We Finally Reached Our Goal

Ecupirate69

Name
Willie smith
Desk jockey,

Yea, it can become confusing. I think I will have two different teams running once it really picks up. One for commercial and one for residential. I do agree the level of detail is significantly different.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Good info here. They really are 2 different markets requiring different approaches and skill sets.

I don't look for restaurant work but occasionally they find us. We can definitely get it done right but I don't want to play the price game with some of the lower end companies. I hate feeling like I have to look over my shoulder for the next hack to undercut me. It happens a lot with restaurant and apartment work.

I don't want to be in a race to the cheapest but love the challenge of showing a new client why we are the BEST (and charge accordingly).

That is so much easier to do in the residential market for me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hate feeling like I have to look over my shoulder for the next hack to undercut me. It happens a lot with restaurant and apartment work.
That just goes with the territory in that type of work. Its not that there isn't money to be made there, there is. However it must be approached with high production in mind or you'll just spin your wheels.

While I've always loved seeing smoking tires, its no good when its me on fire! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Congrats!! I really don't want to clean restaurants, but I have 2.. I do clean(well my tech does mostly ) alot of apartments for good money.. I would say residential work is the best(and glad I focused on it early), but for winter I keep the apartments.. I do like commercial work because the wife does the estimates and goes higher then I would so if I get them great if not that's OK too..

I always compare the year before month to month and some way some how I figure a way to beat it.. Winter here is a crap shoot..

If I could do better finding employees.. The sky would be the limit!

Last edited:

Mike Draper

winter here is a crapshoot as well. Lots of snow and storms coming in can equal no work. Last year was extrememly warm and we actually stayed busy. you never know.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Last winter was good for me as well, I'm hoping for the same this year..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I did a $114.00 commercial job this morning a message parlor, why so seedy, and dirty feeling? I dont know!

Still the nice Lady's asked if they could use my machine to re hit the first room so I said what the heck. I was re adding line to reach when I realized the rambunctious massage therapist was now a carpet cleaner, I walked in after they finished cleaning the room and the next lady was starting to touch up the last room, she had the wand flipped up side down while spraying water every where. I was like WOW WOW WOW turn it over sparky!

I checked the first room which was almost dry before these go getters went to work, and it was real wet to, So I made them extract the water.

Got a $20.00 tip and a good laugh.

Maybe they're tired of being message therapist and want to clean carpets????

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
One of my goals since we started back was to do 10k per month in just our restaurant business. We made it! Actually probably surpassed it a couple of months ago. I know many of you think I'm crazy for doing this but it actually is enjoyable to me. It is really nice in the winter when residential and other commercial business is slow. And I get reminded frequently of why I got out of that "horrific" business.
I know I will not be able to obtain to much more without letting go and letting my lead tech (in training) to take over. We have lost a few accounts over time however there always seem to be others to fill the void. I haven't actively looked for new restaurant clients for probably a year now but we are getting referred from existing clients (managers).

Now our next big goal is to service over 30 churches (we currently do about 15).
Congrats Billy. Your going to be successful because you are setting goals. Love the 30 church goal. Commercial is king!

Reactions: BLewis
Back
Top Bottom