Operation Vortex/Aerotech "FENSTER-STEIN" is underway

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Nate, I did rebuild the the blower pictured, it came out of an 05 A/T with Low hours.
It didn't need a rebuild, but was filthy. So I took it apart, had everything but the gears put in a parts tumbler and put all new bearings, and reset the tolerances.

I ordered a new 6mp from Gardner Denver Louisville, but they said it could take 2 months as they are back ordered...
So I may just stick this in and swap it out for the new one whenever it arrives... or keep the new as backup.

Tmdry, I think ive settled on a 165 gal Horizontal tank from usplastics: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/files/drawings/8815.pdf

Reactions: tmdry

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Yes. The only advantage the new one will have is its the 6MQ (5db less noise) series and is dual splash.

Last edited:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
What model do you have?

99 777 w/ rectangle tank and lockhart's 59 blower.

The owner had another 99 777 but had dual round tanks and the fresh water/blower silencer were in between both tanks, the hose reels were to the right of it. (just like yours).

Mine is when you're looking from the left to right is waste tank, hose reels, blower/silencer than fresh water tank.

Last edited:
Reactions: AshleyMckendree

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
he hasn't used that truck hardly at all. you need to go thru it and check everything out.

1. find a shop that will paint the whole truck for less than 2000 or wrap it.

2. order wheel simulators from wheel simulators.com, tell him i sent you and get hooked up!

3. clean up the floor with a wire wheel on a grinder. call me i will tell you what worked best for me.

4. make sure your seals on your vac tank are good and your not loosing vac.

5 change out you waste tank filters.

6. when you get some money, we need to upgrade you vac system with larger plumbing so you can really feel the 59 blower.

7. change all filters and oils on truck, even if he said he already did it.

8. call me and i can walk you through you diverter valve cleaning and maintenance.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
he hasn't used that truck hardly at all. you need to go thru it and check everything out.

1. find a shop that will paint the whole truck for less than 2000 or wrap it.

2. order wheel simulators from wheel simulators.com, tell him i sent you and get hooked up!

3. clean up the floor with a wire wheel on a grinder. call me i will tell you what worked best for me.

4. make sure your seals on your vac tank are good and your not loosing vac.

5 change out you waste tank filters.

6. when you get some money, we need to upgrade you vac system with larger plumbing so you can really feel the 59 blower.

7. change all filters and oils on truck, even if he said he already did it.

8. call me and i can walk you through you diverter valve cleaning and maintenance.

Thank you!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lockhart sure knows his shit and can be extremely helpful. Just don't ask him for an autograph, he'll clip you for a fiddy. That speach just went to his head! :p

Reactions: tmdry

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Brad, did I tell you about the 100lbs hair monster I pulled out of the tank the day after I stole her from you?
That stupid "X" baffle on the bottom of the tank caught EVERYTHING!

My Elephant bark flooring arrived today, I saved $1300 over going with line-x. Still plan on acid-priming the floor to seal it good.

And eastwood sent me a replacement plasma cutter that should arrive tomorrow, so I can start tearing at this thing again!

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Got the replacement plasma cutter, welded the drain in
atepemen.jpg
y2a4u3e9.jpg
pepe2y2u.jpg
da8y5y6a.jpg
bary6y7a.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ashley,

Do you think the weight difference between the original tanks vs the poly ones would make a big difference in weight savings/gas savings?

Are you going w/ the newer AT/V panel since you're not using the V's fresh water tank anymore?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Ashley,

Do you think the weight difference between the original tanks vs the poly ones would make a big difference in weight savings/gas savings?

Are you going w/ the newer AT/V panel since you're not using the V's fresh water tank anymore?

I'm having a custom panel water jet cut, with our V's having the puny 135 hp engine, we need all the help we can get :)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm having a custom panel water jet cut, with our V's having the puny 135 hp engine, we need all the help we can get :)

Nice!

Will look fwd to seeing how that turns out.

Yes, one of my main trucks has a 5.7 gas and it's night and day difference in power lol

J

JS41035

Stainless can be tricky. But I like to go a little hotter and faster on the thick stuff. It's funny how fast you lose it. I was making a stainless mounting bracket for the waterbox on a 405. Hadn't run the tig in a few years. Got counterproductive real fast. :)

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom