be careful on those cash jobs..

Mikey P

Administrator
a former MB'r got this FB review recently...

julie.jpg

We refuse to take cash for this very reason.

How do you rationalize a "cash discount" with your customers?

Reactions: scrrocks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nearly all checks with some credits cards too. The small amount of cash we see is from retail items sold here at the office.

We do offer quick pay discounts to corporate accounts, but not cash discounts.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Almost nobody pays with cash anymore. It may be because my customers are mainly white collar or military. If I had Chavez's market, I'd have to worry.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We rarely see cash 1 in 300 jobs.

We have a restaurant here in indy that has a card pay in cash 10 times and get your eleventh meal free.

We have 2 donut shops that only take cash.

how much is reported?

a chain of restaurants called rodeo has been fined 4 million dollars for how they handled cash just this last month.

Name
Lee Stockwell
One of my favorite family owned restaurants, Hungry Bear, is cash or check only, no plastic....in a University town. I seldom carry much cash and it's a pain in the neck when I'm not carrying a checkbook. They say they don't want to pay the transaction costs. They will be out of business after 45 strong years here I suspect.

They also won't carry Splenda...so they deserve to go.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Cash is not so rare here. Alot of times for jobs under $200 we get cash. Probably money won gambling - finally could get the carpets cleaned.

steve_64

looked to me like the problem wasnt the cash job, it was his writing a false letter that created a problem. :shifty:

Reactions: Ron K

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Uhh, I don't wanna throw any cold water here. But many carpet cleaning employees DO "accept cash" for their "upsells". (Don't ask me how I learned this.) :(

Steve

PS For those of you with employees working outside of your direct control this fact points up the need to gently "add accountability" to your routine operations. Don't do it if you don't want to but experience proves it is a wise thing to do. I'm just sayin...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had it done to us too about 30-years ago. (last time that we know of)

The only way we found out was a neighbor to a client called and wanted the same deal that they got. Then he explained.

We held a company interrogation after that.
There were few unmarked graves out back after that day.
:icon_twisted:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I did not think Steve was that subtle :winky:.

I had a neighbor approach me and ask if I wanted to do some extra money on the side. She thought I was an employee and was ready to strike a deal. Was it my cloths, the accent, my desperate look?

She was very disappointed to hear that I owned this little splash and dash outfit.
I didn't get the job :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Very possible but we don't clean "that much" carpet any more like we did in years past. Of the carpet we do clean a share of it is commercial too. BUT that doesn't mean someone has figured out another way to weasel some other scam. :oldrolleyes:

We actually employ some great people and we do thoroughly trust them they have keys and come and go freely with no supervision. Yes, we may leave ourselves exposed at times trusting so much. However if hire the good people, kick those questionable to the curb you limit a lot of the problem people.

All we can really do is build fences and mend any holes we find in the fences. It keeps the honest people honest and the dishonest people well lets hope their aren't many here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom