What's your phone OS?

Connor

Name
Connor
What kind of phone do you use in your business?

Are they functional business tools or just fancy eye candy for playing games?

I use a BlackBerry Bold 9650. Emails, text, send invoices process credit cards with intuit. I also pair it with a BlackBerry PlayBook through BlackBerry Bridge with no additional data plan fees. BlackBerry's push email is almost instant while my wife's iphone 4s email seems to take up to a few minutes longer.

The guy at the Verizon store was trying to push android on me recently, but he couldn't give me one good reason to switch other than "cool apps and games" I really like my qwerty keyboard and can't type well on an all touchscreen device. Anything I am missing?

I get a new phone in May and will probably get the BlackBerry Bold 9930 that has the qwerty keyboard and touchscreen (no it's not a slider ) unless there is a better suggestion.

I wish quickbooks made an app for BlackBerry that could let you enter information on your phone and then sync from the phone to your computer

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have a qwerty keyboard on my anroid and samsung has one with a built in pen.. I could never go back to blackberry. Android is much better.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
android...yeah there is a bit of a learning curve.....

BUT way more positives vs negatives

FredC

Village Idiot
Android....HTC vivid

Still prefer my blackberry pearl as a phone.......but it can't do the things I need..but it was much more durable.....typing on a shattered screen now :( waiting for a new digitizer to get here

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

S

sam miller

Iphone Damn I likes my smart phone my wife has a droid pro with qwerty not a fan probably if I sat down and used the iPHONE is for dummy's

S

sam miller

Fav app turbo scan for business write estimates scan and email pdf so easy. Fax this :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Android
Galaxy S II

I used to have a Blackberry....The biggest positive was the instant emails...Which worked great when I was on Service Master...Then Service Master started to suck.

The Android has things like Square up for credit cards, Navigation, Chase Bank, Service Monster APP

It's not all toys and games but I can listen to all my music if I want, record stuff, take great photos and videos etc.

The new touch screen keyboards are so damn accurate and user friendly I think you might be surprised.

It's a huuuuuge step up from my HTC...Whatever it was called years ago. That thing didn't work well at all.

The large screen, the light weight, the googling and Mikey's Boarding etc etc etc.

I could probably list a 100 things that make it worth it.

Bar code scanner for prices, flash light that I use more than I thought I ever would, Facebook and facebook messenger, voicemail I can see and hear, Gmail, Calendar, calculator, Photo gallery, Football updates, ACN2Go app, Weather, Really cool texting features, Vi-Net for Visalus payment updates,

I can even skype on my phone now and see your ugly mug if I want.

Godaddy
Joke of the day
Inspirational quotes
How to unplug a toilet instead of calling a pricey plumber. :mrgreen:
Radio
Files
Time and Date. lol

Tons of stuff... I'm sure you could find something you can't live without. !gotcha! !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
No offense bro, but your hesitation to change explains why you have such a problem with new ways to do business... And new types of business.

Maybe you're just old school....and maybe you're happy there...Which is fine.

But if you want to go anywhere else you have to be willing to go somewhere else.

FredC

Village Idiot
:roll:

If I was a plumber....I wouldn't have much reason to have my "fancy" phone.............

and the blackberry does most of the things you listed

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I should have posted that I haven't kept up on the Blackberry......I would imagine they're keeping up with the times.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
No offense bro, but your hesitation to change explains why you have such a problem with new ways to do business... And new types of business.

Maybe you're just old school....and maybe you're happy there...Which is fine.

But if you want to go anywhere else you have to be willing to go somewhere else.

You talkin' to me, bro? Surely you can't be talking to me, because those insinuations would be totally incorrect if you were talking to me. If I were afraid to change, I would not have asked.

I hope you don't think that my rejection of your pyramid scheme is a rejection of "new ways" to do business because I honestly gotta say that I avoid shit eaters and schemers when it comes to commerce.

I suspect my contentment may run opposite to your "anything for a buck" ideals. Like Zig said, don't sell anything you don't believe in, or something like that.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Bian it sounds like Connor has changed with every new Gen of bb. Just cause he may not want/need all the faggy stuff you want doesn't mean he isn't growing and evolving. Iseeru

Connor

Name
Connor
FredC said:
:roll:

If I was a plumber....I wouldn't have much reason to have my "fancy" phone.............

and the blackberry does most of the things you listed

Exactly, I've no problems with it. My Bold 9650 is a 2009/2010 model phone that I've been using since 2010 and it's getting time for an upgrade. I just had an insurance replacement on this device, so it's a new phone, but I'm ready for the next thing.

What's being a plumber have to do with it? it's not like I use it to lay pipe, but I do use it run my business. I like features, but I'd not sacrifice a solid communication device for a fart app or angry birds. The office stuff like Documents to Go, GPS and other stuff is what's really important to me. If I want to goof off, I'll use my laptop or tablet.

FredC

Village Idiot
If I was a plumber....owner or not.....I would not need the expanded capability. Most any phone these days will run basic business related apps. It wasn't meant as derogatory.

I "upgraded" from an old pearl because it can't do the things I need to do . Doesn't sound like you are having that problem.

nsidla

Dealing with emails all day I really have to say I love my blackberry bold, seems so much more effortless to deal with emails coming from several different accounts than on anything else I've ever had. I haven't experienced the iphone yet but I've heard it's a bit harder to deal with multiples emails on. Also my blackberry has been by far the most reliable/consistent phone I've owned, even though I know lots have complaints with blackberry, I've never had too many. Also generally way cheaper than iphone's, especially the new one's with a dual-core processor...I'll settle for being unable to talk to my phone for good email functionality.

Connor

Name
Connor
nsidla said:
Dealing with emails all day I really have to say I love my blackberry bold, seems so much more effortless to deal with emails coming from several different accounts than on anything else I've ever had. I haven't experienced the iphone yet but I've heard it's a bit harder to deal with multiples emails on. Also my blackberry has been by far the most reliable/consistent phone I've owned, even though I know lots have complaints with blackberry, I've never had too many. Also generally way cheaper than iphone's, especially the new one's with a dual-core processor...I'll settle for being unable to talk to my phone for good email functionality.

I've never seen the iphone to be more expensive than an BB. On contract they are the same amount. Are the Iphones dual core now, i didn't think they were.

nsidla

Connor said:
I've never seen the iphone to be more expensive than an BB. On contract they are the same amount. Are the Iphones dual core now, i didn't think they were.

Yeah the new A5 chip, check it out in the features...crazy how small they can get the processing power: http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

Unfortunately I kinda feel like by the time you're looking to spend/purchase something with a multi-core processor you might as well just buy an inexpensive laptop/desktop. It is pretty amazing though.

As far as prices I know that tech support for the BB or Android is more expensive than iphone...the contracts/plans might be cheaper but I think for base price and for just the product itself iphone is still more expensive. They were pretty comparable until apple launched the couple newest ones I believe. When I purchased this BB a year ago I remember looking at iphones and besides the price being way more than my bold I also already have a first gen ipod touch. I can't speak for every plan/every major phone company though.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
This summer, the androids have some QUAD cores coming out...a fooking quad core in a phone...lol

mine is a dual 1.5 i think

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know where you can get them from the major carriers at wholesale prices, no tax and no mail in rebates. !gotcha!

Here

shiteatinggrin

Foster in 10....9....8....7....

nsidla

floorguy said:
This summer, the androids have some QUAD cores coming out...a fooking quad core in a phone...lol

Haha...seriously

nsidla

floorguy said:
nsidla said:
floorguy said:

Haha...seriously

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3685

http://www.phonearena.com/news/MWC-2012 ... on_id27321

Awesome articles, still blows my mind how good companies are getting at being able to effectively process/synchronize information with multiple cores...and now shrinking down to mobile devices. Simply amazing.

a friend of mine sent me this link, AMD FX series putting out 4,6, and 8 core processors...FAST

http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/processors/pages/fx-processor.aspx

haven't read much on reviews but being AMD I'm sure they work well...

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
glad i switched from iOs to Android. the Samsung Galaxy Note is a great work phone...better than the iP was for me. once u go to a 5.3" HD screen you can't go back to an iP HD 3.5" screen...or anything smaller for that matter, not just iP.

nsidla

Derek said:
glad i switched from iOs to Android. the Samsung Galaxy Note is a great work phone...better than the iP was for me. once u go to a 5.3" HD screen you can't go back to an iP HD 3.5" screen...or anything smaller for that matter, not just iP.

Know a couple of people with that phone and they all love it, almost know complaints...definitely doesn't have the buzz word of being a "blackberry", "iphone" or "android",so I think in a way that makes me less likely to pick one up as my next phone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom