What makes your business run besides customers and trucks?

Bob Foster

cluttered_desk.jpg

All the customers in the world won't keep most businesses running smooth without good systems. All the free CDs and demo software in the world on the shelf behind your head don't work unless they are implemented and consistently followed.

So of those who have been on the wild ride of poor choices of systems and expensive business building retreats please tell us about the wild ride you took, tell us the gory scary details and who and what changed things and how painful the reformation was.

Scott

Believe it or not...

I've witnessed many very successful businesses that have almost no official systems in place, but they have TONS of cash flow.

Conversely I've witnessed several unsuccessful businesses that had every conceivable system in place, but low cash flow.

IMHO systems are necessary but they're not the Holy Grail. Cash flow is King. Always has been, always will be. In my experience of successful business' characteristics order of importance:

1) Cash flow created by an untapped niche (carpet cleaning is NOT an untapped niche)
2) Smart Marketing, which injects cash flow
3) Systems which support marketing which injects cash flow

Scott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom