whats your overhead/cost for each home?

PARAMOUNT

my cost to clean an average size middle class home --- 3br, hallway, stairs, living rm/front rm, dining room and one sofa and couch costs approx. 22.00. this includes all the expenses to run a business. they are marketing, fuel, chemicals, ins for business and vehicle and taxes. what is your guys overall costs per job?.

Bob Foster

Mike care to break this down that down....

Now add:
vehicle insurance
telephone and communication expense
permits and licenses
training and conventions
liability insurance
advertising
depreciation
maintenance cost of truck
maintenance of equipment
legal and accounting
rent

Bryan Irvin

Hey Paramount, in your "costs to run a business" analysis above, you forgot a few things, but especially something thats pretty important...your salary dude! Profit is whats left over after ALL the bills are paid, that means signing paychecks too, even if its only yours. Stick around here for a while, make friends, learn things, and you can start charging enough so that you and your business will thrive!

B

Fon Johnson

If 22 bucks is all costs including taxes we don't have to straighten him out. The IRS will do a nice job of that soon enough.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Fon Johnson said:
If 22 bucks is all costs including taxes we don't have to straighten him out. The IRS will do a nice job of that soon enough.

That's what I was thinking. Unless he's below poverty level and doesn't owe any taxes.

Bob Foster

Either this guy is really in need of some TLC from us or he reminds me of that ChemDry guy that got everyone all riled up a while back.

Rex Tyus

You have to show a net profit to owe income tax. He won't have that problem at his current rates. The only thing taxed on gross is sales tax. My state doesn't tax carpet cleaning. Even social security for a sole proprietor is based on net profit. So he is probably OK on the tax thing.

TimP

You do have to pay tax as employer and employee on a paycheck. Or is he just putting it in his account and avoiding paying income tax?

TimP

You still have to pay it in the end on your income tax in the end of the year. No way of getting around it. I choose to do a paycheck and pay it in monthly.

Rex Tyus

You are not hearing me dude. If you don't have a net profit you won't owe any income tax. Period. He could even qualify for earned income tax credit and get money from them.

TimP

I see what you mean. However not getting set up as a legitimate business is not too bright in my opinion. You don't have any protection between you and the customer. I'd much rather the business get sued than me personally. But hey I guess what ever floats your boat.

1tigers

It doesn't matter if you take a pay check or not.the only way to shield your personal property is to have a s-corp. Sole proprietor,partnerships offer no shield . LLP's and LLC,s can offer some limited layering.

Greg Loe

Self-employment tax is social security tax and Medicare tax for persons who work for themselves. Generally, taxpayers must file Schedule SE if they have either net earnings from self-employment of $400 or more, other than church employee income, or Church employee income of $108.28 or more.

TimP

1tigers said:
It doesn't matter if you take a pay check or not.the only way to shield your personal property is to have a s-corp. Sole proprietor,partnerships offer no shield . LLP's and LLC,s can offer some limited layering.

That's why I'm set up as an S corp. Even though there is something in place to protect even as an S corp I don't still believe I'm 100% protected.

Scott

Fon Johnson said:
OH trust me, he won't avoid paying tax.. :shock:

Tax Avoidance = smart and legal

Tax Evasion = dumb and illegal

There's quite a big difference.

Scott

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Scott said:
Fon Johnson said:
OH trust me, he won't avoid paying tax.. :shock:

Tax Avoidance = smart and legal

Tax Evasion = dumb and illegal

There's quite a big difference.

Scott

Scott, You can make $50,000.00 if you can show the federal law requiring citizens to pay income tax. There's a very interesting movie by movie director Mike Russo

"From Freedom to Fascism" by Russo.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video...rom+Freedom+to+Fascism+by+Russo.&fr=yfp-t-501

Scott

Yeah, I'm familiar with the anti-tax movement. I don't disagree with them it's just that I'd rather play by the implied rules until the IRS is abolished. (which will probably be never, but that's a different thread)

Scott

Greenie

"some limited layering."

You are never really protected, many have successfully penetrated the Corp. veil, they always look for the Principle, the guy with a social security number.

I'm with Scooter, many innocents in jail over the income tax deal, just cause it ain't legal doesn't mean I want to be a martyr.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom