What will it take to make you happy?

F

FB7777

and have you achieved it yet?

I have a decent business, its more than I envisioned when I started out.

I am able to save for retirement and have a solid financial plan in place thanks to outside advice.

Owning a business can be a 24/7 proposition and the payoff should be commensurate with that investment.

Everyone has a business plan right? Everyone writes down their yearly financial goals in December for the following year right?

Or is everyone just trying to have the baddest hottest TM out there to clean those rat nasty homes for $99?

What is your biggest challenge for the coming year and what specific actions are you implementing to accomplish the goal?

I am increasing my residential price by 5 cents per square foot

To counteract the loss of business from possible price resistance, I am stepping up my marketing effort... I currently mail 2 postcards to my customer base per year. One reminder card and one 6 months out from that date.

The economy is tough right now, housing fuel etc. I consider my plan to be both achievable and necessary to achieve my long term goals for my company.

I am finding that it is essential to put your plans to paper... regardless of how aggressive they may seem.

In years past, I have considered price increases and actually talked myself OUT of raising my prices... talk about the ultimate price objection
:shock:

The New years coming ... whats everyone doing in 2008?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Having a business like yours would make me happy. I have not achieved it yet.
My retirement is basically all set. My kids education is paid for.

I am a $99.00 cleaner but I always get add ons. My average ticket is around $179 my average day(including rugs in the shop) is about $650 and I work 6 days a week(6th day is normally $280 short day).

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Top Ramen with saltines, Chilli AND Mac and cheese, German chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream............Oh business..........A Steady supply of trophy wives/soccer moms waiting for me to service them, a, clean their carpets. Long wheel base newer van. And 1 day a helper, to a, help me. Setting a modest increase of 20-30% of business Next year and have my marketing ready for the first 3 months to mail to my clients. Oh and loving my wife and kids more than myself. Go fishing too. :roll: :wink:

Name
steve snail
I am happy now.

Happiness is not a destination it's a journey, is the way one of the yoga babes spells it out. I like to ski. One would think the seasoned experts out on the mountain carving their perfect turns would be some of the happiest. One would probably be wrong. The rank beginners that are out there falling and getting up just to fall again a lot of times have the biggest perma grins on the slopes! While the "experts" are complaining about a litany of things from long lift lines, lack of good snow, the cold etc.

Sure, who doesn't want critical mass in the bank account. Getting there can be the fun part. As oo's we are are a rare breed of person that has the freedom to call our shots for better or worse. A very big responsibility that has the potential to bring much happiness.

Best of freedom to all,

The Preacher

Pfred, it sounds like those SFS manuals i copied and sent you are being put to good use!!!

PS I hope Steve T doesn't see this post!!! :shock:

harryhides

Name
Tony
I've always wanted to have the hottest meanest badest Truck Mount in the industry and now that I've achieved this goal. . . . I am at peace.

HotTruck_jpg.jpg

Take that Waldo !!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Clearly the SOA testing is inadequate as you can see that my CRI approved HydraMaster dump tank could not take the heat generated by my MB approved 23 step cleaning process.

MeltedDumpTank_IMG.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom