Bit off more than I can handle?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
[/QUOTE]
what if I don't use stripper and just scrub with water and a black pad
With the floor that bad it will end up blotchy, the pads will scalp the high spots and leave the low spots.
can I rinse with my tile spinner after I scrub and strip it
I would not recommend sucking up the stipper solution, if the solution gets into the blower the wax that was dissolved will dry instantly on the hot lobes and build up seizing the blower. For rinsing the tile spinner will work, going too hot with the water can loosen tile. Of you get stripper solution on your vacuum hoses they will look horrible.

Good Price on the job you are making enough to take your time, be patient. Let the stripper do its job and DO NOT wax too quickly between coats, make that they are completely dry and not sticky.
Too determine when to recoat. After the finish is dry walk on it, stand and think about what a great job you are doing and then as you lift your foot listen to hear if it stuck to the floor at all, if it did wait a little longer and repeat. If You apply the finish too quickly the solids will fall into the previous coat and it will look streaky.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Three bukz a ft to top scrub

Unless it’s a little 150sf room and your min charge works out to 3-0-ft, i’d Sure keep that account happy
Cause they’re obviously morons with more money than brains...

LTA

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
3 bukz a ft, eh?
well then, I'd sure as hell sub it out and keep 2 bukz a ft while I watched Blippi with the grandkids

I

lta

Three bukz a ft to top scrub

Unless it’s a little 150sf room and your min charge works out to 3-0-ft, i’d Sure keep that account happy
Cause they’re obviously morons with more money than brains...

LTA

Haha they like me so ya your probably right

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Do what Wade Moore said!!!!! If your 175 has a tank even better. I couldn’t even read all that, they’re carpet cleaners not vct techs. The chair marks will be the hardest, but can be done.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My VCT story. Did a large Rec Hall a few years back. It had not been stripped and waxed in over 15 years. So I go in and strip it. The floor is in really bad shape. I use 3m black pads on my 175 and bones saw stripper. I sucked the slurry up with my TM (Bad Idea). Then applied my wax. Customers kept coming into the building, slipping and falling. Even with signs up, they continued to walk in. I was sick the entire time. Thought I was going to get sued.

So I got the floor done. I charged $1.50 per sqft to do this. A week later I get a call from the manager. She is complaining that the surface is a little rough in areas. I offered to go back and redo the entire floor, which I did. Turns out someone in the past used some sort of lacquer sealer on the floor and it wasn't stripping. Or maybe it was just 15 years of wax buildup. Whatever it was, the floor was really messed up. I redid the floor and it was still rough in some areas. I had 19 hours into that job. That's when I decided to never do VCT again. A true pain in the ass. I'm still pulling wax slurry buildup out of the hoses of my shop vac.

Last edited:

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
My VCT story. Did a large Rec Hall a few years back. IT had not been stripped and waxed in over 15 years. So I go in and strip it. The floor is in really bad shape. I use 3m black pads on my 175 and bones saw stripper. I suck the slurry up with my TM (Bad Idea). Then applied my wax. Customers kept coming into the building and slipping and falling. Even with signs up, the continued to walk in. I was sick the entire time. Thought I was going to get sued.

So I got the floor done. I charged $1.50 per sqft to do this. A week later I get a call from the manager. She is complaining that the surface is a little rough in areas. So I offer to go back and redo the entire floor, which I did. Turns out someone in the past used some sort of lacquer sealer on the floor and it was not stripping. Or maybe it was just 15 years of wax buildup. Whatever it was, the floor was really messed up. I redid the floor and it was still rough in some areas. I had 19 hours into that job. That's when I decided to never do VCT again. A true pain in the ass. I'm still pulling wax slurry buildup out of the hoses of my shop vac.

Thanks for the pep talk!

It sounds like I am going to get to learn a lot tomorrow

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I’m going to apply the stripper let dwell scrub with my buffer and black pad
Vacuum up slurry with shop vac and Malay mop from edges first a thin layer of wax let dry and the. Scrub with white pad

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I’m going to apply the stripper let dwell scrub with my buffer and black pad
Vacuum up slurry with shop vac and Malay mop from edges first a thin layer of wax let dry and the. Scrub with white pad
Most finishes don't need polishing with white pad. Just mop on, let dry. Mop on, let dry. Mop on, let dry. Don't forget to mop rinse with neutral cleaner after stripping.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
What you said too. I couldn’t read all of that above, but if someone said buff in between, that’s nonsense and a time waister. Fans don’t hurt, ive used them for years. Blowers are different. But small blower for air circulation is ok. Can shite fly, of course. It can without fans. Deal with it on the next application.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom