rapidly if it takes off, so your competitors can't jump ahead.

Otherwise, let your customers drive you into new areas and let volume drive you to buy more time-saving equipment.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Yes. And I also get to meet Hipogan.
If you're flying into Detroit, rent a car. The airport is $90 from anywhere you want to be. Although it may be tough to see how your shop has anything to do with the scale of Hagopian's shop, there's a lot to learn about efficiency and how they communicate with customers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom