And so it begins...

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Picked her up this week, custom ordered with everything I thought I'd ever want and then some...
IMG_0351.JPG IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0348.JPG

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I talked at length with a guy from Prochem/Legends in St Pete.

I think he's been installing the Everest for a LONG time, 10 years or so.

There's a lot of heat to "spend" on those huge units.

I know he wouldn't recommend either, unless you are dual wanding MOST of the time....or using very high flow.

You will probably be dumping a lot of water into your dump tank, as the machine "spends" the heat when you set down your wand/Zipper.

I just want to see you get the right machine for you. Have you ever cleaned with the 570 or whatever Prochem's next step smaller is?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would be worried about getting moisture trapped between the steel floor and the plywood. I had a ford van that happened like that. I had to reinforce the floor before I sold it. I am sure it wasn't "installed" correctly. I am just thinking that spraying the liner down over the plywood might not seal correctly at any joints and edges. Ideally, if you had the money, it would make sense to treat the floor, then treat the plywood as well.

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
It will be getting rhino lined or Linexed but I also knowthe floor of the van can get pretty cold when its -10 out. I'd rather take care of it now then wish I had down the road.
I had the floor of my van linexed and then put a VanRug down.it was the best thing I could have done. It's soft so when u go in its soft on the knees and cleans up with a steam cleaning. Also seems to aid in keeping t he van warmer Durning the colder months.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I would be worried about getting moisture trapped between the steel floor and the plywood. I had a ford van that happened like that. I had to reinforce the floor before I sold it. I am sure it wasn't "installed" correctly. I am just thinking that spraying the liner down over the plywood might not seal correctly at any joints and edges. Ideally, if you had the money, it would make sense to treat the floor, then treat the plywood as well.
We normally put plywood and then coat it. A barrier between the the seats and coat 2 foot up the walls and out each door.

Never had one rust out but once they get over 100k I'm using them as trade in on something newer.

I suppose its possible but I would guess whatever little could find its way there is drying out. ???

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I'd give the xdrive a hard look but I know you're after a monster slide in. :headbang:
Ive used the 570 and even had it hooked to 400 foot of hose and it left me wanting more, thats why i'm looking at the 2 big boys. The X-drive is to knew with Pembertons being 3.5 hours away i'm worried about down time. Plus I really wanted that ecoboost engine! That this is a beast. I can smoke the tires with the van being empty.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
My original plan was to pull the factory liner and Linex it and then put the liner back down but theres a padding underneath the liner that would hold moisture so i'm not sure I want that. I was thinking marine plywood and then Linex because I was afraid the plywood would also hold moisture. But i can see having an issue if I ever get moisture trapped under the plywood. I'm planning on getting 15 years out of this van so I want to make sure I do it right.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
My original plan was to pull the factory liner and Linex it and then put the liner back down but theres a padding underneath the liner that would hold moisture so i'm not sure I want that. I was thinking marine plywood and then Linex because I was afraid the plywood would also hold moisture. But i can see having an issue if I ever get moisture trapped under the plywood. I'm planning on getting 15 years out of this van so I want to make sure I do it right.
I removed the OEM floor mat, had the floor and up the walls sprayed, laid down plywood, removed the insulation on the back of mat and reinstalled it. The mat cleans easily and keeps moisture off the plywood.

Back
Top Bottom