Attention Top 25ers

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I want to make sure you guys are correctly doing steps. Pre-Vac with the Sanitaire 887 no attachment needed choke down on it. Steps are dying for a roll brush. Hammer them with your favorite Pre-Spray. Pre-Scrub with a Host Machine or your favorite CRB. Now listen up. Unscrew Mikey P's grout brush from Home Depot and dig out all the crud on the three three crevices. Also use the grout brush for the riser. You will pull all kinds of hair. (I hate the Grout brush on wall to wall edges fooker always flip flops) Choke down on your Green Glided Twand and Flush the fook out of them. Then pick up any left over debris with the vac hose. Grab a Crusty Johnny G pad and towel dry them. Apply protector. Groom with your favorite brush. Pretty amazing to me that Ken Snow thinks cleaning steps are easy. Maybe he is skipping a few steps. No pun intended. LOL. LOL. When you are done there should be a puddle of sweat at the bottom of the staircase. I know its a busy time of the year but remember its a Huge Honor to be Ranked as one of the Top Twenty Five Cleaners in the Nation. Remember I am always Watchin You.

Golden Boy

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Waldo are any OP/Cimex/Bonnet cleaners in the top 25?

I'll take note of all the excellent advice you're giving.

And alittle self promotion for you to notice how hard I'm trying to improve.

:shock:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I guess I can't get in. Scrubbing with a 175 and post padding berbers with a cobb pad. And I use a greenhorn stairtool. Always room for improvement.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
If you have the time, come ride with me for a few day's...I will be in the top 10 if you do!
systems, procedures, technical proficiency, and heart, (and balls) all on My truck everyday!

G

Hey Waldo,heres a tip to help you make alot more money while you still have your other job.Heres what you do,you call up all your local carpet cleaners and you ask them what kind of juice they use,then you get on the horn with Mikey, and he uses his connections from when he was a supply clerk to get you the best deal,then load up the truck in all the open areas and while you are out picking up cadavers,you drop off some juice.Ca ching

Mikey P

Administrator
K. P. said:
Hey Waldo,heres a tip to help you make alot more money while you still have your other job.Heres what you do,you call up all your local carpet cleaners and you ask them what kind of juice they use,then you get on the horn with Mikey, and he uses his connections from when he was a supply clerk to get you the best deal,then load up the truck in all the open areas and while you are out picking up cadavers,you drop off some juice.Ca ching

Stick to one liners.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Lyman said:
No 175 for stairs, just old fashion hand scrub.

I routinely use a 15" 175 on stairs, has an oversized brush (with riser). It looks awkward balancing it but cleans beautifully; much better than a hand scrub brush, just as the 175 outcleans a hand scrubbing on a heavily soiled traffic lane.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL- is anyone in Waldo's top 25 even a full time cleaner or do they all have to work real jobs to pay their bills so they can spend their off time posting about how great a carpet cleaner they are, but alas do virtually no carpet cleaning?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Like you've met anyone anyway ?

The real gurus generally are full-time cleaners or were full-time cleaners and there are plenty of them. I'd suggest Thomas Cermak as one that is fairly close to you.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Ken Snow said:
LOL- is anyone in Waldo's top 25 even a full time cleaner or do they all have to work real jobs to pay their bills so they can spend their off time posting about how great a carpet cleaner they are, but alas do virtually no carpet cleaning?

Exactly what I was thinking, I would rather make some serious $$$$ than ever be included in some worthless "top cleaner" list!!!

Also a list produced by some BB junkie that has zero credibility in the industry!

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
All the guru's I've known just posted all day.
Like you used to do, Harold.

As the most active Poster by a long shot, that would make you the ONE and ONLY guru around.
Something wrong with that theory, pigman.

Folks who work more in an office than sling a wand, have more time to post so does that make you a part-timer that is afraid of going home to do chores ?

May I suggest lawn bowling or darts ?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I posted today but it was 40 min after midnight. Been out all day and now home.
I don't want a lot of employees, I'm not worried about the "list", I just do what I know I need to do and take the time I need to take. Oddly enough, people like what I do.

Fred Homan

Try an Oreck orbital (12") for the steps brush head....Perfect! And light to handle.....Trust me....

Kevin McCreary said:
[quote="Ken Snow":n78fy6lg]LOL- is anyone in Waldo's top 25 even a full time cleaner or do they all have to work real jobs to pay their bills so they can spend their off time posting about how great a carpet cleaner they are, but alas do virtually no carpet cleaning?

Exactly what I was thinking, I would rather make some serious $$$$ than ever be included in some worthless "top cleaner" list!!!

Also a list produced by some BB junkie that has zero credibility in the industry![/quote:n78fy6lg]

Waldo's list has the most credibility in the industry, I guess you didn't see Waldo's list was in ICS magazine last year, if thats not legit, what is kevin?....

gary mackay

Ron's work sure did make my fingers hurt! That was some serious military style cleaning & I feel like a real hack right now.

Name
Kevin McCreary
****** list was in a magazine that has as much credibility as the magazine that made Joe Polish the
man of the year. This is why I do not get involved in carpet cleaning politics. No one really knows who
the best cleaners are. Many great cleaners do exsist that are not B.B. guys or guys that do no participate in
in the industry other than cleaning. Guys you have never heard of. People who have died or retired.
So how can you create a list with out factoring them in? As far as Michigan goes, don't believe
everything you read, I'm busier than I care to be, I have added 2 new techs in the past 9 month's and I'm in the
process of adding another carpet and duct cleaning rig. I cant speak for Ken, But I know they have a loyal
following and they are a household name around here like McDonald's. I'm sure they did more revenue in the first
quarter than all of the guys on the dumb ass list combined will do all year.

Who the Hell is Waldo?
What made him so knowledgeable?
Actually who the Hell really cares?

And no I'm not saying I don't like Waldo, I'm just saying the list has zero credibility.

Waldo, Michigan might look like a mess on paper, but at least where not boxed in by corn fields.
We still have a lot of Industry here and always will. You just hear the negative stuff the media wants you to hear.
When the dust finally settles in Michigan I can guarantee Ken and myself will have gained a lot of market share.
I'm sure you have no idea how to gain market share because your too busy trying to figure out what wand is
better and how to change belts on vacuum cleaners, and what brush to scrub stairs with, rookie!

Some of you guys over think and over clean everything ! Its just Carpet Cleaning!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Does Waldo have a job also? Is that what is being said?

Also a list produced by some BB junkie that has zero credibility in the industry!

If you can be successful without any complaints and do all the steps and waldope doesn't like your pricing or you, you won't make it. That is why he has zero credibility. It is not an independent assessment

Ken Snow said:

That is so true!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom