win some , lose some..

Mikey P

Administrator

Mikey P

Administrator
Could be, would you recommend I take the Jeff Cross route or the Evan Kessler approach?

btw, Which advertisers do you see me pandering to currently?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's unfortunate, John is such a good guy. Even keeled too, doesn't let the critics get to him, at least here on the board.

He listens to the guys and adapts and makes changes that have improved his products.

Hopefully he returns in time.

Doesn't Sapphire own the board.....or is it Judson? :icon_razz:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't misunderstand me, skippy. The more advertisers you get, them more occurances of the kind you just experienced with John will occur. The mass of whiney advertisers will reach critical mass at some point and you may have a problem on your hands. They don't give you their money with the expectation of having to contend with the old crowd here. It's going to be super hard not to turn into another ***.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll have to send you a copy if the contract Marty.

It makes It perfectly clear that YOU are here.

I dint get the *** reference as they have far fewer advertisers.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, much fewer advertisers, but if you say anything against what they sell, Rob will pounce. Why do you think he ran Jim Martin off?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have purchased a number of products and used suppliers from this board due to conversations (threads) discussed here. All had positive and negitive reviews or opinions but I made up my own mind and lived by it.
Sorry Mytee is not here and able to pitch in when there product is discussed. To manufactures and vendors I use this board almost daily because I enjoy it. I may look at a publication every other month or not. I would like to see you here on threads supporting and talking about products. Advertising is your call, but I use information from this board as much or more when I make a purchase or try a new product.

David Mirfin

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Is it in your contract how many times you must push your advertisers products too?

It isn't like we can't see that either.

A fine line indeed before you truly sell out.

All for a vaction home in Costa Rica.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm sitting here scrubbing my stack of underwear with a toothbrush to get out some of those shit stains my wife can't seem to get out sir!

All the while watching football...I call it multitasking.

CS!

Name
John LaBarbera
Prochem, Master Rug Cleaner, Pro's Choice, Ground Floor, Carpet Maintenance Supply, Chemspec, Speedy Sweep and a couple of others in the works, are all jumping on as advertisers, hopefully participating advertisers...

will they make up for the fact that Mytee has chosen to bail out...

Time will tell...

I'm sad to see John bail based on misconceptions of who owns this forum.

I hope he comes back when he realizes he was wrong as he was a great family member here..

Just to clarify Mike's distortions

I did ask on one thread who owned the board. I also replied that I was glad you stil owned it. That is not why I'm not an advertiser anymore. On another thread , your "Nameless" thread, that even Mr. Pig Head knew who you were talking about, said that I asked you to censor Jim Martin's comments about My Trex. Frankly, this is not true and you know it. I asked you on that thread yes or no, did I ask you to censor his comments? You chose to ignore my question. Ok. You don't seem to mind putting someone in a bad light and walking away from the issue. I guess it is the "stir the pot" mentality just to get ratings. Personally I find it offensive that you first of all would post such an untruth and when it's brought to your attention you just ignore it.

I stated this before and I'll state it again. I have a respect for Jim Martins comments. They do care weight. I may not appreciate or agree with them. I may even think they were biased. Stating that is not tantamount to asking you to censor his remarks. His comment only caused me to rethink my time frame for auctioning the Trex on the board. Period.

I had asked you to suspend my ad in July after the last auction as I was going into a very financially tight period. In your text to me last week you said because I didn't do it in writing you ignored it. Ok. I sent you a check for the $1,100.00 yesterday like I said I would. Nathan got your invoice after we wrote the check. Not only did your math not add up but you shorted yourself $50.00 to boot. You will need to up your invoice by $50.00 or they won't balance. I will also send you a check for $60.00 as the yearly donation for the board. I'll still participate. I'm not angry. By not advertising, now if you say I asked you to censor anyone it will be meaningless.

This is all there is to it. The long and the short of it.

Name
John LaBarbera
Don't misunderstand me, skippy. The more advertisers you get, them more occurances of the kind you just experienced with John will occur. The mass of whiney advertisers will reach critical mass at some point and you may have a problem on your hands. They don't give you their money with the expectation of having to contend with the old crowd here. It's going to be super hard not to turn into another ***.

See, Mikey. Here's an example of how your comments can affect some.

Mr Hog, it would be nice if just once you knew what you were talking about. Why don't you have Petunia proof read your slop before you post. It would give the rest of us a break.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
My best guess is john is in business to make a profit and as soon as he is confident he can turn this investment, he will be back.

F

FB7777

No one pays attention to pigslops opinion

Bulletin board armchair quarterback that wouldn't be capable enough to build a board as lame as Nello's was

John,

While a few 24/7 lame ass losers that follow all the inside shit around here may have figured out Mike was asking publicly something that happened between you and him, it was YOU that made it public.

I was surprised it was you, considering that Mytee is seen extremely positively for the most part on Mikeysboard.

Jim Martin seems like a decent guy on here, but personally I don't see him as some kind of guru that carries anymore weight of opinion than anybody

He's just another long time broke dick that will eventually close his doors, sell his biz for nothing and/or die at the wand

I'm certain most of your wares get palleted to janitorial distributors across the country and you sell less than 5% of your stuff to Internet goobers

hogjowl

Idiot™
See, Mikey. Here's an example of how your comments can affect some.

Mr Hog, it would be nice if just once you knew what you were talking about. Why don't you have Petunia proof read your slop before you post. It would give the rest of us a break.

I looked again, and knowing what you are talking about is STILL not a requirement to post on this board.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
[QUOTE
Jim Martin seems like a decent guy on here, but personally I don't see him as some kind of guru that carries anymore weight of opinion than anybody

He's just another long time broke dick that will eventually close his doors, sell his biz for nothing and/or die at the wand

[/QUOTE]

Thank you....because it is true....I am no different then anyone....

as far as my post being biased...far from it....I would of said the same thing about the Hoss.....I don't hold back about the 360i or anything else...

Reactions: Willy P
Name
John LaBarbera
[QUOTE

Thank you....because it is true....I am no different then anyone....

as far as my post being biased...far from it....I would of said the same thing about the Hoss.....I don't hold back about the 360i or anything else...[/QUOTE]

THIS DIDN'T SEPARATE LIKE I EXPECTED. SO HERE IS THE BREAK.

I agree too. I think you're a decent guy. I even said from the beginning that this was not about you. However, for the record I had to look this up to check my memory.

"were not "impartial "......were honest....we see what we see and share our thoughts on it....in hopes that some people will stop thinking that CC are dumber then a box of rocks and make changes that can help us........The top says "Mike's board " ....not " Mikes Bakery ".....were not here to sugar coat everything.........."

These were your words, Jim. "not impartial" comes across as biased to me, Webster agrees with me. That's not the point anyway. I've endured people not liking my products, I'm a big boy, I can live with that. My issue rest with the the statement that I asked for you to be censored. That is total BS and Mikey knows it. In fact, I think most here know that that wasn't true from the beginning. That statement can't stand. The only way around it (short of a retraction, which we know is not going to come) is to not advertise than it can't be said again.

Now I'm in the same boat as the rest of you guys, I'll pay my 60 bucks and he can accuse some other advertiser of attempted censorship. Maybe they will have more of a sense of humor about it when it's said about them.

I don't know how many times or ways that I can say it. Let me put it this way. I'll stand by my word. If I say something wrong I will correct it. You can quote me anytime you like. But I do not like being misquoted. Who of you would like it?

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bias is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives. Anything biased generally is one-sided, and therefore lacks a neutral point of view.

I'm not one sided...and I don't play favorites...But I was not in anyway trying to put down your machine......I just observed a few things and pointed them out as to what I thought...same as I have done with others......

I will how ever in the future keep my mouth shut about things...where products are concerned...I don't want to feel that this all started because of me...I hate to see you leave here...I think that this board has supported you and your products for quite some time...and you have really been the only one who has ever listened to us.....

I know the "Box of Rocks" comment was digging at you...I have noticed you tossed it out there now and then....don't take it personal...it is just one of my pet peeves that gets to me...ever since I started in this industry we as carpet cleaners have been on the food chain right above taxi drivers......I am not saying that you think we are all stupid...but I think you can understand where I am coming from......

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
John let me tell you the brutal truth here.

Mikey will throw anybody under the bus.....unless he "Thinks" YOU are higher up on the TREE than he is.

Mikey is a classic case of a NARCISSIST and that's how you have to understand him.

It's all about him....NOT you at anytime.

He has his "Flying Monkeys" who I suspect FEAR him more than admire him and that's okay.

John I'd like to see you hang around here but never count on a NARCISIST for a true friend or business associate.

Reactions: John LaBarbera

hogjowl

Idiot™
And John, you are the first person who has had his word intentionally misunderstood and misrepresented by Mikey. Here's the thing you need to understand if you are going to hang out around here. You don't let yourself come to believe you are Mikey's friend. Anything you tell him, no matter how much you think you can trust him, will be used against you if it will make him feel better, look better or advance his needs at that particular moment. That's just the way it is.

Reactions: John LaBarbera

Mikey P

Administrator
Make no mistake, I will eat you up and shit you out all to pay off my Costa Rican condo.

John what sort of return have you seen in your twenty plus thousand dollar investments in Connections each year?

How many die hard passionate cleaners came by your booth?
How much time did you get to spend with them?

For two to three hundred a month in product this place is an outright bargain when it comes to advertising to his industry and YOU are smart enough to know that. So, what is the real reason you want out?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm sitting here scrubbing my stack of underwear with a toothbrush to get out some of those shit stains my wife can't seem to get out sir!

All the while watching football...I call it multitasking.

CS!
Yea but who's toothbrush? Better make sure you have different colors or you'll have funny breath.......like you did when we went to lunch.

Name
John LaBarbera
Bias is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives. Anything biased generally is one-sided, and therefore lacks a neutral point of view.

I'm not one sided...and I don't play favorites...But I was not in anyway trying to put down your machine......I just observed a few things and pointed them out as to what I thought...same as I have done with others......

I will how ever in the future keep my mouth shut about things...where products are concerned...I don't want to feel that this all started because of me...I hate to see you leave here...I think that this board has supported you and your products for quite some time...and you have really been the only one who has ever listened to us.....

I know the "Box of Rocks" comment was digging at you...I have noticed you tossed it out there now and then....don't take it personal...it is just one of my pet peeves that gets to me...ever since I started in this industry we as carpet cleaners have been on the food chain right above taxi drivers......I am not saying that you think we are all stupid...but I think you can understand where I am coming from......

I did not ask you to be censored nor am I asking you to censor yourself either. I certainly did not agree with your comments on the Trex, but I respect what you had to say. The fact is this drama had nothing to do with whether you liked it or not. Though I would prefer you liked it, I can live with your estimation of it. The market is a lot bigger than you or me. I wanted others to be in a position to be able to speak to the quality and performance of the Trex. That would, I believe offset any negative press. I simply was not ready to put the Trex on the market at that time and so started the bruhaha.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think in all fairness stating what may be a potential problem but qualifing not knowing based on never trying the product is a decent line.

Maybe Mike should say he is sorry if twisted John's words and the regardless the value of advertising how we treat others matters.

If John feels slighted then thats where the attention needs to be. Why do they call it ASSUME?

Personaly I wouldnt take anyone's oppinion as gospel if they didnt have hands on. Its like me saying I ran a rx20 a drymaster and a 175 so I feel the 360i suck because X. Thats an oppinion based on ignorance not truth. Now if I ran one for a week and came to that conclusion fine.

And if John wants people who comment about his product who have tried it then thats a valid point.

A. He's buying advertismet and supporting the board

B. He's investing on helping carpet cleaners out taking risks only asking for a fair shake test it and see then judge.

simple stuff and regardless if he waste money some place else makes no difference.

PS and if You just got raped buying a hoss enjoy it! You dont need to buy the next thing, and justify why not. Until Mikeys on board and its dejour!

allaboard for the mikeydejour!

John I would publicly like to say sorry for Mike. I hope You are blessed and continue to do well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom