What is your phone closing ratio??

Ron K

Mark what prompted this thread was full circle touting an 80% closing ratio. That just seemed low to me. Now I don't use it and I don't know how many do, so there could be reasons for their number which I'm not aware of, but I would think O O's would close more because they know their business much better.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I saw an ad by an off-brand (non-bulletin board) phone service this morning that claimed a closing ration of 71%. This thread came to mind and I just figured 71% must be good, or they wouldn't have put it in the ad.

Which supports my belief that half you guys are fos with your 99% claims.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Closing rate as a figure on its own is meaningless.

Is it just your repeats that are calling?
Where are they coming from?
What kind of reach does your advertisement have?
Where is your niche in the market?
What's your offer?

Personally, I'm curious to know what's this gentleman's - :bullshit: closing rate is?

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm dead serious my closing rate is at least 98%.. I'm not sure I will hit 1000 job this year, but I should be close, and there is NO way I had 20 people turned me down after talking to them on the phone.. Service Monster has helped me out a TON I have over a 61% repeat rate, and that is high as I think you can be if your growing. At 72% closing I would actually have to have someone else answer my phone, and I would actually have to advertise, I like to run it lean(as I said my prices are low though also).

Ron K

Closing rate as a figure on its own is meaningless.

Is it just your repeats that are calling?
Where are they coming from?
What kind of reach does your advertisement have?
Where is your niche in the market?
What's your offer?

Personally, I'm curious to know what's this gentleman's - :bullshit: closing rate is?

Offer the way our business works is we get phone calls and we call them back or answer the phone. From those calls lets say 10 calls you book 9 jobs you have closed 90%. I know some of these calls are referrals,some from advertising some from people seeing a Van or driving by your shop etc.Thats not the point. the point is if the(who-ever) is answering your phone is NOT "closing" 20%. The most exspensive part of new customers is getting them. A person calling is a potential customer or referral or previous client, so if you are losing 20% then is that acceptable?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I would think price has something to do with closing rate. If your closing an insanely high rate, maybe you could/should charge more?

10 to 20% gotta be people who just don't know anything about carpet cleaning and think it's just too much money.

Keith, A thousand job in a year is huge! That's awesome, do you work by yourself? You do the work and answer phones? How has service monster helped?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We are the most expensive per square foot cleaner in the area, and we do answer our own phones. We still have price shoppers, but fortunately, most have already heard about us and we can usually make them comfortable to book with us even if we start out being higher priced.

I think the areas you are doing business also can make a difference on your possible closing rate. We are in a smaller community that still has some "well to do" individuals in the area. We also have a lot of people from out of the area that have very nice Lake Homes up here and most want to spend the money to make sure it is done right and they trust the cleaner. We don't get them all....but we do get most of them.

Mark Saiger

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I saw an ad by an off-brand (non-bulletin board) phone service this morning that claimed a closing ration of 71%. This thread came to mind and I just figured 71% must be good, or they wouldn't have put it in the ad.

Which supports my belief that half you guys are fos with your 99% claims.

Maybe they close they ANSWER? However how many calls do they miss, call back and the caller already called someone else ?

I wonder if Brian Hanna or Greg Cole have any data they could help give hard figures for high volume.

steve_64

Mark what prompted this thread was full circle touting an 80% closing ratio. That just seemed low to me. Now I don't use it and I don't know how many do, so there could be reasons for their number which I'm not aware of, but I would think O O's would close more because they know their business much better.

Ron, for me it can depend on if ive had a long day and dont feel like selling a price shopper. when im on my game im pretty good at closing but i do it all so sometimes i just shoot a price out and never hear from them again. sometimes they call back months later too lol.

most of my calls are referals or repeats but the price shoppers im probably 50/50 these days.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would think price has something to do with closing rate. If your closing an insanely high rate, maybe you could/should charge more?

10 to 20% gotta be people who just don't know anything about carpet cleaning and think it's just too much money.

Keith, A thousand job in a year is huge! That's awesome, do you work by yourself? You do the work and answer phones? How has service monster helped?

December might kill my chances to hit 1,000 jobs looking at my Quickbooks it might be more like 9-950.. I work with a helper and I rarely turn down work on ANY day someone wants it done. We work together if we have up to 7-8 a day, or we split up if we have more or small jobs. I work and answer the phone, and it is getting to be way too much. Service monster has made my custy's clean more frequently(only down side is I have to have them take out the whole " call now for our welcome back special" on the post cards", but I have been too busy to contact them). It more then pays for itself, and I wish I would have started it sooner.

I also bought a house this year July 1st that I work on any time I'm not working..:cry: Just finished painting the outside(my dad(retired 3 days before I closed:lol:) has been a huge help also) with 54 gallons of paint/primer,and 40-50 tubes of caulk.View attachment 3121Replaced around 300 linear ft. of cedar siding. We pretty much had to replace ALL the flooring,subfloor, and molding on the inside(bunny piss),put in a new patio door, plumbed a sewer line outside to dump,ect.. I think I might have been in a physical and mental break down mode most of this summer.:twisted: If I would have put all this extra work into my business.. I can only imagine, next year!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
While I won't give out my exact numbers I'll share what I can. Customer service reps have closing %' that they are expected to maintain or exceed based on their experience. A newbie CSR their first month on the job closed 55-60% vs a CSR with a years experience will close 85-90%. I have 2 CSR's that close around 95%.
TRaining and scripting is what's critical to the success of a call center.

Maybe they close they ANSWER? However how many calls do they miss, call back and the caller already called someone else ?

I wonder if Brian Hanna or Greg Cole have any data they could help give hard figures for high volume.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom