BlueLine Thermalwave2 summer/fall project

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m taking it to the forklift later this week to move it. Rubber mats underneath are getting pulled up.

The waste tank was behind it but I think I’m gonna move it to the left side of the machine for better mounting space and ease of access to the rear and right side of the machine.

The van needs a power steering fluid reservoir, a tuneup, and a new rear door

As for the tm, the water pump needs tlc, and the 185f thermal relief valve needs replaced. 🤞. Once I get it completed, we’ll see what other issues it might have

17CE22B9-854E-4ABB-9ECE-28040E23E8EC.jpeg 2EFED58C-14C5-482E-A811-4DAA6ACBD6C8.jpeg 24D2C782-DA0F-424D-8B84-DA5A76476091.jpeg 7A5382E7-9E74-4E44-BEBC-232DC07DCCCC.jpeg 0B2116DF-0BE8-49D1-9293-D416B87B3896.jpeg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
What about hi
I got burned out with a portable setup. The mechanic was loosening a bolt on the undercarriage and the interior caught fire. $18000 worth of equipment and my van totaled. Thankfully I had insurance.
S
My Hydramaster and Cleanco get up to 205-210 degrees f. The newer ones with the Salsa or Max heat packages get up to 235-240 degrees f. I have a lot less problems with hoses bursting or wearing out.
I get 200° from frankinstien it has a salsa unit the blower discharge temp on a 47 blower according to roots is 225° @ 14"hg so at 100% recovery (not possible) highest solution temp would be 225° my point was less problems with lower temps ,using exhaust to heat solution to super high temps creates more problems than it's worth

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
What about hi

S

I get 200° from frankinstien it has a salsa unit the blower discharge temp on a 47 blower according to roots is 225° @ 14"hg so at 100% recovery (not possible) highest solution temp would be 225° my point was less problems with lower temps ,using exhaust to heat solution to super high temps creates more problems than it's worth

20190908_171102.jpg 20190908_170642.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Amtex? burned thru...what did it "want" to catch on fire?
what flammables were near it?

The HM? air cooled engine?
what caused the crank to break and how could you of prevented it?

The Everest?
oil pouring on the manifold could start a fire
The spraying AF was a built in sprinkler system...

the same JD that charged $26 bukz a pop of a $3 spark plug?

ask it if needs a new blower...

Just make sure you don't forget and leave the can of WD-40 or greasy rag laying on the exhaust manifold
and run the damn thing...

..L.T.A.
Cheap galvanized homemade exhaust headers literally burned in half. Don’t lecture me on tm safety

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Oh probably about 5 grand a year company wide, not much...

If they actually put retired carpet cleaners on the sales floor, they'd probably sell 10 times that much
I’d be a bad sale sm for your glides. I’d tell all the weak ones to grow some manhood and use slotted only

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My custom SS header system off my 40hp kohler into my heat exchanger cost 1k alone to build after burning through a couple oem's.
This was no OEM. He used the galvanized plumbing elbows screwed in to the welded pipes that were welded to the original mounts that screwed in to the engine. Then he covered it up with exhaust wrap to hide it.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
This was no OEM. He used the galvanized plumbing elbows screwed in to the welded pipes that were welded to the original mounts that screwed in to the engine. Then he covered it up with exhaust wrap to hide it.
I meant truckmount manufacturer when I said oem

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Well, I ran it for about 2hrs today at my house cleaning up my tile and carpet. I ran great. This was the first time since I bought it that I'm pleased to say I can depend on it. It seems that gutting out the catalyst and pulling that junk out of that fuel injector fixed the problem.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
It barely glowed very close to where it bolted to the engine. Even then it didn't glow the whole job
Aren't they supposed to glow?ive driven my vans more than once with the dog house off and noticed that the exhaust manifolds glowed, and while on a dino my Shelby headers glowed too. On the vans the manifolds would quickly heat up and glow under acceleration and quickly cool off when i let off the gas same on the mustang glow bright when doing a pull and cool right down as soon as you let up on the gas

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Aren't they supposed to glow?ive driven my vans more than once with the dog house off and noticed that the exhaust manifolds glowed, and while on a dino my Shelby headers glowed too. On the vans the manifolds would quickly heat up and glow under acceleration and quickly cool off when i let off the gas same on the mustang glow bright when doing a pull and cool right down as soon as you let up on the gas

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I always read that glowing headers either was caused by lean fuel burn or bad catalytic converter. I had both problems and the glowing reduced almost 100%

I know some of these turbo engines in race cars are different, but a normal engine shouldn’t have a bright glow. My previous Titan and current Everest and now thermalwave don’t glow bright.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Next time I get bored, I’ll pull the doghouse off my van and see if it glows

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I always read that glowing headers either was caused by lean fuel burn or bad catalytic converter. I had both problems and the glowing reduced almost 100%

I know some of these turbo engines in race cars are different, but a normal engine shouldn’t have a bright glow. My previous Titan and current Everest and now thermalwave don’t glow bright.
I only saw the mustangs headers when it was under load on a dino and the vans exhaust manifolds glowed when i accelerated hard, so under load also .
I don't know anything about these carpet cleaner engines i just assumed that under load they would glow also. I just googled normal operating temperatures for catalytic converter

Screenshot_20230402_194541_Google.jpg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Ive been following this forum for awhile and assumed that glowing manifolds were normal, but im a pto guy and know next to zero about specific engines like yours my knowledge is more general

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ive been following this forum for awhile and assumed that glowing manifolds were normal, but im a pto guy and know next to zero about specific engines like yours my knowledge is more general
Whenever I get a pto, you’ll be harassed from me for certain

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom