Persistent Parker Parflex Pinhole Problem

Mikey P

Administrator
A 3 year old, 110' run of Parflex finnaly got a case of the pinhole warning leaks at the machine end.
I had the local Hydraulics shop cut off a foot and re-crimp

3 times now after a day of use the pine holes come back under the solid rubber bend restrictor.

Never ever seen this happen before with well over a decade of Parfex use on three trucks..

Have you?

Mikey P

Administrator
Get Cobbs Thermoplastic hose.

@Matt Wood had problems with it.

I've gone through miles of Parflex without issues.

Our only hose provider doesnt deal with Parker so I may be going back to steel braided..

20180711_170027.jpg

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
A 3 year old, 110' run of Parflex finnaly got a case of the pinhole warning leaks at the machine end.
I had the local Hydraulics shop cut off a foot and re-crimp
3 times now after a day of use the pine holes come back under the solid rubber bend restrictor.
Never ever seen this happen before with well over a decade of Parfex use on three trucks..
Have you?

Are you running it(parker) right off the tm?

I've had no issues, same parker for over 5 years. Just got some new hose(parker) and it has no memory issues what so ever. It's great. I run 50' of steel braid off the truck then the parker.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Yeah, but I need a reliable local patcher..
Are you dealing with a franchised hydraulic company?
I had problems getting crimps done properly because it wasn't their hose that I was bringing in and they were always blowing. They kept saying we dont have the tech specs on that hose you have to buy ours its better.. one of their techs said on the side take it to someone else your getting the standard bs franchise line

sassyotto

Name
Paul
no problems here but I switch mine out every year or two. I sell the old one on ebay for 50% of new. Theres always a cleaner that wants something cheap, so its like getting new hose for 50% off! Then I never have to worry if its gunna bust on me.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Is the hose being bent too much where it exits machine - manufacturers recommendation is "Minimum Bend Radius (mm) 38"

WE have been using this hose for many years and get a long life out of them. When we do get pin-holes it is usually anywhere along the length and a sign that it's up for replacement - usually the external cover has got manky and split well before any pinholes appear.

roro

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
did it bubble on/just past the crimp?
Or randomly down the line?
It bubbled right at the machine where it was hooked directly to just past the crimp in one big bubble. So I hope it doesn't happen again, since it's no longer hooked up directly to the tm

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
that seems possibly more like a crimping fault not so much the hose?

Read my post 5 or so above, I had that prob with 1 of Joes hoses till I took it elsewhere.

Not saying his is the "best" but the problems faded when I went elsewhere for crimping

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom