Anyone here done billboard advertisement successfully?

T

Tony Reyes

I just signed a 4 week contract with CBS Outdoors for 9 duct cleaning billboards $3000 (Eugene/Springfield Oregon market) I understand there are many variables but in general has anyone here seen a decent return with Billboard ads? I thought about doing one for CC Whole House Any Size $195. The Eugene area is a brand new market for me so I am willing to try anything to get it rolling. Thanks
Anthony Reyes

As long as you break even you are doing great.

It will create brand awareness that may produce jobs months after the billboard signs come down.

That is why it will be hard to track results.

For me to do a billboard, I would have to commit 25k at one time. They are not cheap here.

I am trying to stay away from that business model.

I personally think you would get better results hiring someone with that 4k for two months to hit all the commerical places, realtor offices, some residential, and industrial places. Do that with the billboard for a one two punch.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
DANG...how FAR do you drive for jobs.....WOW!!!

target ZIPCODES......wit flyers....
repeat....repeat......repeat.....
inserted into small community newspapers!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Daniel you should contact clearchannel the rates for 5 faces in your area is about 3500 a month plus about 800 in production. Right now that industry is starving

Chris A

Name
Chris
there's so many blank ones around here I can definitely believe that.

You can do multiple small billboards or one large one on the freeway.

I think they offer 10 billboards that are small throughout the city for about what one on the freeway costs.

To do one on the freeway in a prime spot costs no less than 4k per month with a 6 month minimum. They are all filled up and you have to be placed on a waiting list. A lot of businesses do them in the same spot for years. I think it would work good to do one in the spring/summer along with other marketing, but that alone will not work.

Like I said, spend the money on a sales rep that will produce guranteed monthly revenue instead of spending so much for possibly one time residential clients.

Also advertising price is a huge mistake.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
local ccer is advertising 85.00 for three areas on at least two billboards that I know of in my area, lame pic of a tech wearing 80's style uniform pushing a wand... at least it has a glide on the wand... LOL.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would think with a billboard you would want to list your website as the main focus.

If you are promoting airduct or whatever...you are promoting it for everyone.

If they see in big letters

AirDuct.com

or
Yourcompanyname.com

That will inspire them to check it out when they get home....make it easy for them.

Once they are home and in front of the computer they are more likely to call or email.

I like the idea because you will be the only one advertising your industry on that billboard so if they do go to your website...they are less likely to go to any other website.

Let us know what happens

And please post photos of the billboard.
Thanks

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Tony, I do not see a web site listed in your profile. If you do not have a web site, get one now or you will piss off Brian.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I know a guy who owns some commercial property on the 605 freeway in california, the sign place PAYS him 5k a month just to have the sign post on the property. one can only imagine what they are charging for it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
You're kidding me?
:shock:

You CAN...mOvE this DAT....thread... !gotcha!

ps..Our.... Billboards....Are Free.... :idea:

DSC06580.jpg

AND TRAVEL ABOUT 25K MILES A YEAR...... :mrgreen:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
That is exactly why I don't do them anymore Harpman- I have 35 or so rolling biilboards putting on a total of 750,000 miles in metro detroit, plus sitting for 20,000 plus hours in driveways and streets with cars passing them by.

Ken

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Brian R said:
You're kidding me?
:shock:

You CAN...mOvE this DAT....thread... !gotcha!

ps..Our.... Billboards....Are Free.... :idea:

DSC06580.jpg

AND TRAVEL ABOUT 25K MILES A YEAR...... :mrgreen:

Free? Who are you? The Dave Yoakum of the boxtruck world?? :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom