What is your phone closing ratio??

Ron K

You or your staff. How many do you book when they call you. I would assume OO's should be around 95% or higher. I'd say 85% of my calls and messages start with "Hi Ron"

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
about 85%.....the majority of the left over 15% are not in our pricing range.........

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Myself and my wife take the phone calls. We do have a developed script that we follow...we of course are individuals and vary it a bit for our own comfort so we don't sound scripted.

I would say we are fortunate and close over 95% of most calls received. Even price shoppers have been sold via phone by our services offered and they also comment on our "energy" level and how much we seem to love cleaning carpet and wanting to help in any way we can. Even being the higher priced per sq foot cleaner in the area, what we offer for their money in the extras included (furniture manipulation, spot stain removal, ect..)sells them to go with us.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Reactions: Ron K
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Mine is around 80% on the phone but in person in home I would say I walk away with the job 95% on residential and about 70% on commercial. That being most want the job at night and we tend to avoid cleaning food establishments.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Now that is a lovely and subtle use of the English language. How much furniture "manipulation" do you do?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I would be willing to make up a number, but I really have no idea. A great many of my callers are referrals, so they aren't very difficult to close. When I do have that rare google search or yellow page caller, I am pretty confident that my closing ratio is above 50%. That sounds low, but when you consider that most of the preceding posters quoted percentages are most likely pulled out of thin air, and the fact that I will not give a price over the phone, 50% is darn good.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My google search or website closing rate is only 48.7 %

Ron K

I would be willing to make up a number, but I really have no idea. A great many of my callers are referrals, so they aren't very difficult to close. When I do have that rare google search or yellow page caller, I am pretty confident that my closing ratio is above 50%. That sounds low, but when you consider that most of the preceding posters quoted percentages are most likely pulled out of thin air, and the fact that I will not give a price over the phone, 50% is darn good.

Oh Mr HogWarts It sounds to me like a bit of Bacon Side ! You NEVER give a price/range/average at all?
The reason I started this thread is an ad on this web-site said 80% closing ratio and that sounded low to me.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Now that is a lovely and subtle use of the English language. How much furniture "manipulation" do you do?

Thanks Ofer :)

We tell them we will move larger pieces of furniture such as couches and chairs in their LR's, but usually avoid moving entertainment and TV systems. We "Jokingly" tell them we would need a "5 year old" with us that day to hook up all the wires that would probably come undone...that really breaks the ice and makes for better conversation with the agreeing clients...Just breaking the ice and getting them comfortable with us and consider us to take care of them.

For Bedrooms, we ask if they want the "open pathways only done", or are they looking to have cleaning under the beds and other items. We tell them if they just choose open paths, it is less square footage, so of course we charge for less square footage. If they want under the beds and other items, we will try our best to accommodate them. In some cases where beds cannot be moved, it is probably the only time we take a Bentley swivel wand off the van to get under the beds.

We rarely end up having people ask for bedrooms being done wall to wall.

With our clients, we ask them to pick up any smaller items they can and or move small items to a place that won't be an inconvenience for them through out the day. If we see a pile of items in a kitchen or area they have moved for us, we will most of the time ask if we can reset a good portion of those items so they can use their kitchens or bathrooms easier. Just the little bit extra mile of customer service that get's talked about a lot. It is also a great gesture to make sure the elderly are very well taken care of. It is very important that we are caretakers for people who would have difficulty. It also makes people want to have their carpets cleaned....We seriously enjoy going the extra mile, even if it does not include us adding a direct fee to it!

steve_64

mark, i tell customers i dont move entertainment centers computers or beds for insurance reasons. although i do move beds on occasion but only if they are persistent and they move easily.

i have a few customers that move everything out but the bed and put coasters under the legs to slide it around.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
mark, i tell customers i dont move entertainment centers computers or beds for insurance reasons. although i do move beds on occasion but only if they are persistent and they move easily.

i have a few customers that move everything out but the bed and put coasters under the legs to slide it around.

Oh Trust me....when we show up and see an empty room, especially a bedroom emptied out, we do get pretty excited :)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

From all your posts here Mark, what comes through crystal clear is that you're an excellent business owner who just gets it right.
And in all aspects of your business.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You or your staff. How many do you book when they call you. I would assume OO's should be around 95% or higher. I'd say 85% of my calls and messages start with "Hi Ron"

Ron, Ron, Ron.

"Phone closing"? - The most unfortunate use of words. Why call it "closing" while it should be the beginning of a beautiful friendship?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMOBxjIvLBE

Last edited:

Ron K

From all your posts here Mark, what comes through crystal clear is that you're an excellent business owner who just gets it right.
And in all aspects of your business.

Ofer Mark is fast becoming the E.F. Huton of Carpet Cleaners!

I've been called "Passionate" Mark never "High Energy" I can't believe how you would "manipulate" that over the phone.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would say it is like 98%, but my prices are too low, and don't advertise much..

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I appreciate the kind words and compliments everyone, but don't want you to think everything is "roses" around here all the time. We do have times that are difficult and we have to look at "reorganizing" and "getting our poop in a group". Just like others, we worry if the phone is going to ring and we are going to be kept busy to make all the payments, payroll, etc....

We are just fortunate that there are many more good days over challenging days.

Best to you all....and again thank you!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Able 1

Name
Keith
Higher end rentals will keep your poop in a group(steady work).. I say attack the hell out of them just with your charm(that should work,right)!?

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
In the past perhaps 8 out of 10 but that's gone way down because I've been increasing my screening more and more. Perhaps 2 out 10 calls filter down to a completed profitable job.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Perhaps 2 out 10 calls filter down to a completed profitable job.

Wow, that sure makes things tuff! Sounds like a lot of crappy calls, why so bad? Bad area? charging too much?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

You know you can purchase a number from a company and they can give you the data of how many calls you receive so you can compare it to how many jobs you booked. Most are only 10 bucks a month and you can forward to your main phone number.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom