At what $point$ do you gome home happy.

Name
Jesse
Yes they get a bonus. It's a different % for different types of sales. They sell some protector but very few other services. Those are work.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Good point, Jess. Which leads me to a tactic a number of our SFS members have implemented. I call it the "lean and hungry" philosophy.

One big problem on the truck is we book our tech's day too full. Then we get upset when they don't sell up but remember that it takes time to actually do this work! (even applying Scotchgard takes time to sell/apply!)

So what some of our members are doing is they book one job per day less AND increase their protector prices AND double their tech's commission on upsells. (Your numbers may vary.) But the idea is:
a) to give your techs the time to sell AND
b) the motivation to do so.

Ideally you will wind up with a higher gross and net plus happier techs who are not as stressed plus they are taking more money home. And you are too!

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS One of the biggest reasons our employees don't sell more is because they don't have the time to do so.

The Preacher

i need 3200 a month to pay my family and business obligations, i shoot for 6500 and work the days/nights needed to make it happen. lucky for me i make the 3200 on 3 accounts monthly, and i have several quarterly accounts that make for good quarters. i know having one or two accounts carry a biz is dangerous, so i pound the pavement on a regular basis.

one good thing about the cleaning biz is it gives me the freedom to play with the family, ump baseball and ref football as i wish, and ya can't put a value on that!!!

I'm building my residential base back up to take the pressure off my commercial night work. I'll say SFS has been a God send in the building process. The bathmat/spotter bottle presentation is gold, as is asking permission for all i do in the home, closes more sales than i ever thought it would. Just a few strategies will do a ton for 99% of BDCC businesses!!!

TimP

Steve Toburen said:
Good point, Jess. Which leads me to a tactic a number of our SFS members have implemented. I call it the "lean and hungry" philosophy.

One big problem on the truck is we book our tech's day too full. Then we get upset when they don't sell up but remember that it takes time to actually do this work! (even applying Scotchgard takes time to sell/apply!)

So what some of our members are doing is they book one job per day less AND increase their protector prices AND double their tech's commission on upsells. (Your numbers may vary.) But the idea is:
a) to give your techs the time to sell AND
b) the motivation to do so.

Ideally you will wind up with a higher gross and net plus happier techs who are not as stressed plus they are taking more money home. And you are too!

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS One of the biggest reasons our employees don't sell more is because they don't have the time to do so.

I completely agree. I notice that when I'm not so booked I can get the protector a bit better and be a bit more profitable. Easier to do when you don't have full days all the time. Just this week I didn't have time to finish a job with protector and luckily I was coming back to do the neighbors house and was able to finish it the next day cause I had to get to the next job that day or loose it.

Rex Tyus

I am never happy. When I am booked solid I am bitching because I work too much. When I get home too early I am bitching because I am not working enough. I am damn hard to please.

Name
Jesse
Ron L. What would you charge to V 25k sqft carpet in a box store? High particle soil load, 0 stains, nothing to move. And do you get them at that rate, whatever it is.
I'm guessing $15k

I've gotten .25 out of them but most say no deal.

Name
Ron lippold
I did one a few months back at .23 and got it it took a few nights As i did it my self. I have one coming up 26,000 sq ft at .35 with helper it will take 2 nights

Name
Ron lippold
I forgot i don't like that kinda work. I would much rather have 3 jobs like today good money and not dirty. A good week and a half.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom