Went Hybrid HWE/VLM Today

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I tried again today with good results. Just used the Stepson because I want to see its potential, and I was HWE.
Before: By this point ther under couch and end table was cleaned. Vacuumed here, no spray yet.
IMG_7668.jpeg
IMG_7677.jpeg

Then agitated with the Stepson and Pad Cap Pro.
IMG_7676.jpeg
Then HWE
IMG_7683.jpeg
Finished
IMG_7690.jpeg
IMG_7694.jpeg

All new to me

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I tried again today with good results. Just used the Stepdad because I want to see its potential, and I was HWE.
Before: By this point ther under couch and end table was cleaned. Vacuumed here, no spray yet.
View attachment 123477
View attachment 123478

Then agitated with the Stepdad and Pad Cap Pro.
View attachment 123479
Then HWE
View attachment 123480
Finished
View attachment 123481
View attachment 123482

All new to me
We’re you on your knees when you were cleaning?

Reactions: KevinL

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Nah, just went over it quick to agitate, whipping it around pretty easy but the Odyssey would have been the proper choice, just checking it out. I did these carpets 5 yrs ago and they look better than when I just HWE 5 yrs ago. Easier too, way easier. This padding is an eye opener for me.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Odyssey will be with me tonight on a nasty restaraunt carpet, 4 sure.

Name
Jeff T
Doing one in an hr. High end retirement home/condo.
Second 1/2 of the dining room, the hot bar/ salad bar area.
Post padding in the service area. Old people spill a lot of Shyte.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mikey P

Administrator
I vac'd, crb and wanded a 20 yo garbage poly today, and refused payment because it came out so bad

I suppose a 360 would have helped a smidge.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Another Hybrid day, Did stairs first in 10 minutes with the Stepson. Area rug, and a performance fabric chair.
Repeat customer is loving the dry stairs and has them cleaned regularly. More so from here on out. Loving this option.
IMG_7714.jpeg

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Perfect Saturday
No truckmount here and long time customer is thrilled. Coming back September for the whole sha bang.
These are very old over 20 years and they look worse in person before, better in person after. Home run.
Before
IMG_7733.jpeg

After

IMG_7735.jpeg

Before

IMG_7729.jpeg

After

IMG_7737.jpeg
IMG_7732.jpeg
Also was able to do a little area that was real bad, no before pic

IMG_7736.jpeg

The other little job was Padding the hall and HWE the Living room. Again scheduled for later in year when house is empty for W/W.
IMG_7728.jpeg

Ended the day with a deep tissue massage, ready for the weekend.

Last edited:

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I think maybe you should have used the truck mount…
hit the nail on the head. If your happy with those results, a CRB and HWE would have done even better.

By the way, Agitation is most important so if your not spending a lot of time doing this, you will find better results with more agitation. CRB or any 360. You will also clean faster with the wand.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Mike J

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I think maybe you should have used the truck mount…
I was working in the AC and took me less than an hour. This is my day off to make people happy, not be the best cleaning they ever had.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Well why didn’t you just say you didn’t feel like doing a good job 😂
I did a great job because the customer that paid called me a "Treasure" for getting this done the day of company coming. It is on the schedule for HWE and bills out over $700. This is fun now. I used to decline work (when I was HWE only) on weekends during summer.

Another thing I noticed. I can get away with doing an area that is really spotted up without doing the whole room with VLM. It blends in better than trying to fix an area with HWE and not the rest of the room.

So far I made about $1K of work I would have not taken, now that I have the Odyssey. And using 4 ounces of Topps Pad Cap Pro in total is pretty impressive. But I will be doing a better job as I learn how to master the VLM.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I am also now gonna grab me some commercial accounts. Sounds like I may be missing out on some VLM cleaning. Watch me break out my brothers. Timing everything. Cant wait to visit this post a year from now. Game on. I Fn love you MikeyP, Im running with you.

• Haha

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Go get em tiger!!
Got one already, need a little more experience before I do this one. Got the green light. Goal is not to turn on the TM. I better learn quick, they been waiting for close to a month.

IMG_7749.png

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Also got out of my first call back in 3 months. It was a good one too. I will never HWE this carpet again. I told them already. This is the worst carpet ever. This backing created a nightmare of browning. Went back and re cleaned HWE. Went to pick up fan and same nasty browing. So I finally broke out the Stepson and hit the spots and this job is closed with a happy customer.
IMG_7653.jpeg
IMG_7652.jpeg

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
BEFORE
IMG_7971.jpeg

AFTER
IMG_7987.jpeg

This was a massage room (above). It was Oil. I was set up for HWE so this was the result of agitation only Pad. The first job I did before this one was Upholstery, Liv, Din, 4 bed and stairs carpet. Did VLM in the Liv and Din, and HWE 4 Bedrooms and stairs. Customer had medical issues and was chilling in the dry. OP cleaned living room with no fans blowing as I jammed upstairs.
IMG_7908.jpeg
IMG_7919.jpeg

IMG_7928.jpeg

I got comfortable with stairs

But the biggest win today for me, was I do not need a backup Truckmount anymore. I can do VLM in any trashed carpet if needed when my truck is being fixed. Game Changer.

Long Live HWE, this is a bonus.
IMG_7991.jpeg
IMG_7992.jpeg
A little over a year ago, I wasnt even using a glide. This is a result of MikeyP and Greenglides and absolutely Mikeysboard. Bigtime. Thank You All.

Last edited:

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Gonna need to work on Pad management now. Only got 5 cotton, and 5 microfiber pads. Time to add more. Also beat up my Stepson driver pad. Half ripped off when swapping out pads. Looks like crazy glue repair.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Glad I had it all on the truck. This was Job 4 that was calling for a while for urgent cleaning. I am there only guy and they had to wait. Very hard HWE setup. So I popped in for exactly 1/2 hour from start to finish, to help her out. Husband is now in Hospice, she is very old, and they are just great people to the b0ne. So I surprised her as she was bedside at the hospital.

2 rounds of agitation with Pad Cap Pro, and a cotton pad after.

Before
IMG_8168.jpeg

After
IMG_8182.jpeg

During. (self film, one handed)

Drying was ALWAYS a concern here, and I get called frequently here. This is a win win.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Customer in a 55+ community.
Vacuum, Trinity Odyssey with Pad Cap Pro, HWE, Re apply and run Odyssey again (agitation), Prespray and HWE one more time, Then Post Pad with
the Glad Pads from Greenglides.
The customer was very happy. 2 1/2 hrs spent. Last crew of 2 from the Franchise were in and out in less than 30 minutes.
Breaking in to this market now.

The tools, (3 dark spots are not on carpet, broken camera lens)
IMG_8504.jpeg

Before
IMG_8497.jpeg
IMG_8498.jpeg

After
IMG_8508.jpeg

Close to dry, plus I left a fan. 86 YO couple that is full of life and they were so happy. Love my job.

The Dark spots are from my broke camera lens, 3 dots are tech issue, not spots.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
This is getting it for me now. Did 10K sq ft in 1 day. 12 hours solo, then my part time guy carried me for 5 more hours. 350ft of hose with 1 truckmount (PMF Mach 15), Trinity Odyssey,which impressed the boss for future VLM only work during the school year. Home Run.
I can see how you guys like commercial work more than occupied houses. Going back tonight to finish it off, about 2K sq ft to go.
IMG_8892.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom