Service Monster

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I will also be using service monster real soon.

Thanks for posting the info Kevin.

Brian, any updates on it?

This has probably been answered already, but does service monster have a "payment" option for you to accept credit cards, or you'd have to just use whatever merchant/method for it, for instance quickbooks, paypal, other merchants. I guess what i am asking is if it has an option on the actual service monster screen for the credit card payment option or you got to switch screens for it if you are paying online on a laptop. This is for the people that use laptops in the homes/vans, not calling with the card number over the phone.

Also, when you have a route(van) and a main hub(office) where both are running service monster, how fast can one send the info to the other, say for "dispatching" a new appointment, or updating a clients file. Is it as fast as regular email? This would save alot of time so you wouldn't have to go back to the office and type everything in. Would the route(van) have access to the main hub's(office) service monster account on their own laptop service? If so that would be nice for o/o's that have a family team, but i'm not sure if you'd want your employee having complete access to the office's service monster file. Would be nice to know, that way the route van can still update any info related to that client(account) but the access would be somewhat limited.

klewis4

This has probably been answered already, but does service monster have a "payment" option for you to accept credit cards, or you'd have to just use whatever merchant/method for it, for instance quickbooks, paypal, other merchants. I guess what i am asking is if it has an option on the actual service monster screen for the credit card payment option or you got to switch screens for it if you are paying online on a laptop. This is for the people that use laptops in the homes/vans, not calling with the card number over the phone.

We've been using Service Monster since October. Love it.
It allows you to record a customers payments and methods of payment. There is no linkage between Service Monster and the CC authorizer. We use touch tone entry of credit cards at the customer's home. We record the authorization number on our copy of the invoice and also into Service Monster when we complete the work order at the end of the day. For security reasons, we do not keep the customer's CC# ever.

If you already do CC authorizations on your laptop, you will continue to do it that way. You should record the authorization number somewhere (I recommend Service Monster's Payment screen. There is a field for Payment Reference you can use for this purpose).

Also, when you have a route(van) and a main hub(office) where both are running service monster, how fast can one send the info to the other, say for "dispatching" a new appointment, or updating a clients file. Is it as fast as regular email? This would save alot of time so you wouldn't have to go back to the office and type everything in. Would the route(van) have access to the main hub's(office) service monster account on their own laptop service? If so that would be nice for o/o's that have a family team, but i'm not sure if you'd want your employee having complete access to the office's service monster file. Would be nice to know, that way the route van can still update any info related to that client(account) but the access would be somewhat limited.

As I think has been mentioned already, Service Monster is an Internet Application. The information lives on Service Monster's (Principal Focus) computer. Anytime something is updated, it's immediately available to users in your company whether they access Service Monster at the office or remotely on a laptop (You cannot use Service Monster from smart phones....I've tried it on my iPhone and it doesn't work). Though, if something changes in a route, you should call the technician on a cell phone. Service Monster does not generate automatic emails for route changes....though the person at the office could recreate the route packet and email it to the field team.

As for Access, Service Monster has six basic user types or "security roles". Based on which one you set the user up as, that determinse the level of access. For instance, a technician only has a role that allows them to see the scheduled jobs. They are restricted from seeing the entire account database or generating any "extract" files.

Service Monster is great. Mainly for the things Kevin McCreary has already highlighted. My backround before getting into this business was ERP software for large companies. I looked at about six systems before selecting Service Monster. It's a great value. It's also supported well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Kevin M and Daniel

F' both of you. At least I got some free marketing. :mrgreen:

Update,
The site rocks...so much info on your customers and what to do with them.
I love the automatic thankyous and reminders.
The scheduling is better than what I was using.
I only have one route but can schedule as many jobs at one time as I want.

All the info from my QuickBooks worked out.
The invoices are really pro and easily generated and completed.

The reports and graphs are great and separates all my different sources for the lead so I can see which campaign is working best.
The difference on the reports from QB is it's right on the Frontpage "Dashboard" and it's really cool or dare I say fun to see how your business is doing day to day at a glance.

It also lets me know how I am doing for the month on the dashboard and compares me to last month...QB I would have to download a report everyday.

The scheduling for the day pops right up on the dashboard as well as outstanding invoices

There is more...and I haven't even been to training yet.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks Kelly and Brian.

Sounds like the one to go with. 8)

Here is a tip for you when breaking your customers down. You will have to let the people at servicemonster know before you import all of your data. I break my customers down into three categories (home-owners, non-homeowners, and commercial). This way you are not sending marketing pieces to rental properties etc. If you want to, you can do a mailing just to renters every now and then and see what happens. Same for commercial. The thing I like most about service monster is the billing feature. At the end of the month or whenever you can create a billing statement for every customer that ows you money (mostly commercial accounts) and email them a statement. I no longer send statements in the mail. I email them instead.

I also like the reports you can create with the program. I like the feature that shows you how much business the past 30 days was repeat customers or new customers and whether they were referrals or basically a report showing how they got your number. You can then repeat you strongest campaigns and fix the ones that are not working as well. I know a lot of guys that brag how much repeat and referral business they get when in reality they get very little. Well, now you will actually know what the exact numbers are.

The best 50 bucks a month I have ever spent on my business. My gross is more than likely going to double this year just because of service monster.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Can I list them as Renters, Home Owners, Commercial after?
How do I do that?
I know I can list the commercial stuff.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Brian Robison said:
Can I list them as Renters, Home Owners, Commercial after?
How do I do that?
I know I can list the commercial stuff.
You can create your own categories They are called groups and sub groups
For instance I have 2 groups and 5 subgroups. The groups are residential and commercial
the subgroups are carpet cleaning, air duct cleaning, tile & grout cleaning, upholstery cleaning
and restoration.

It helps you for marketing down the road and in my case I display the sub group on the schedule
in the colored box (time slot box) so at a glance you can tell what service you are providing
so we don't book carpet cleaning and duct cleaning for the same truck.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Got it I am sub catagorizing my custy's as I come accross them.

I am learning more and more cool stuff about it every day.

did you know the darker the color in the scheduling means the further away from the office the job is? Go figure.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Brian Robison said:
Got it I am sub catagorizing my custy's as I come accross them.

I am learning more and more cool stuff about it every day.

did you know the darker the color in the scheduling means the further away from the office the job is? Go figure.

At a glance you can schedule light to dark or dark to light or keep all the colors grouped
together so you don't have to drive around hells half acre. It makes a huge difference in
efficiency for a mostly one trucker like me.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Also when giving an estimate even if they don't book the job with your company
keep their info on your prospect list for future marketing to prospects.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Its a huge help if you can get e-mail addresses.

You can generate free e-mail reminders and campaigns.

Billing statements too!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Kevin McCreary said:
Its a huge help if you can get e-mail addresses.

You can generate free e-mail reminders and campaigns.

Billing statements too!

I will be utilizing the email campaigns when I get into the mailing part of the program.
I am still just learning the scheduling and all that.
Don't have alot of time during the day.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I sent out an email campaign.....which is free (or included in the monthly fee, whatever)

It only went out to 120 or so customers...I have been lagging on getting email address'

Either way, I scheduled 3 jobs from it.
1 of which was an Estimate that was getting old and she emailed me right away.

Amazing tool Service Monster is (in my best Yoda voice)

If you are looking for a 50 dollar a month tool to up your image and your sales

I would recommend this damn thing highly.

I am learning new stuff everyday.
Fly out here and I will show you the program.
Pretty F'ing cool...ok, I'm done.

Name
Kevin McCreary
To me its crazy how many cleaners I have talked to who are skeptical or too afraid to change what they are doing now.

I cant imagine not having all of the useful tools it has given me. It also helps systematize everything for future expansion.

It was also the biggest, best change I have ever made in my business (better than a vortex) that was so easy.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Man, the home dashboard is really cool

Lays out all my jobs for today, what ads are doing best and how much

How many new customers, ratios of new to old and residential to commercial

Outstanding balances, Estimates

How many work orders I have for future jobs

I think I just wet myself. :|

Name
Kevin McCreary
Check the reports page tab you will more than wet your pants!
More info than you will ever need at the click of a button!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Kevin McCreary said:
Check the reports page tab you will more than wet your pants!
More info than you will ever need at the click of a button!

Yea I know about all that too.
I just love the simplicity of it.
I might have to buy stock.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Kevin McCreary said:
Did you customize your invoices yet with disclaimers and stuff?

I've done my logo and some changes to format.

What do you do for giving the copy to the customer? Do you fill out two of them right there and give one to them for a reciept?

I wish I could print those cool two part invoices.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Thats the only bad thing I can say. Is you have to write everything twice or use carbon copy.

I keep the first copy and make notes and mistakes on it, the second copy I write perfect

and give it to the customer as a receipt.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I guess this goes back to keeping a laptop and a printer in your vehicle.

I am really going to look into a printer that will print through to the second copy.

hell, printers do it.

I hear they are expensive as all hell.

Lately I just have my printer print my invoices in the two part stuff and write it up for the customer. Then I create the invoice in the program and then I can email or fax a prettier copy to the customer. I usually only do this for commerical or if the home owner isn't home when we are done.

Why isn't this a bigger problem with every one.

HEY MIKEY....how do you do it?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Update,
Still loving this program. My tracking has never been this good.

Starting the "Fill My Schedule" thing tomorrow.

Prices are great and what I have actually held in my hand was some of the best quality printing I have seen.

Seriously, like wedding invitation quality.

Every CCer O/O and more should be using this program.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom