What are your next vacation plans?

Mikey P

Administrator
Willy the Porty hack brings up an excellent topic.

How do YOU keep from burning out?

I always have to have a trip in the pipe line to look forward to.
So does my wife or we just go nuts.

Even if its just a weekend getAway, being able to escape the phones (thanks Full Circle) the trucks, the chimps, the kids, the pets, the house, the interwebs and all of the rest is something ALL of us should do on a REGULAR basis.

I have a buddy who is a house painter who works 7 days a week most of the year and when he gets home at night the wife dumps his two youngins in his lap and takes the night off.

he is going to pop in a bad way once of these minutes.

so where are YOU going next?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've been saving and I'm thinking Legends in KC as soon as I save enough to afford the gas. :razz:

I work outside when I'm stressed.........then come inside and watch the KU or the Bears blow one and I'm stressed all over again.

I don't get burnt out, hell I've BEEN burnt out for years, this is just a hologram of me.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have a 10 day trip to go back to Maine to visit my parents and family in about a month. It has been about 3 years since I have seen them. Both the wife and I are really looking forward to getting away for this trip.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I make a trip back to SoCal every now and then (flying there tonight for a funeral). The Snake River is only 45 min away. Easy stress relief there. I think we are planning another trip to Disney World in 2014.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I have my son Tues, Thursday and every other weekend. When I have him on the weekend I usually keep him thursday morning - monday afternoon. I'll typically turn off my phone when I'm spending time with him. I only schedule cleaning jobs, on monday, wednesday and on fri and saturdays that I don't have him. Web stuff I do when I'm not cleaning, or when he's napping. I live very simply, I'm perfectly okay with that. Life is too short to not spend time with the people you love.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I am not a big fan of the 8 or 9 month long Utah winters. My wife and I get away to Mexico one week in the middle of each winter. We meet the kids down there when we can.

BTW - Anyone interested in high end resort golf packages in Mexico, let me know.

hogjowl

Idiot™
We go to the gulf coast once every couple of months or so. My wife loves the place and I enjoy watching her have fun.

From the window of our condo.

I ain't getting out in the sand and sun!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You didn't have to explain that you were still in the room.

When you said " My wife loves the place and I enjoy watching her have fun." that tells us all you were not with her, Mr Wet Blanket! :winky:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
For me a vacation is dinner out.

Can't be gone more than 2-3 hours at a time with all of the rescue dogs, I specialize in the geriatric, special needs and hospice and they need too much care. My hubby goes to Missouri once a year to see family for a week or two.

Even though they severely tie me down, they are so worth it and it is very rewarding personally.

Take care,
Lisa

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
we prefer all inclusives - the Yucatan is the best bang for the buck in that dept. we went in April for our 20th, i think we will try to do it once a year from now on. nothing booked yet tho.

steve_64

i started a yearly trip to talledaga this year with some guys who have been doing it for about ten years. 3 days of golf and the race.

i want to start taking a couple weeks in january and doing something special each year also.

i stopped going to the strip bars. :frown:

Mikey P

Administrator
4 day weekend this coming.. focus on fishing @ Eastern Sierras

3 day group ride next week end, Yosemite and beyond

Napa wine tasting in November

Texas and South Carolina for Xmas.

frresh1

Name
Doug
Fly fishing on the Bighorn river for five days in October.
Hey I just realized I only have 1 post but I have been a member since 08?

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Scott the winters are NOT that long...shhheeeeeeesh

we went to my uncles to swim in Santa Barbara....(shoot the kids picked that over other things)

And we literally just sat back and hung out...or swam for the 4 days we were there...

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
Wife and I just got back last week from a trip down to Oregon,,, hit some winery's,,visited some friends,,then had a nice trip back up the coast lines.

Three weeks ago we went to Chelan with some friends,, also hit the winery's there,, (my wife is the wine person!) I don't drink. If I'm not busy,,, or I get bored,, I think of the things I could be doing at home,, for the home or the business,,, lol.

Will be going to Vegas in a few weeks,,, then settle back in for the grind.

It's good to go and relax,,, been forcing ourselves to go and take even 3 or 4 day breaks.

Big one I'm planning for next year is to go back to Kodiak next summer and do some fishing for a couple weeks hopefully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Name
Yohance
Going to a USC game in Utah with my sons then Palm Springs for the weekend with wife. Dirt bike and camping season start last week f October for me.

Mikey P

Administrator
20120928_165722_zpse637acb3.jpg

Sonora Pass, a whole lotta granite.

20120928_165114_zpsfc332613.jpg

Bridgeport reservoir at dusk..

20120928_180623_zps5debb4ce.jpg

my back yard

20120929_134022_zps09a20ee4.jpg

my fave place to scarf..

20121001_110933_zps35e81537.jpg

my lake and fishin bud

20120929_145642_zps8fd2ee9b.jpg

the hills were turning..

20121001_114731_zps528db751.jpg

20120929_144334-1_zps70913f59.jpg

my happy place..

image001_zps65f971e4.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
you see Merty, when I go on vacation I m out in the sun for 12 to 14 hours straight..

while I do think I'm a bit of a red neck, I don't like a red neck.

and besides I make that $8.99 hat look GOOD!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Try to get to as many of these as I can during the year.
ED057106-2AE0-4A23-BED0-66177FC57EB6-10916-00000ACCB7A6613C.jpg

when vacation time of year comes around it is skiing time. This year I will also be heading up to Utah to hunt with Olsen and will be headed to the Dominican Republic for a couple of weeks in February.
6d3c0bbd.jpg

Also for Ron and George, I will be returning to sipapu New Mexico for a week just like last year if y'all want to meet up and ride for a day.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Taking a train ( a First ) to Quebec for Christmas. Looking forward to it. One of the things I love about my wife is she makes me take some time.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Mikey know how to enjoy life. I used to be pretty good at that myself fishing, canoeing and gardening. It’s not an issue of where or what but when. I’m burnt myself working 7 days a week trying to support the fam and take the biz to the next level. I’m taking a leap of faith and hiring another full timer. I can’t go on like this much longer. I’m going to scale it back to 5 days a week and hopefully I can take the first vacation in years.
Richard, You’re full of shit. Can’t afford gas to get a burger in KCK :oldrolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom