Anyone hanging tags on water shutoff valves and Hot water heaters?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Anyone hanging tags on water shutoff valves and Hot water heaters? Has it proven to worth the time? I know several marketing gurus have mentioned it works for them or they had heard it was working for others.

What's been your experience?

TagPlumbing5.jpg

Connor

Name
Connor
Some plumbing shops do it, if it's my competition, I keep em.

I have removed plenty of tagged and labeled units that had been tagged by the competition that customers never paid attention to, while on the other hand, I've had my stickers be found on water heaters by the new homeowner and they call me. So, YMMV.

Connor

Name
Connor
I have magnets for the fridge and stickers for the water heater and disposal. I don't see the value in tagging shut off valves. The guys at ShuBee sell some stuff.

Connor

Name
Connor
Richard, have you considered leaving behind battery powered water alarms and badging them and giving them away at home shows.

[video=youtube;VqomZQMZQCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ[/video]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used sell them many years ago....well we sold one.

State Farm gives away washer hoses at all of their contacts with the homeowner. Good idea but as you know there are just so many other sources of water in your home that can fail that even taking washer hoses off the list will have little impact IF the homeowner actually uses them.

In the the four home's I've owned we've had foundation leaks, sump pump, washer drain hose, ice maker, toilet over flow, valve failure to supply line to sink, frozen pipe to the outside spigot. Live by water die by water. ; )

Connor

Name
Connor
Tell you what, gimme 2500 a year and I'll send you all my WDR jobs, up to ten a year, payable up front, no checks.

Connor

Name
Connor
:eekk:

We don't pay for referrals but how about I buy you lunch or a dounut once in a while?

Sounds like a line of crap from a Mexi-Kan-sas WDR cheapskate, if you ask me. The WDR guys around here don't pay for referrals either, even though they say they do. LOL.

I sent a wall to wall water loss to a local guy in May I'd sent him some referrals before, his first words to me were "I was trying to reach you last year to give you $200, but I couldn't find you, and I've spent the money now." Of course, he didn't have any referral fee for the job I sent him that day either, but I was just trying to get my customer taken care of and keep that green truck franchise out because their constant stopping by pissed me off.

I sent a sewage loss to a different company shortly thereafter and I got a thank you call from the owner, which was nice. I've still not found a WDR contractor that makes me feel good to send referrals to.

Connor

Name
Connor
I'd find the one that responds the fastest, has the experienced and training as well as the equipment to handle the loss.

When you do find them, say hello to my guys. ; )

But, Chavez, when Speedy Gonzales shows up, shouldn't I say "hola", instead? What's your response time to Augusta?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Say what you want just pay the man and I'll be good with it. It's out of our service area but for you man....give us a couple of days and we will be there! :winky:

Speedywdr.jpg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Never did the sticker/magnet thing for water heaters, but did do stickers on furnace for duct cleaning, with a reminder of when it should be done again.

Connor

Name
Connor
Well, if you can't write good copy, always go for the visual gag.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Luggage tags that have our color imprint on one side and an area for the company or tech to put his on the other, we put them under the kitchen sink (trust me no one is looking down there unless there is a problem) and hot water heater feed lines as you guys have been

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom