What about something like this as a card or a handout

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have changed the card with every comment. Go troll somewhere else I am looking to improve what I have

I am sorry you still live at home but please don't ruin this thread with your jealousy

M

Mark Imbesi

Dude,

Wayne (who is an expert) suggested for you (self proclaimed superhero) to be positive. You even agree with him, twice, and implement none of his suggestions in your last edit. You can take advantage of the economy being positive if you had an ounce of compassion in your personality. Aparrently, there is none, as shown in your selfish posts.

Good luck with your ad.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
shoo. mommy is caling

if you weren't such a moron I wouldn't need to explain. Wayne said nothing about editing the type of ad he mentioned he wouldn't do this type of ad. Noted. and after that he reiterated it again. Again I get it. and you seem to agree. There was a postcard presented and yourself and wayne brought nothing to edit the postcard. Obviously your too f*7king stupid to understand and just want to fight.

I am sorry i said something LAST year negative about BNI that made you have a hard on to attack me every chance you get. Move on LOSER

You have ruined this thread and hurt another carpet cleaner. You have done nothing productive on this thread now go away

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Nothing else? I am going to go to print with this card as a postcard (edited for typos) and the movie ticket provided by Mr Chavez as a business card

Thanks all. I will check back before I send it out. I have to install a new freshwater pump then I will check back

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That yellow card is ugly, call or email Wayne and see what he would charge you to make some thing better looking.

It's a real dog....with fleas! :|

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
don't make me go negative chavez and BTW I brought back to the gym back up in the birdroom

and where is the cheapshot?It isn't my fault he lives at mommies home:)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
How about:

Are you dick broke?

If so call: Dick Broke Carpet Cleaning

XXX-XXXX

Actually I'd go into the old "Why replace your carpet when we can restore it for far less?"
Remember how much you enjoyed your carpet when it was new?...........

Also. I'd insert a photo of Terry With his blue booties on grinning from ear to ear or another appealing photo.

Your ad just seems too negative for me.

Better to charm prospects or make them think a little than to depress them

Dave Yoakum-

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so you have nothing to ad, just criticize? good that was very productive. Thank You

see this is why I need to win the JonDon contest

Scott

Wayne Miller said:
Aren't there more compelling reasons to clean your carpet than upkeep and maintenance?

Would you be more likely to pay 200 bucks for a Ruth's Chris dinner because of its nutitional value or because it's something you know you're really, really, really gonna enjoy?

On the emotional scale of why people do things, carpet cleaning for the lady of the house is well above that of an oil change.

Take advantage of it.

Yeah but Ruth's Chris' stock is taking a brutal beating. On Feb. 23rd, 2007, RUTH closed at $22.30/share. The 52-wk high is $11.04. As of 5 minutes ago it's down to $1.37/share! The masters of extravagance are getting killed.

We're experiencing consumer fear (real or perceived) that most of us haven't experienced in our business careers. Explaining what happens if the customer doesn't use our services is not scare tactics or going negative, if its the truth. It's a very effective form of advertising, esp. during times of economic crunch.

If customers don't get their carpeting cleaned by one of us professionals, it likely WILL wear out faster. Saying so is merely calling attention to truth.

In my opinion we have to show more value than ever before while trying to keep our prices competitive. It's time to rework the break-even analysis to ensure we're as competitive as possible. Survival of the fittest is coming into play in a big way. The companies that are perceived an expensive extravagance are getting rocked hard. For many people, professional cleaning is an extravagance. Customers who aren't normally price shoppers are starting to look around. They might be back later, but will we be there when the cheaper guy they hired isn't?

We've been in a recession in MI for at least 5 yrs. A lot of us have already seen the expensive extravagance goods and service sellers dry up. But there's work out there, with the right message targeted to the right people. We have to "get" them and empathize with them, and a headline like "Saving Your Investment with just a little bit of money" helps achieve that.

Pls understand I'm speaking directly about the headline of Greg's ad, not the body. I haven't gone through the body to see if he's hit those emotional points. My point was that calling attention to "do this or you will probably suffer even worse" is an effective and proven distracter. I'm not calling out Wayne or saying he doesn't know what he's talking about either so pls. don't take that out of context. Wayne is the King of visual emotional imagery in my mind, which is something I completely lack. I couldn't draw a discernible stick figure to save my life!

Good day. I've got some sales letters to write. :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gregspostcard.jpg

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Where'd I lose you, Scott. lol

"On the emotional scale of why people do things, carpet cleaning for the lady of the house is well above that of an oil change. Take advantage of it."

You're Mrs. Piffleton. It's January, the holidays are past, money's tight and you get a postcard reminding you to "clean your carpets every six to twelve months or bad things can happen."

Oh, yea, duty calls.

It's one more thing to add to the to-do list, along with replacing the flat tire on the mini van or figuring out where to come up with the extra cash for the orthodontics appointment in two weeks. The carpets are bad. You really want new carpet. "Hate to spend that money now.....they're so old and dirty."

It's as much fun as an oil change.

It's one more thing. "I don't feel like it now. Hmmm.....it's half a quart low. I'll top it off, dilute the dirty oil. That'll buy me another week..." You'll do it if you have to, you'll find ways to delay it if you can.

There's no joy, no fun, no comfort....it's work.

Or, you might get a postcard that makes you think back to the last time last time you had them cleaned and how marvelously clean they came, how amazed you were, how happy you were and how wonderful you felt when the cleaners were done.

"They cleaned up so nice last time. I could get another six months out of them. We'll be getting our taxes back this spring. It wouldn't be that much to spiff things up a little. I'd feel better. The house would look so much nicer. Maybe I could tuck away a few more dollars and get that carpet I really like in the Fall after the kids go back to school. Yea, that would work...."

If you enjoy good food the thought of a Ruth's Chris caliber dinner creates a yearning. The kind of yearning you might go to great lengths to justify satisfying. It does me and I've never even been to one.

I never said be a luxury. I suggested there are more compelling reasons to clean your carpet than upkeep and maintenance. Just like it's always more compelling to ponder dinner at a fine restaurant than it is to imagine sucking on a vitamin.

Bright yellow background with red and black letting, skulls, crossbones and radiation hazard symbols? Whew!

I've seen it, people enjoy a house full of clean carpet. Some folks absolutely love it. Just MHO, in good times or bad, stirring a yearning beats a call to duty almost every time......and, you can still toss in a discount.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
skull and crossbones were removed on previous recommendation. I wanted black slanted thick blocks alternating with yellow I just don't know how to do that.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Did you check your Microsoft Clipart Library? Office and Publisher comes with a lot of clipart, they might have something like what you're looking for.

CapeCleaner

Matt Murdock said:
new edit. Imbesi is curious about the home checklist, it is working already

1w1w.jpg
Greg -

I have to be honest and say the entire ad is a little confusing as I'm not certain what you are trying to sell, if anything. Most of the verbiage concerns a home being a large investment and lacks - as has already been stated - a definitive call to action with the exception of asking recipients to first look at your web site and then call to get the "Important Home Check Up Checklist" (what the heck it this?) Why would one have to look at your web site before calling in order to receive the checklist? I looked at both your web sites and couldn't find mention of it on either site. How is it already working?

In the two lines that connect to the services you provide, the ad states both "economy busting specials" and "the name says it all." Does the phrase "economy busting specials" mean a client can get a better deal than $25/room? If not, it could be a bit misleading. If $25/room is always the price – the name says it all – then it’s really not a “special”. Economy busting prices might be more appropriate.

A question also. I noticed when I went to 25dollarsaroom.com that you have the Extreme Carpet Cleaning name on this site. Since you stated that 25dollarsaroom will be treated as a separate entity, are you not concerned with cannibalizing existing clients and loosing revenue when they switch to the lower priced service?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The service isn't lower priced. The specials are not on the site yet because I have not come up with the market agenda. When the card goes out the specials will be on the site. Specials will be added values after carpet cleaning such as scotchgard, upholstery cleaning etc etc

Thank you for pointing out the website/call issue I will fix that.

The website is not complete yet and the person who made it put my logo on there they also put the wrong service towns pulling that off my webpage. The logo for 25dollarsaroom.com will be going up there this week. I gave the info I wanted on how that should look to a friend who does graphic design. The checklist is great it is like a home inspection sheet and a maintenance schedule that a friend of mine developed

Scott

Wayne Miller said:
Where'd I lose you, Scott. lol

"On the emotional scale of why people do things, carpet cleaning for the lady of the house is well above that of an oil change. Take advantage of it."

You're Mrs. Piffleton. It's January, the holidays are past, money's tight and you get a postcard reminding you to "clean your carpets every six to twelve months or bad things can happen."

Oh, yea, duty calls.

It's one more thing to add to the to-do list, along with replacing the flat tire on the mini van or figuring out where to come up with the extra cash for the orthodontics appointment in two weeks. The carpets are bad. You really want new carpet. "Hate to spend that money now.....they're so old and dirty."

It's as much fun as an oil change.

It's one more thing. "I don't feel like it now. Hmmm.....it's half a quart low. I'll top it off, dilute the dirty oil. That'll buy me another week..." You'll do it if you have to, you'll find ways to delay it if you can.

There's no joy, no fun, no comfort....it's work.

Or, you might get a postcard that makes you think back to the last time last time you had them cleaned and how marvelously clean they came, how amazed you were, how happy you were and how wonderful you felt when the cleaners were done.

"They cleaned up so nice last time. I could get another six months out of them. We'll be getting our taxes back this spring. It wouldn't be that much to spiff things up a little. I'd feel better. The house would look so much nicer. Maybe I could tuck away a few more dollars and get that carpet I really like in the Fall after the kids go back to school. Yea, that would work...."

If you enjoy good food the thought of a Ruth's Chris caliber dinner creates a yearning. The kind of yearning you might go to great lengths to justify satisfying. It does me and I've never even been to one.

I never said be a luxury. I suggested there are more compelling reasons to clean your carpet than upkeep and maintenance. Just like it's always more compelling to ponder dinner at a fine restaurant than it is to imagine sucking on a vitamin.

Bright yellow background with red and black letting, skulls, crossbones and radiation hazard symbols? Whew!

I've seen it, people enjoy a house full of clean carpet. Some folks absolutely love it. Just MHO, in good times or bad, stirring a yearning beats a call to duty almost every time......and, you can still toss in a discount.

Well now that you say that....of course you're right. lol!

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I tried not to make it too warm and fuzzy, and it would probably work better in Pratville than in New England,
but if you're gonna try to take advantage of a slow economy you could still give 'em something cheery to look at. lol

crowley1.jpg

Name
George Valliant
Wowweee!!! With talent like Miller and Chavez I wouldn't dream of designing it myself.

Bty, I’m thinking of doing the door hanger thingy. Anybody know an inexpensive printer?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I pick Wayne's!!!
Although the headline might be a little confusing.

It is simpler to read. Less depressing. Has a compeling graphic. Gets to the point. Jumps off the page. Looks far more professional. Much more likely to get read before it gets tossed.

To name a few.

Dave Yoakum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom