Adding inline heater to VLM equipment?

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Has anyone ever added one of these to the plumbing of a Cimex or other VLM machine? Maybe a 1000 watt model to avoid kicking breakers or melting cords.

Probably unnecessary, but 140-160f cleaning solution would be helpful on greasy stuff assuming the encap polymers don’t do something weird at higher temps.

45EC55BF-27AE-4B4A-86AD-E6A0E92A6A95.png

Name
Jeff T
Why not just fill on site from the janitors closet, or in the case of a restaurant, from the large deep kitchen sink, if you are looking for HOT H2O?

A 1000 watt heater wouldn’t keep up with demand.

It takes an ENORMOUS amount of electricity to heat the water.

Only mix one or 2 @a time, and put a bath towel over the opening of the tank on the Cimex to help insulate…

Adding an inline heater will only complicate the issue of running cords…

And besides, a guy would have to find separate circuits, usually at opposite ends of a room etc.

I’m the master of over complicated BS, and even I don’t think this would work…

This is what we use, and will fill 2-5 @ a time.

They stay HOT for 2-3 hrs…IMG_3875.png

Just my 2 bits.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I’ve spent a lot of time with the concept of Sinner’s Circle (not a coven of the damned....but the explanation that Herbert Sinner used in his work in the laundry industry in 1959). Our industry knows it as “TACT” or “CHAT”. In any event, the “H” or “T” that stands for Heat or Temperature (depending on which term you use) is sometimes overestimated.

In the case of VLM, agitation (“A”) and chemical (“C”) are the most useful of the four available factors, thus why OP machines have jumped to the forefront with VLM. Heat can help of course, but I don’t know if the engineering and energy demands involved can help enough to justify the expense and inconvenience.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I usually use the hot tap water on site combined with a bucket heater dropped in the Cimex when heat is needed.

But… I often have trouble leaving well enough alone. I was thinking that since the Cimex and Phoenix use such little water flow that a lower wattage in line heater from a portable would have no trouble keeping temps up. And since the amp draw seems pretty low on just one motor spinning there would be plenty of amps left for the heater.

I should have an old, working heater from an old Ninja laying around here or at the shop. I might put something together, just to see what happens.

Name
Nate W.
I've had the same intensions to add a bucket heater to a cimix, but the boiling bucket water is enough for me.. I do however use 2 heaters in 1 bucket to speed up the hot water.. Also if you use the pancake style bucket heater, it'll heat the water with less water than the standard bucket heater..

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Electra-SafeHete-All-Purpose-Portable-Insulated/dp/B000R051DE/ref=sr_1_60?crid=2TB6IOGNDBA78&keywords=bucket+heater&qid=1688620085&sprefix=bucket+heate%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-60

Reactions: AlienAgent

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I do a lot of 4-6 hour jobs with my Phoenix. I premix all my chemistry is as many 2.5 gallon jugs as I need for the job in the morning. For extra heavy soiling, I bring some tops spotter or other in a battery powered sprayer. I am fast and productive. My clients rave about my work. Just had a client tell me I have the job for life in a condo building. Heat would just complicate things.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This

TOPSSPOT is the ultimate prespray for OP work
I just did a 19 story building that they warned me in advance that it was more heavily soiled than usual. I normally just carry a trigger spray with tops spot in it. This time I brought a 2 gallon battery sprayer and needed all of it. Used about a 8-1 dilution. Hit all the bad spots first then went over it with Saiger's Code Red of encaps with the Phoenix. Came out beautiful.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
When using VLM and pads you must be aware of HBTP .
Heat Beneath The Pad. The temps can sometimes reach 210 degrees so no need for any heaters.

Reactions: randy and Mikey P

roro

Name
Ross Craig

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
When using VLM and pads you must be aware of HBTP .
Heat Beneath The Pad. The temps can sometimes reach 210 degrees so no need for any heaters.
I know there’s plenty of heat from the friction, but 200f+ is HOT!

Does it really get that hot under there?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I remember those dry fusion from many years ago
And just like that CRB brush machine with a steam attachment , not available over here. Duplex?

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Swani
I do a lot of 4-6 hour jobs with my Phoenix. I premix all my chemistry is as many 2.5 gallon jugs as I need for the job in the morning. For extra heavy soiling, I bring some tops spotter or other in a battery powered sprayer. I am fast and productive. My clients rave about my work. Just had a client tell me I have the job for life in a condo building. Heat would just complicate things.
Do you dilute your Tops Spot?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom