BlueLine Thermalwave2 summer/fall project

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m taking it to the forklift later this week to move it. Rubber mats underneath are getting pulled up.

The waste tank was behind it but I think I’m gonna move it to the left side of the machine for better mounting space and ease of access to the rear and right side of the machine.

The van needs a power steering fluid reservoir, a tuneup, and a new rear door

As for the tm, the water pump needs tlc, and the 185f thermal relief valve needs replaced. 🤞. Once I get it completed, we’ll see what other issues it might have

17CE22B9-854E-4ABB-9ECE-28040E23E8EC.jpeg 2EFED58C-14C5-482E-A811-4DAA6ACBD6C8.jpeg 24D2C782-DA0F-424D-8B84-DA5A76476091.jpeg 7A5382E7-9E74-4E44-BEBC-232DC07DCCCC.jpeg 0B2116DF-0BE8-49D1-9293-D416B87B3896.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
can you video what "this" is?
glowing of the headers (injectors maybe dirty, maybe bad timing) and the idling could be smoother (fuel injectors), and the engine surface temp @ 300f on the side of the headers

FredC

Village Idiot
You know exhaust is s really hot right? That there are explosions happening in the whirly box?

Reactions: Nomad74

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
300 block temp on exhaust manifold side won't melt it ...I promise
It has a radiator, right?
what's the temp when hot?

I’ll give you the compared temp on the same locations of my Everest today

doesn't mean chit

I'm so worried it might be a fire hazard

don't hang your roll of toilet paper on the exhaust.

..LT.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
300 block temp on exhaust manifold side won't melt it ...I promise
It has a radiator, right?
what's the temp when hot?
..LT.A.

300 would be low.

I assume he means the differential compared to the other side

If it wasn’t in valve burning territory I wouldn’t worry about it. If I had to guess 5-600 could be considered normal

The glow can also be a materials/thickness issue

*it may already have valve issues from running stupid hot with the cat clogged

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
300 would be low.

I assume he means the differential compared to the other side

If it wasn’t in valve burning territory I wouldn’t worry about it. If I had to guess 5-600 could be considered normal

The glow can also be a materials/thickness issue

*it may already have valve issues from running stupid hot with the cat clogged
Makes me feel better. My Everest has same 285-300f on engine block exhaust side.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I just walked off a job. I'm so frustrated with this apartment complex. It's been building for sometime now and today just broke my back. It's located in Red Bluff, 30 miles away. I have three to clean this morning. Now they know I do repairs so everytime they call me they want me to stretch and repair their carpets. I hate stretching carpets and usually a restretch is required when the original installer doesn't stretch in the first place. When it's in a hallway it becomes a real pain if multiple seams need to be cut in doorways. Water and parking are beyond frustrating at this complex.

So I arrived and it was raining and starting to snow. Everything was muddy and a mess. I told the manager at the time of booking, "Make sure all units are unlocked so I can get right to work". Well, today they were all locked. I went to hook up my hose and they had just installed water Keys on all the spouts. I left my water key at home, my fault, but it still added to my frustration. I threw my clipboard in my van and drove home. I'm done with this place. The amount of low pay work doesn't justify my efforts.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just walked off a job. I'm so frustrated with this apartment complex. It's been building for sometime now and today just broke my back. It's located in Red Bluff, 30 miles away. I have three to clean this morning. Now they know I do repairs so everytime they call me they want me to stretch and repair their carpets. I hate stretching carpets and usually a restretch is required when the original installer doesn't stretch in the first place. When it's in a hallway it becomes a real pain if multiple seams need to be cut in doorways. Water and parking are beyond frustrating at this complex.

So I arrived and it was raining and starting to snow. Everything was muddy and a mess. I told the manager at the time of booking, "Make sure all units are unlocked so I can get right to work". Well, today they were all locked. I went to hook up my hose and they had just installed water Keys on all the spouts. I left my water key at home, my fault, but it still added to my frustration. I threw my clipboard in my van and drove home. I'm done with this place. The amount of low pay work doesn't justify my efforts.
I told you to never get in to stretching . Dumbass

Reactions: Dolly Llama
Name
Doug B
Now they know I do repairs so everytime they call me they want me to stretch and repair their carpets. I hate stretching carpets and usually a restretch is required when the original installer doesn't stretch in the first place. When it's in a hallway it becomes a real pain if multiple seams need to be cut in doorways.
Tell them "The guy who did our carpet stretching and repairs retired. We can only clean the carpet from now on."

Yeah, so they know it's you. You have retired from stretching and repairs.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
stop obsessing and just run the damn thing...

..L.T.A.
FOR GAWDS SAKE......JUST RUN THE DAMN THING!!!!

..L.T.A.
Larry, on my Amtex, Hydramaster, and my Everest (after the 2k hr Jondon svc) I did just "Run the damn thing" and one wanted to catch fire after the exhaust headers burned in half, the other wanted to literally jump out of the trailer when the crankshaft broke in half and caused the engine motor mounts to break at 3k rpm, and the other was spraying antifreeze and leaking allot of motor oil from an untightened filter from the meth-head mechanic the glorious Jondon hired. I'm not just gonna ignorantly run it without knowing it's not a risk to the operator or customer's property

And Damon, you need to be more OCD with what you're experiencing currently, especially after your Amtex almost burned your shit down.

It's not OCD, it's lack of trust from being let down. The douchebag manufacturers can't even put a damn engine temp gauge on the machine. They're that cheap! I remember one on the early prochems. It would help the operator relax more, not worried about overheating if the headers are glowing. I don't like not being able to communicate with my machine

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Larry, on my Amtex, Hydramaster, and my Everest (after the 2k hr Jondon svc) I did just "Run the damn thing" and one wanted to catch fire after the exhaust headers burned in half, the other wanted to literally jump out of the trailer when the crankshaft broke in half and caused the engine motor mounts to break at 3k rpm, and the other was spraying antifreeze and leaking allot of motor oil from an untightened filter from the meth-head mechanic the glorious Jondon hired. I'm not just gonna ignorantly run it without knowing it's not a risk to the operator or customer's property

And Damon, you need to be more OCD with what you're experiencing currently, especially after your Amtex almost burned your shit down.

It's not OCD, it's lack of trust from being let down. The douchebag manufacturers can't even put a damn engine temp gauge on the machine. They're that cheap! I remember one on the early prochems. It would help the operator relax more, not worried about overheating if the headers are glowing. I don't like not being able to communicate with my machine
I don’t know what you mean. I only encap now.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I see over 30k views on this thread. I'm glad I could entertain so many people. I hope this helped someone

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
and one wanted to catch fire after the exhaust headers burned in half

Amtex? burned thru...what did it "want" to catch on fire?
what flammables were near it?

the crankshaft broke

The HM? air cooled engine?
what caused the crank to break and how could you of prevented it?

and the other was spraying antifreeze and leaking allot of motor oil from an untightened filte

The Everest?
oil pouring on the manifold could start a fire
The spraying AF was a built in sprinkler system...

glorious Jondon hired.

the same JD that charged $26 bukz a pop of a $3 spark plug?

I don't like not being able to communicate with my machine

ask it if needs a new blower...

Just make sure you don't forget and leave the can of WD-40 or greasy rag laying on the exhaust manifold
and run the damn thing...

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

I got burned out with a portable setup. The mechanic was loosening a bolt on the undercarriage and the interior caught fire. $18000 worth of equipment and my van totaled. Thankfully I had insurance.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom