At what $point$ do you gome home happy.

Mikey P

Administrator
How much do you or your company need to make in a day to make you content.

Sure everyone would like to bang out 2G's a day per truck but that ain't gonna happen often.

What is Ken Snow's 40 truck operation happy point?
Scooter's 3 truck?
Brian Luddy's 1 truck?

For me I am satisfied at a hair over my last year's average so about $1200 is enough to make me smile.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I need 5-G's a day to keep the doors open.

Any penny over that and I'm happy, anything less and I sit in the corner and cry.

Ok, so maybe I don't cry but I re-read my SFS book till my hands bleed! :lol:

8)

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Our goal is 1K a day. Somedays we kill that but many we do not. We are having a killer year. More days over 1k than ever. I can't wait to crunch the numbers at the end of the month.

diamond brian

Those are pretty good averages. Are we including the days that ice covered roads make cleaning an impossibility? And we're talking per truck--right?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
About $36,400 a day 6 days a week in season and somewhat less in winter will make our numbers for our 3 Cleaning Services divisions.

Ken
Ps Mike- we only run 25-28 crews to homes cleaning carpet and furniture. We have lots of other vehicles doing other things from pick up and delivery, to disaster response to showroom shuttles to owner and manager vehicles. A total of about 52 I think.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
$300 a day makes my nipples hard. $400 makes me wet myself, $500 and I soil myself, but that rarely happens.

Matt King

As a 1 man show I'm happy anywhere in the 500-1000 range. Preferably on the upper end of that figure. Some days you'll have larger numbers and some days there isn't much to be had. Winter takes its toll here...

steve r

i can get by on $200 a day and thats been my average lately but i usually only work 2 to 3 days a week.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
$500 days are fine. I don't like to work past 1:00 pm now a days. The only debt I owe now is for a New Lexus GS 350 bought last week for the wife. Life is good.

Loren

Name
steve snail
Ditto w/Matt King.

Must say averages have jumped since I started reading this board and became a supporting member.

Good thread, motivational!

ShawnB

I always shoot for at least $1000+ day. I'm not disappointed with a $500 day though. Sometimes there's the ocassional $2000+ dollar day (have 1 of them next week).

Life is good.

Jerry

Supportive Member
I'm with Matt & Omaha Steve. 500 to 950 per day. I haven't hit a grand yet, but it will come soon. Been busier than hell here!
Jerry

G

I have a full time night job!
So I clean carpet & tile on the side !
so about $300.00 - $600.00 a week is good with me!!!! :)

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
This time of year I like to make a minimum of 850. Most days I pass that easily and surpass a grand quite often.

danpauselius

I find that there are times that I'll only work as hard as I really have to. If I only need to take in $500 a day, then that seems to be my average. When I need $1000 a day, it just kind of happens for me. Power of suggestion maybe?

harryhides

Name
Tony
3k a day is OK, 4k is better.

Kem, with 28 trucks running, assuming none are down for repairs those figures imply an AVERAGE of $1,300 per truck every day. How many hours a day are your Techs running on average. If memory serves you said that your job average across the board was $135 ??

dallasdj

I agree with you Harry, doesn't seem like much truth here.I avg about $500 at .37 sf. 2 clients per day 1 truck.

Although I've had 1000 clean days it's from dusk till dawn hard at it. If you include the restoration work the numbers are skewed but thousands of dollars a day from carpet cleaning...I don't think so.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Sorry I was not clear Tony, That is for all 3 divisions i.e. On-Location Cleaning (which is where the 25-28 trucks are), Rug Care Services (cleaning and repair of rugs) and Fire & Flood Services.

Our On-Location Division is doing well at 20-22+ k a day average.

Ken
Ps That does not include our retail business either which ideally would be another 25k per day to make its numbers.

TimP

My goal is 300 a day. Any less I worry. Any more I'm happy. My best day yet has been 1100. My best this month 730. I have more 300 days or less than others. I'm a one man show usually.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Hey Tony,

Just imagine where you would be if you worked your numbers as hard as you do Ken's! :)

Island Boy

PS The variation on desired numbers above is incredibly wide. And yet the beauty of this industry is everyone is eating regularly and my guess is Terry even gets his can of Vienna sausages on special occasions! (Remember that eveyone's level of overhead and cost of living varies greatly.) My point is this business lets everyone define their level of success ... and achieve it.

Name
Jesse
Day shift:
V1, 2 techs. Average is about 850 Goal is 1100. We have some work to do.
v2, 1 tech. Average is about 400 Goal is 600. Also more work to do.

When I was in the van with a helper I averaged just over 1k. The difference was up-sales.

Night shift:
1 or 2 techs 4-600 is cool with me. I love the 15k+ sqft nights I just need lots more of them.

Name
steve snail
Steve Toburen wrote,

PS The variation on desired numbers above is incredibly wide. And yet the beauty of this industry is everyone is eating regularly and my guess is Terry even gets his can of Vienna sausages on special occasions! (Remember that eveyone's level of overhead and cost of living varies greatly.) My point is this business lets everyone define their level of success ... and achieve it.
Amen!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Steve Toburen said:
Hey Tony,
Just imagine where you would be if you worked your numbers as hard as you do Ken's! :)

I find Ken's market and mine have a lot in common, mainly blue collar and not a lot of new housing to make up for the loss of carpet to hard surfaces.
And of course his larger numbers make for much more realistic averages as opposed to some hotshot OO's numbers.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
You are right, Jess. It isn't that you were working harder or went faster. Instead, when you were on the truck you:
a) Instinctively related better to the customer
b) Knew how to sell and
c) Were motivated to do so.
Most techs are the opposite, which is a real shame for both their take home pay (you are giving them an "up-sell bonus, aren't you?) and your bottom line.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS I've condensed the two hours in our SFS seminar of new "up-sell" procedures for technicians into an eleven page report. If you haven't ordered it before just write me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com and I will e-mail it to you- no charge and no obligation. Just write "upsell" in the subject line.

PPS If you also want my DVD on SFS just include your mailing address. Once again no obligation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom