Accelerated Atlanta gathering... Aug. 28 - 30

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Well, I don't see any indication of SummerFest announced for this year. And a lot of people who would like to go to Connections in September, won't, for various reasons, mostly geographical, I think. So, we'll do something at our place Friday, August 28th and Saturday the 29th. (That's a week before Connections, so perhaps some people attending Connections can still do both.)

My old company, Advanced Cleaning Systems, Inc., did a similar event in August of 2000 at our place in Marietta. We named it, "Show and Tell". (You can look it up on the ICS board.) And it turned out to be pretty cool. About 50 people showed up from all across the country. So, this isn't something I haven't done before.

First thing on the menu, is.. the menu.

Friday night, at 7:00, at my friend's restaurant, the Marietta Fish Market, we'll have a get- together. This restaurant isn't just another fried food place. Jerry Tillem, my friend, is a helluva gourmet chef in his own right. He and his business partner, Gus, own the place, along with Cherokee Cattle Company (a steak house), Marietta Diner (eclectic menu), and Pasta Bella (similar to Marietta Diner, with more of an Italian emphasis.). (Marietta Diner was recently featured on the Food Network show, "Diners, Drive- In's and Dives".) And he's a stickler for prompt, efficient, satisfaction guaranteed service. No questions asked. The food is simply awesome. When he was building the place, I asked him how it would compare to a Red Lobster and he got all insulted. Now I know why. Their web site is:
http://www.mariettafishmarket.net/

I need an accurate idea of who can make the Friday dinner at the Fish market. They have a 45 minute to an hour waiting list on Fridays and seating is a big deal there. I spoke with Jerry about it today and he said that they'd hold whatever we need, but it needs to be accurate... and on time.

Now, I'm not saying that we should meet there. I expect people will be coming in during the day Friday or possibly even Thursday, and will stop by Accelerated to visit and kill some time. (If you come by early enough for lunch Friday, we'll go to one of the best barbeque restaurants you'll ever visit: Jim and Nick's.)

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/9/124813...Bar-B-Q-Smyrna

Anyway, as things are now,Saturday will be the main event. It's looking more and more like we'll be starting around 10:00 to 11:00 A.M. That time is flexible. We'll play it by ear and see what happens. Bring your own rig to show off if you live close enough. And we'll have other systems there from local people as well. We'll compare notes, put systems through their paces and set up some detailed testing for airflow, heat and pressure evaluations.

We'll be grilling burgers, bratwursts and hot dogs for lunch Saturday.

Speaking of testing and evaluations... The idea here is to educate people as to what's really going on, so that they'll actually understand their own systems. In setting up detailed tests that isolate variables, we'll know precisely what's happening to get the results we see. I have no agenda here, by the way. I don't sell glides, push large- diameter hose or parallel hose runs. It's a personal area of preferences for most people and I think that the customer should make up their own mind. But it is necessary to be "educated", so that you know with certainty what you're working with and what you're talking about. So one theme of this will be "education".

At the same time, we'll have on hand an oil- fired Dominator 3047 system I'm building for a guy, that will be plumbed in 2.5" hose, connected to an UltraFlow filter with (2) 2" wand ports. The filter introduces no measurable airflow restriction, so it will be ideal for evaluating parallel hookups and single 2" hose hookups as well.

The driveway to our place is pretty long. I haven't measured it, but I was looking today and it's at least 200 feet. So, that gives us the advantage of being able to do a straight hose run and eliminate the influence of coiled hoses from the evals we do.

And, "Yes.", results will be published immediately.

And as things are shaping up, it's looking like we'll be having a carpet repair workshop and a tile and grout cleaning workshop going on as well. (We may wind up doing these Friday. If Saturday seems like it's getting "too busy", I'll look into that possibility.)

There will also be a propane system, probably a Predator Unleashed, as well as an Xcel 2036 heat exchange system, or possibly a Nemesis 2545. So there will be a variety of heat systems to check out and compare, in addition to whatever else happens.

There will be door prizes as well, but I'm still working on that part.

Saturday night, it's Dave and Buster's. In case that doesn't mean anything to you, it's like a huge indoor entertainment complex, complete with dinner theater, bars, pool tables, restaurants and video arcades.

http://www.daveandbusters.com/

And it's right next door to the LaQuinta and the Comfort Inn that we're recommending people stay at. (They basically share the same driveway. So you can walk, if you're so inclined. It's safer than drinking and driving for everyone.) I still have to contact them to see if we can get room specials for that weekend.

Sunday morning, there's breakfast at the Cracker Barrel, which is in the front yard of the LaQuinta.

Although, "more will be revealed", and I have most of this all worked out for you guys, at the same time, I need your input and suggestions. (Hey, I'm not perfect. And the idea here is to make this something of benefit to every one. So, if you think something is missing, by all means, let me know. E-mail me about it, or PM me.)

P.S.

I was just reading on ICS the details of the event we did in 2001. It was in June, actually. And people were concerned about things being "too educational" back then. We added some things to shift that, and the event turned out to be a seriously great time for everyone.

http://i-boards.com/ics/messages.asp...D=18716#178784

http://i-boards.com/ics/messages.asp...D=19256#183496

http://i-boards.com/ics/messages.asp...D=20913#198645

Keeping that in mind, I'll make sure that this one is in the same vein- not so focused on education that nothing is enjoyable.

I hate it when I plan a vacation and pack it in with things to do, so that when I get back, I feel like I need a "vacation from my vacation". And I'll keep that in mind as things progress and work to keep things from getting too, "busy" to enjoy.

All you need to do is show up and be ready for the fun...

And RSVP.

Thanks,

Duane
http://acceleratedtruckmounts.com/

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Fred:

I haven't built one in a while now. They're custom- ordered / custom built.

If I was to build one now, it would have a Kohler 40 HP Command Pro and two Roots 36 blowers. It would perform even better than the one you read about, in terms of airflow, with about 290 CFM per wand, and thew ability to combine the flow together for single- wand use.

Price would be in the range of $20,000 to $22,000, for the complete system, with 4 reels (1 vacuum, 2 pressure, 1 water supply), two wands, dual- chambered 120 gal. recovery tank and 300 feet of hose.

350,000 BTU... Your choice of propane or oil- fired.

I can get more specific if that range is in your budget. P.M. me if it is and we'll arrange a time to talk.
(I'd like to keep this thread about the event. Thank you for your interest.)

Thanks,

Duane

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Steve:

Our place is in Smyrna, a suburb of north west Atlanta.

The LaQuinta and Comfort Inn are in Marietta, near the intersection of Delk Rd. and I-75, about 5 minutes from Smyrna.

Details after I meet with their people tomorrow.

Thanks,

Duane

The Preacher

FCC said:
I'll stop buy if Mary Kay comes just to kick him in the nads.......If he can sneak his wife's purse out. It would just be a drop in though not the menufest.

Been wanting to check out your place but can't seem to find the time ( I do appreciate the sample offer though) ........sadly it isn't because I'm too busy cleaning carpet.

Brian, better get one of these if yore gonna show!!! 8)

http://www.nuttybuddy.com/

The Preacher

admiralclean said:
Damn Taco ... you should be smart enough to know that he's going to be there if I am.

Idiot ...

butt i'm not staying down at the Downtown Underground queer hotel like you are!!! :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
I'll stop buy if Mary Kay comes just to kick him in the nads.......If he can sneak his wife's purse out. It would just be a drop in though not the menufest.

Been wanting to check out your place but can't seem to find the time ( I do appreciate the sample offer though) ........sadly it isn't because I'm too busy cleaning carpet.

I was planning on going to the are with the wifey near the beginning of the year anyway.
I will try to make it but I have 3 other trips this year...and one is in August.
Wouldn't mind meeting you degenerates but if I am with the wifey, you will have to be on your best behavior.

Fred.....Be gentle.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
13-hour trip from Topeka to Hotlanta.

I'll have to think about it, Marty and Danny in the same place. Someone better bring a hose......water hose! :wink:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rctpks said:
13-hour trip from Topeka to Hotlanta.

I'll have to think about it, Marty and Danny in the same place. Someone better bring a hose......water hose! :wink:

Buy a plane ticket you cheap mofo.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh, I didn't know you were talking about that. :shock: :roll:
I'm a lover, not a fighter. :mrgreen:

The Preacher

Gordeto, get Brumett to split the drive with you then it will only be 6.5hrs behind the wheel.

DooDaddy puts a good Fest together. he might even be able to get a UFO to do some fly by's!!! :p

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just don't get too excited I'm not getting into a sweat tent with ya, that's Marty's job! :p

Just kidding Brian, I'm too old to kick your ass.......well, maybe not yours!!! :wink:

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Brian...

There will be several local guys here. You may find someone in the group that is interested in your offer.

Duane

Back
Top Bottom