Persistent Parker Parflex Pinhole Problem

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have my own manual crimper. Even at 1000 psi I have never had a problem with re-crimps. I have even used the field repair fittings with very good success.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
If the barb (inside the crimp end) has a sharp edge and the hose is bending, this barb will cut the inner hose and thereby release water through the exterior weep holes.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Steve Lawrence
Been using Parflex for years, too, but never a problem as you describe . I also use heat trapping bend restrictors with no problem on my hi heat Butlers. Maybe it's defective.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
SamIam said: ↑
I bought two no problems, What was Matts problem?
I had mine hooked up to the tm. It got too hot. So now I have it hooked up to a 25ft hose that’s connected to the tm

The "buffer" hose is key.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have had a pinhole leak 20' from the end, but we sometimes run over 240º thru it.

I will say this - the Parker does not burn the lawn, and steel braid will when you are getting some serious heat.

We make sure not to lay the solution line in the grass just to be safe.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Bob- You obviously aren't running 240 degrees through your hose if you aren't burning grass with Parflex. It certainly burns grass.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
you have to use parker crimps with parker hose. Also its 3 years old and yes I know you ordered some and I still do not have my damn order from my supplier %#^^W#^@$@^$

Mikey P

Administrator
So I got the official Parflex crimp in and had the locals install it after cutting another foot off.

When I first fired it up 3 pin hole leaked barely spritzed out then everything settled in and all is well, for now

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom