And don't say referrals.

Becker

Name
Becker
I was talking with a MB member last night.

We were talking about getting new work.

What one piece of marketing stands out as a heads above best tool for getting new work?

Last rodeo for me was door to door flyers.
This rodeo flyers door to door are not doing so well. ROI is pretty high on it because of the .03 per piece cost. But rate of return is low. Less than 1-100 placed. The member is also seeing a low return.
Mailed full page fliers have had the greatest return but the cost is much higher per 100.
Mailed postcards a close 2nd, cost lower but still much higher than door to door or val-pak etc.
Val-pak in most markets is over sold in the carpet cleaning cat. Here they let 4 locals in, but have to let nationally sold stuff in. So she admitted at time up to 7 in an envelope. Personally I think that is a BS way to let locally owned companies like SS CHEM DRY COIT ect in if they want. I mean is it honestly bought nationally.

My van has only been lettered for a short time and I have just about paid for it off of calls.
Free listing on my credit unions website. FREE brings work.

I have some bigger stuff hitting next week. Direct mail.

Anyways.

8 years ago for me it was door to door fliers. I still currently work for those clients.

This go around it has been mailed fliers.

What worked for you?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Still all internet...good clients and a good amount of them.
Pay a little but no leg work.

Phone book is bringing some...not bad, surprising.
But not great.

Becker

Name
Becker
Before I opened it I told myself...

He is going to say converting Mary Kay clients over to carpet cleaning clients.

I know you are selling Mary Kay to your CC clients.

I'm just glad to hear you don;t go both ways. :shock:

Ahhhhhhh

steve r

large newspaper ads did it for me. getting set to run a half page ad/article for $399. i found that only 1 newspaper was pulling in all the work so thats the only place i run ads other than the phone book.

i had people calling me almost a year later that still had the ad they just couldnt afford it till then.asked if the price was still good lol. i gave it to them.

G

Mikey P said:
What use to be flooring retailers is not greatly overshadowed by my internet presence..

Nor has anything ever been overshadowed by your command of the English language.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't know what I am doing so I will keep my mouth shut oh yeah $26000 plus in june
Seriously Becker you should listen

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
To be redundent again.

By far, dollar for dolllar my best marketing has been.

You know the answer....................

All I can say is that if you have 1 hour a month of free time and the right demographics you will make tons!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
getting the "new" clients has been a huge question for years.
Besides farming your existing client list for the referrals

Try the local papers with an add with a good offer, depending on what market you are going after.
There is a local busn directory here put out by the Lions Club. I've done 143 jobs this year.
72 from repeat
25 from referral
10 from Sooke Directory.
7 from BNI
6 from Personal Contact (actually meeting someone and giving them a card)
4 from my website
4 from local paper ad

Nothing like Mike has done. I think he cleaned more than one month than I did in 3.

klewis4

What works for me in order of best to worst (excluding referrals which would be tied for best....advertising does help with referrals...people see the ad and ask if friends have heard about us.). We've been averaging about 35 new clients every 30 days this year and a little over 50% has come from the following:

- Internet (we use Google AdWords...pay per click)

- Local Shopping Guides (there are 4 we have advertised in this year....we run an ad for about 4 weeks in a row then change it with a similar format so people can easily recognize it as ours. We ran color ones that were about 4 x 6 for about 14 weeks this year. I pay extra to have them placed on the 3rd page.)

- Post Cards (we selected 2500 prospects and have mailed to them 3 times so far this year). I like PostcardBuilder.com.

- Yellow Pages

- Other Internet (such as Google Maps, Local Business Listings on Google and Yahoo, Angie's List....ask your clients if they are members and encourage them to post reviews of your work)

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I am still trying to build this up past Bdcc, But with a limited budget I did: 10,000 pink flyers hand delivered at 150-250 per day in good neighborhoods, chamber of commerce leads and mixers, BNI for a while, any other lead oppurtunity group, Cold calling, Website, other cleaners for flood work, janitorial companies. Once I got a few clients I farmed them for referrals and sent postcards too. I have no money to spend on any yellow pages etc. just grunt marketing. Still not were I want to be but I am not giving up. :roll:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Marketing is just about forming relationships. BNI, LE Tip, civic groups, working with retailers can do that.

You can also form them with almost any large group in your area. Such as any group with a membership, Credit unions, health clubs, employees, hospitals, schools, golf courses, service groups, recreational groups, groups with similar interests or hobbies or charities.

It's easy to get in the door to these groups if you know how.

With a little searching you will be surprised at all the untapped opportunities in your area.

(For more information about how you can market to these groups check out my first website.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom