the secret to your success...

Mikey P

Administrator
What do you credit your great game to?

Im too smart to be a carpet cleaner, but this recession proof business is just too easy to kick ass in..

My competition are morons.

My lady killer personality.

My Zipper and big blower.

My wife's job.

SFS, Polish and Partridge..

If 35k a year in profit is considered success, then it must be my perseverance..

Water damage.

MB.

I inherited or bought the turn key buisness.

Coupons, lots of coupons..

Really, really good luck.

Buisness major in college.

Google.

Im really good looking..

Systems, systems, systems..

Bought a franchise.

I it on the internet.

Or...

Reactions: laura@legendbrands

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
All the Blue shirts I own :)

And a bunch of luck ....

Some hard work and never give up attitude....

Community presence with the Big Blue Vans....look like a parade and circus coming through town :)

I shower a couple times a day and brush my teeth :biggrin:

And do have to say, we do work at it everyday... meaning we are always trying to figure it out if we are doing it correctly each day so our business with thrive and support all the mouths we are trying to feed with this little family business.....

The equipment just makes the job easier to keep up with demand :)

And we DO like our cleaning toys :rockon:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My Success came when:
I got rid of my ego-- stopped making excuses-- I became determined That Only The Best will Do-- Even If I lost money on Some jobs.. And While running my business with these Guildlines I managed to serve some people who became cheerleaders for my business and helped it grow.. And I was a Decade ahead of the "Green Eco friendly thing"
Oh and I Bought a Vortex.

But I think my continued success is just based on Momentum.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
4:5 people in the cleaning industry are AGAINST marketing/sales.
Its like saying you want a healthy lifestyle but are against exercise and healthy eating. :dejection:

Just do the basics and keep your conspiracy theories and personal beliefs out of the business.
Not about what i like personally but what will make a profit.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Not wanting to work for someone else.. ever... again.

And I'm to smart to be a carpet cleaner, I like that one.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Been in business for ten years. Eight of it my area was in the recession/ depression. I'm still in business. I have a savings account with more than I ever had with a job. I paid my taxes with one payment. I don't think of what my check is going to every 2 weeks and I don't have to put up with anyone for more than 5 hours. If I do I must be making a lot of $$ and as long as you are paying me that much I can deal with it for a day. I'm not rolling in cash or by any definition successful but a job would suck the life out of me.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Work as hard as you can everyday. If your not good at something, keep trying and never give up. (typing for me) Don't get stuck in your comfort zone.
Treat everyone how you would like to treated. Always do the best job you can no matter what!
I don't consider myself successful yet and that keeps me moving forward.

Ohh.. And my Zipper and BIG blower :rockon:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Secret to my success? My son, my father, and some great friends who are like family to me along the way. Many of you have read it before but a little 5 years ago now I was about to become a father and due to circumstances that were ultimately my fault I was living in my car 1600 miles from "home". Two people who you all know, John and Lora Olson, took a chance on me and took me in to get me on my feet. I was able to get home to see my son be born and came back to Utah and started revamping their website. It was at that point my business was born.

I had to work a part time job to supplement my income up until 3 almost 4 years ago and I absolutely hated that job as I was a mall cop for a dying mall with little to no traffic. I had a phone conversation with Uncle Larry(Ruff Hewn) and he bluntly told me to "find my balls, make the leap, and ditch the job" - and so I did. If you ever need a reality check Larry is one to shoot straight from the hip.

When I was younger and told my dad I wanted to be like him when I got older, he would always tell me to be better than he is/was. Those words pass through my mind daily and I love nothing more than making my parents proud as many of my siblings unfortunately seem not to care much.

The pure desire of not wanting to fail and to never be living in a car again is a large motivator for myself as well. I want my son to see what can be achieved by hard work and motivation and hope that I can give him the tools to surpass what I have done and will do in my lifetime. When I set goals and reach them is motivation as well, even more so when I don't 100% hit those goals. I have grown my customer base simply by doing what others won't, being honest, and caring more about other people's businesses than my own. When I take care of my clients, my business is successful and grows without much effort. I'm not rich but I am comfortable and that makes it easier to sleep at night when I'm not working of course.

I think the #1 secret to success is having a loving and supportive family and friends who believes in you and your goals as much as you do. It isn't easy putting up with us entrepreneurs so make sure that when you get a chance that you let those people know how much you appreciate them.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I think the #1 secret to success is having a loving and supportive family and friends who believes in you and your goals as much as you do. It isn't easy putting up with us entrepreneurs so make sure that when you get a chance that you let those people know how much you appreciate them.

It's very encouraging to have friends and family who believe in you and support your goals. They are always there for you when you need them the most, with open ears and open hearts! The true passion for success will always be within yourself. Without a little passion, determination, and most importantly, self satisfaction; you will never reach what most people consider to be "their success".

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OHH YAA DINK......the secret to yor success was my motivation speech to you while trapped in my car from Pittsburgh...

Name
Nate W.
You sound like one of my employees.. Last week I got him 43 hours he said he only NEEDS like 30 or so..:dejection::hopeless: That is after I gave him a raise!:evil:

I only like to work 20 hour weeks.... Hell, I just like getting paid to show up..... :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom