We Finally Reached Our Goal

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
One of my goals since we started back was to do 10k per month in just our restaurant business. We made it! Actually probably surpassed it a couple of months ago. I know many of you think I'm crazy for doing this but it actually is enjoyable to me. It is really nice in the winter when residential and other commercial business is slow. And I get reminded frequently of why I got out of that "horrific" business.
I know I will not be able to obtain to much more without letting go and letting my lead tech (in training) to take over. We have lost a few accounts over time however there always seem to be others to fill the void. I haven't actively looked for new restaurant clients for probably a year now but we are getting referred from existing clients (managers).

Now our next big goal is to service over 30 churches (we currently do about 15).

Last edited:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Congrats on reaching your goal. great to know you are covered in the winter!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Michael, I find they pay really well. Usually when you do the first service make it a habit to attach a signed W-9 and this will save 2 weeks to a month on getting your first check. My experience has been fantastic 99.9 % pay within the 30 days and about 50% of those pay in about 2 weeks. We take 2 copies of an invoice and have the manager sign one that you keep and take back to the office to file. Also, we present invoice for signature when first arriving usually this is at closing time when you will find manager in office closing down his paperwork. In 6 years I've only had 1 not pay and that was a manager that I used to supervise. Cleaned him for his opening and he wrote a check on the spot. However on next cleaning he wanted to bill it (and I knew) and I never got paid and he had to close shop. I took a small loss but nothing like he did when he lost the business so no hard feelings. As a matter of fact I will usually get checks within about 2-3 days before their next service.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Porkfritter speaks the truth. In a market that is typically difficult to service you seem to be doing amazingly well Billy. It just shows that your professional approach compared to what so many hacks do is working better for you. Keep up the great work!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks alot Guys for the positive comments, and I will definately add from people that I respect and admire and have helped us along the way!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Congrats Billy! I remember when you told me a while back you were trying to reach that goal, that's great to hear!

I haven't done restaurants in a long time, but now w/ the TNT setup I got I may consider it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Way to go Billy!

How long does your average restaurant take? Earn you? Frequency? Soil level? Move tables and chairs? Prevacuum? Starting time?

Reactions: Russ T.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Mikey,
Average Time 1.5-2 hours per restaurant
$- Lowest $175 (1 hr) Highest $475 (3 hrs)
Frequency 96% Monthly (Meaning every 4 weeks), 2% Bi-weekly, 2% qrtly
Soil Level-Not bad except first time clean, a little worse in summer when parking lots are super hot
Move Tables & Chairs-75% flip chairs for us we put all chairs back down except golden corral, we flip chairs on other 25%, We move all tables and move them back
Pre-Vacumn- No
Starting Time-from 9pm to latest start time of 12 am (We have 6 we do in the early morning)
Our Newest client bi-weekly traffic areas only from pull up to pulling out 1 hour 5 minutes (first clean) $175,quarterly whole cleaning $375 will take 2 hours 15 minutes maybe

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sounds like good money Billy!

I for one never would have never thought there was good money in restaurants. However at those numbers it certainly makes sense to do them. Is it the Vortex doing it or would any dual wand machine be productive?

My luck I'd have a crew out there and get a big water loss ....."dude it's time to go!" :p

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We use the V on the majority of them, however we do not dual wand restaurants due to moving of tables etc. I believe any stronger machine would be plenty. We have even picked up some pressure washing jobs in a couple of restaurants using the PC 650 HP. I purchased one of the bigger concrete cleaners on wheels and run the HP at 3000 psi. We have a line on many more clients for this service but frankly are just not able to handle a big push on that right now. We are doing 2 so that We can get the experience needed and I get a feel for if I want to grow that avenue any larger. Of course the PC 650 is quite capable of dualing as well.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Are you running un-glided wands on these restaurants, Billy? Cuz, if you are depending on them vacuuming, I just KNOW there's a french fry or two you have to suck up along the way.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
They sweep the big stuff and what they miss one tech will take the suction hose as other is Pre-spraying. We use the slotted glided which helps alot.

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Mikey,
Not sure for many reasons, first I still considers myself a newby in this field, second is my stage fright (Bni has helped) but I still have it. 3rd haven't even decided if I'll be able to make the next one.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
1st, you are the boss, mark off your schedule.

2nd, I'll have a Jay Leno mask for you to wear so know one will poke fun of your drooling and lazy eye.

3rd, There are no veteran grease pit cleaners, only the chimps who hate it and the asshole bosses who send them out in the middle of the night to do it.

You are the exception.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
1st, you are the boss, mark off your schedule.

2nd, I'll have a Jay Leno mask for you to wear so know one will poke fun of your drooling and lazy eye.

3rd, There are no veteran grease pit cleaners, only the chimps who hate it and the asshole bosses who send them out in the middle of the night to do it.

You are the exception.
I agree most have not figured it out yet, at least not to the degree you have.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Don't worry about the stage fright. If you believe in what you are talking about, then let your knowledge come out. Tell your story. You're not a newbie if you are doing more in just restaurants than most of the people here do in all work combined.
The reason Cintas is going to take so many accounts from people is that they know the contact people and how to get the work. You have the scoop and it wuld be extremly valuable to take a class on this.

Ecupirate69

Name
Willie smith
Lol, I really don't know how much im supposed to make. But I want to get to 5k a month. I will be using a everest 650 to clean. Rotovac 360xl . I have 2 cleaners that are IICRC certified. Truckmount is being installed now.

My plan is to go after restaurants to get immediate cashflow then through E.D.D.M target high income neighborhoods to penertrate residential market.
Im exited and scared at the same time!

So how much do I need to make an hr to reach 5k a month?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My plan is to go after restaurants to get immediate cashflow then through E.D.D.M target high income neighborhoods to penertrate residential market.
Two distinctly different markets.

Commercial is all price based with them wanting the best possible job...for the money. Very cut throat with little cleaner loyalty.
Residential is much more value based. They are willing to pay more, often much more compared to commercial but they demand a higher level of service and attention to detail.

I'm not saying you can't do it but its certainly going to get foooked up somewhere along they way.

If you focus on commercial your tech's will be all about production, fast moving, fast cleaning which is NOT anything like residential cleaning.
You could pair apartment/property management type cleaning better with commercial. Or scrap the commercial and just go after the mid to high end clients. ???

Good luck! Try not to fook it up! :winky:

P.M.
lemme know when you want to fire sale that Everest! :icon_razz:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom