Any newTruckmounts w/ app?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You want to cool it down? My mounts were side door slide ins.
Build a frame on the left side of your tm and install a 12 volt electric radiator fan blowing out the back door.
Not a small one. One that will move 2000+ cfm.
Best thing I ever did.
Is it one I can pick up at the local auto parts or should I check on amazon for something that high cfm?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Im a little nervous about using it so much. Figure if I start stop 10 extra times, I hope my clutch doesn't burn out quicker. I don't want to go thru that every year...

But it is sweet.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Amazon. My Dad did all the work, I will get you the link.
3A8B1412-9AEC-4864-B311-5C4019884C6C.png

0FCD8173-D4AE-400A-B3E2-3E2942DE59E9.png

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Back to the original question...why dont manufacturers make this available? They could BUT either carpet cleaners are too cheap to pay extra for it, OR there are not enough carpet cleaners that would buy it to make it viable.

My best guess anyway.

Reactions: The Great Oz

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Back to the original question...why dont manufacturers make this available? They could BUT either carpet cleaners are too cheap to pay extra for it, OR there are not enough carpet cleaners that would buy it to make it viable.

My best guess anyway.
Something they could offer as an option. The cheap guys would never buy it but if it existed from the manufacturer, in sure some people would like it.

Lc17smp

Name
Larry Cole
It would be really convenient to be able to remotely control heat, injection and possibly throttle. On medium and large jobs I make several trips out to the van to turn the heat and injection off to prespray additional rooms. Then back out to turn it back on.

SpideyMike

Name
Mike Kallen
In regards to a remote for a PTO truckmount panel switches and the reasons, I have it. (1) Hauling up hoses to an upper balcony or dropping them after, I can have the truckmount off and not have to worry about sucking up beauty bark/rocks/or kids playing with it. (2) When there is gonna be a delay in cleaning for whatever reason - again I turn off the truckmount. (3) If the solution hose blows- I can turn off the pressure switch or the truckmount. (4) My mix tank solution sloshes out when rolling down the road so I will often turn off the mix tank shortly before I finish cleaning to lower it's level. I usually will use 3 of the 4 channels on a remote and I have it only energized when the truckmount panel key is in ACC position so that I can't accidentally engage my truckmount while driving down the road -That would not be cool!

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
In regards to a remote for a PTO truckmount panel switches and the reasons, I have it. (1) Hauling up hoses to an upper balcony or dropping them after, I can have the truckmount off and not have to worry about sucking up beauty bark/rocks/or kids playing with it. (2) When there is gonna be a delay in cleaning for whatever reason - again I turn off the truckmount. (3) If the solution hose blows- I can turn off the pressure switch or the truckmount. (4) My mix tank solution sloshes out when rolling down the road so I will often turn off the mix tank shortly before I finish cleaning to lower it's level. I usually will use 3 of the 4 channels on a remote and I have it only energized when the truckmount panel key is in ACC position so that I can't accidentally engage my truckmount while driving down the road -That would not be cool!
It is great working solo with the remote. I dont have all the options, just on/off. I have yet to see if starting and stopping with the machine in the working position will take its toll on the clutch. Good for now. As far as accidentally hitting the on button while driving, since emergencey brake is off, im thinking it would just kick in on idle speed.

The real shocker is if I leave it with power off, leave the remote at home, go to the job and cant turn it on. I forget wiring stuff real fast when I dont see it for a while, and would be sitting there like an idiot. Calling the office to hurry up and bring the remote.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
It is great working solo with the remote. I dont have all the options, just on/off. I have yet to see if starting and stopping with the machine in the working position will take its toll on the clutch. Good for now. As far as accidentally hitting the on button while driving, since emergencey brake is off, im thinking it would just kick in on idle speed.

The real shocker is if I leave it with power off, leave the remote at home, go to the job and cant turn it on. I forget wiring stuff real fast when I dont see it for a while, and would be sitting there like an idiot. Calling the office to hurry up and bring the remote.
Hi, so you have a start stop option for your machine? My take on this is you operate a pto? Im really really interested in the possibility of incorporating this into my machine. My waste tank float switch shuts down the machine when full, and powers back up when i turn the waste pump ,so turning the ignition on and off should be the same, with that i have a couple questions first what are you using make modle of module ?, next range? Third and final will it work on 2020 chevy van? Thanks. D

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray

Looking thru these posts i see what youve done on my syst it will be a be breeze all my machines pwer is controlled by a single relay box and is energized with a switch on the dashboard so all ill have to do is wire the remote controller between the master switch and relay box, that way it not only cuts power to the machine but the throttle controller also so my engine will drop to idle and like the waste switch itll powerthe machine backup then throttle up also, or maybe easier tie it into the waste tank float switch which will kill the throttle controller also. ya!! my minds a goin now thanks frankinstien's gettin a remote!!!

20220322_104506.jpg 20220213_152744.jpg 20220213_152626.jpg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Loving this option after a couple days. First time I restarted remotely I had no suction. the tennis ball fell out of port 2 when machine off. Never liked the ports on this machine and had to customize from the start. My old Thermalwave has nice ports welded on and have rubber cap that I don't need to play around with. On this machine, not the case. I will find one soon, but for the last 6 years just been plugging with a piece of wood or a tennis ball.

Here is the quick fix. Now im set, and looks so high tech lol

View attachment 117250

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Loving this option after a couple days. First time I restarted remotely I had no suction. the tennis ball fell out of port 2 when machine off. Never liked the ports on this machine and had to customize from the start. My old Thermalwave has nice ports welded on and have rubber cap that I don't need to play around with. On this machine, not the case. I will find one soon, but for the last 6 years just been plugging with a piece of wood or a tennis ball.

Here is the quick fix. Now im set, and looks so high tech lol

View attachment 117250
I use a 2" rubber bathtub plug i got at ace hardware on a piece of stainless fish leader , holds good never falls out lasts forever

20220416_173748.jpg 20221101_184922.jpg

Reactions: Mike J

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Mendi Mohammed about 20 yrs ago.
Had a fully remote Butler.
It was mentioned in ICS an Cleanfax.
He was a money no option just do it type...
Washington D.C area if I remember correctly.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Thanks to Mikej Frankenstein's got a remote also. On my machine i chose to tie the remote controller into the wastetank high water circuit which uses the negative wire to open a relay to shut down the machine when the tank is full in order to do that the controller had to energize a micro relay to shut down the machine , i opted for a longer range remote up to 980 foot. Advantage to using this circuit vs ignition switch is if i forget and leave the remote home the machine will still run just no remote control (last picture is a video just tap it) thanks again mr mikej. Dwaino

20230224_155838.jpg 20230224_160521.jpg

Attachments

• 20230224_155453.mp4
    35.1 MB
  • Love
Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.
Now all you need is the Safe-stop by ProGard.. It’s what police cruisers use when they need to leave their vehicle running but the can take out the key.. If someone steps on the brake to put it in gear, it shuts off the vehicle and needs the key to restart it..

I may live in what some call paradise, but their is a darker side to Hawaii that isn’t televised.. Old Hawaii you could leave your windows down, key in ignition, front door open to your house and no problem.. Now, I worry what tools would be missing leaving the van doors open..

I think any PTO unit should be standard with it installed on the vehicle..

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thanks to Mikej Frankenstein's got a remote also. On my machine i chose to tie the remote controller into the wastetank high water circuit which uses the negative wire to open a relay to shut down the machine when the tank is full in order to do that the controller had to energize a micro relay to shut down the machine , i opted for a longer range remote up to 980 foot. Advantage to using this circuit vs ignition switch is if i forget and leave the remote home the machine will still run just no remote control (last picture is a video just tap it) thanks again mr mikej. Dwaino

View attachment 121194 View attachment 121195
Your machine is like the Knight Rider in our industry. Now all you need is K.i.t.t. talking to you on a wrist watch

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Now all you need is the Safe-stop by ProGard.. It’s what police cruisers use when they need to leave their vehicle running but the can take out the key.. If someone steps on the brake to put it in gear, it shuts off the vehicle and needs the key to restart it..

I may live in what some call paradise, but their is a darker side to Hawaii that isn’t televised.. Old Hawaii you could leave your windows down, key in ignition, front door open to your house and no problem.. Now, I worry what tools would be missing leaving the van doors open..

I think any PTO unit should be standard with it installed on the vehicle..

Thanks im going to look into this, although around here theft isnt really not a problem i can still park my rotary next to the van unattended and not worry about it. I lock my pickup at night but not the shell or the equipment in it. Im more interested in this for safety. I can tie this into the frankinstien master switch and not think about it. With that said hows your dad doin? How's your project going?

Reactions: Nate The Great

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Your machine is like the Knight Rider in our industry. Now all you need is K.i.t.t. talking to you on a wrist watch
My machine doesn't really have that many special features. outside of the remote start/stop it has a motorized ball valve on the wastetank so as the 4' dump hose doesn't plug with sand between uses, and when i turn on the supply pump on the waterpond 2 motorized ball valves automatically re configures the supply hose to switch from filling the machine to automatically filling the waterpond both are controlled by push buttons on the waterpond (lit blue off/red on)and of course the lighting in cabinet and overhead lighting is 12v or 110v when plugged in other than that every thing else is storage alot of custom work involed but its just storage and shelfing but as far as special technologies go thats about it

20220610_091603.jpg 20220702_165545.jpg 20220723_135953.jpg 20220723_140427.jpg 20220321_100359.jpg 20221101_190636.jpg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Im a little nervous about using it so much. Figure if I start stop 10 extra times, I hope my clutch doesn't burn out quicker. I don't want to go thru that every year...

But it is sweet.
I wouldn't worry about burning up your clutch as long as it clutches back in at idle these clutches are pretty strong, most problems I've had with them has been the magnet continuous use causes heat which burns um up and if the rub they short out but as far as the clutch goes ive only lost 1 and it was the bearing that went out

Reactions: Mike J

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray

When wiring one of these to frankinstien i took this consern into consideration , so with my wiring the machine will work manually if i leave the remote at home, but while thinking about your machine, it's a simple fix. What you can do is wire a toggle switch between the 2 positive wires on your remote controller so when the switch is in the off position the remote controller works as it does right now however if the toggle switch is turned on it will bypass the remote controller and your machine will work as it did before the remote controller was installed regardless of what buttons you push on the remote, (you can do the same thing with a jumper wire but you'd have to open the panel and install and remove it each time) anyway it's a thought i had about this consern of yours thanks again for this idea. Dwaino

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom