BlueLine Thermalwave2 summer/fall project

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m taking it to the forklift later this week to move it. Rubber mats underneath are getting pulled up.

The waste tank was behind it but I think I’m gonna move it to the left side of the machine for better mounting space and ease of access to the rear and right side of the machine.

The van needs a power steering fluid reservoir, a tuneup, and a new rear door

As for the tm, the water pump needs tlc, and the 185f thermal relief valve needs replaced. 🤞. Once I get it completed, we’ll see what other issues it might have

17CE22B9-854E-4ABB-9ECE-28040E23E8EC.jpeg 2EFED58C-14C5-482E-A811-4DAA6ACBD6C8.jpeg 24D2C782-DA0F-424D-8B84-DA5A76476091.jpeg 7A5382E7-9E74-4E44-BEBC-232DC07DCCCC.jpeg 0B2116DF-0BE8-49D1-9293-D416B87B3896.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Damon. When are you gonna check the temp on your CAT. I still think that glowing on your machine is an early warning sign.

• Wow
Reactions: Nomad74

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Cranked it up. put it under full load this time at full rpm. Exhaust manifold started glowing. The surface temperature of the engine block under the manifold was 285-300+

And the surface temp of the block on the other side was 175-190F. Keep in mind the fan is blowing air on that side, but that's a big difference.

Should I be concerned about that hot temp on the engine block on the side of the exhaust manifold?

This engine runs much hotter than my everest. So I think I'll start changing the oil every 50hrs instead of 100hrs

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Cranked it up. put it under full load this time at full rpm. Exhaust manifold started glowing. The surface temperature of the engine block under the manifold was 285-300+

And the surface temp of the block on the other side was 175-190F. Keep in mind the fan is blowing air on that side, but that's a big difference.

Should I be concerned about that hot temp on the engine block on the side of the exhaust manifold?

This engine runs much hotter than my everest. So I think I'll start changing the oil every 50hrs instead of 100hrs
Matt, have you ever been diagnosed with OCD?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Does this look dirty to you guys? I wasn’t able to test it where it’s located at

7F1BD2DB-D294-4B3C-B064-C368E4064D2F.jpeg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Does this look dirty to you guys? I wasn’t able to test it where it’s located at

View attachment 121339
Do you know anyone that owns one of theses injector testers? The rubber o'rings look like they should be replaced.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
Wtf do you have the fuel rail off now? Did you at least volt/ohm test them? Listen to see if one was acting up?

What’s another 500 I guess

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Wtf do you have the fuel rail off now? Did you at least volt/ohm test them? Listen to see if one was acting up?

What’s another 500 I guess
I'm just reading anything that might cause the glow if it's lean fuel burning. I picked up another set for $75. Amazon product

I pulled one out of the fuel rail and noticed some debris inside the rail where it plugs in.

FredC

Village Idiot
It’s just st as likely your cat isn’t as clear as you think but do you have any idea what EGTs are supposed to be?

Are you getting any lean codes? Any injector codes?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It’s just st as likely your cat isn’t as clear as you think but do you have any idea what EGTs are supposed to be?

Are you getting any lean codes? Any injector codes?
I haven't checked any codes. The whole inside of the CAT is cleared out. It's a big open tube now. I'll see if I can find the specific EGT

The only two things that haven't been replaced to cause this would be timing and fuel injectors. I wanted to test the injectors. But for $75, it seemed a good idea to just replace them. Remember the previous owner used transmission hoses for fuel lines. I was wondering if there was some debris that might've clogged the injectors

Name
Nate W.
I haven't checked any codes. The whole inside of the CAT is cleared out. It's a big open tube now. I'll see if I can find the specific EGT

The only two things that haven't been replaced to cause this would be timing and fuel injectors. I wanted to test the injectors. But for $75, it seemed a good idea to just replace them. Remember the previous owner used transmission hoses for fuel lines. I was wondering if there was some debris that might've clogged the injectors

Good gawd Smatty......... Reminder to never sell Matt anything.. Holy jeebus, worse than a woman.. :lol:

Then you'll complain that the injectors are not OEM.. :eekk:

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray

FredC

Village Idiot
I'll see if I can find the specific EGT

The only two things that haven't been replaced to cause this would be timing and fuel injectors. I wanted to test the injectors.

can you video what "this" is?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom