New Butler insider info... Atlanta show reveal

F

FB7777

A tiny bit concerned about the load being off balance.
Agreed

Also, they could mount the solution line to the front of the waste tank and enlarge the tank on the base to distribute the weight more evenly and increase the capacity

I'd skip,the rear shelves, where are you going to hang additional solution and vacuum lines? And why are the wheel wells wrapped in stainless? What purpose does that serve other than aesthetics?

rick imby

Name
Rick
Can you imagine a nearly full fresh tank, a full waste tank, and Marty driving? OMG the movie trick of driving a vehicle on two wheels becomes a reality....

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
A tiny bit concerned about the load being off balance.
I ordered a Butler system built on a 3500 GMC cutaway chassis in 2004. It had a 210 fresh tank and a 210 waste tank placed in this configuration. When you filled the tanks up it would lean hard to the left so I took it to a truck scale and of course the front left wheel was very overloaded. Butler fix was to sent me a switch that would limit the fresh water tank to 110 gallons of water:hopeless:. I had to install Air inflatable spring supports to get the truck to ride level, I would be concerned as Marty stated about overloading the front axle.

Reactions: FB7777

rick imby

Name
Rick
I ordered a Butler system built on a 3500 GMC cutaway chassis in 2004. It had a 210 fresh tank and a 210 waste tank placed in this configuration. When you filled the tanks up it would lean hard to the left so I took it to a truck scale and of course the front left wheel was very overloaded. Butler fix was to sent me a switch that would limit the fresh water tank to 110 gallons of water:hopeless:. I had to install Air inflatable spring supports to get the truck to ride level, I would be concerned as Marty stated about overloading the front axle.

Now that is funny...

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare
Name
Steve Lawrence
I wondered about the weight not being evenly distributed also. So I am guessing the fresh water shutoff button is on the side of the shelf... So its wired to the tank somehow? I'm not big on change... I had to replace my fresh water tank on my truck, cant imagine having to change one of these with this configuration.

Probably wasn't a Butler, right. I've never had to replace/repair a Butler water tank for 23 years I've owned their units.

F

FB7777

Was it a tank construction issue?

Like Steve experience, the Butle fresh water tanks are durable. I have a 15 yr old tank that is still in great condition. Stainless is great. Although the new poly tanks are probably gonna last forever as well.

Hydra master does a very good job of balancing the weight evenly, Butlers new proposed design does raise the question

Would be nice to hear their thoughts , this company typically evaluates changes exhaustingly before implementing

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
Was it a tank construction issue?

Like Steve experience, the Butle fresh water tanks are durable. I have a 15 yr old tank that is still in great condition. Stainless is great. Although the new poly tanks are probably gonna last forever as well.

Hydra master does a very good job of balancing the weight evenly, Butlers new proposed design does raise the question

Would be nice to hear their thoughts , this company typically evaluates changes exhaustingly before implementing
I don't know what the issue was, I took it out and sent it back. They told me later they found the problem but didn't tell me what it was. I'm thinking just a bad weld somewhere. This is my 4th Butler and problem the most troublesome I've had. I think it was built on a Friday. Ha!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Can you imagine a nearly full fresh tank, a full waste tank, and Marty driving? OMG the movie trick of driving a vehicle on two wheels becomes a reality....
The thing is, if your waste tank is full, your fresh water tank should be empty. You should never be driving with both full.

Reactions: rick imby

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That is ideal but not always the case. I filled my fresh water tank at my last job today without emptying my waste tank, so currently they are both full.
So you're carrying 2000 lbs of water plus the weight of your cleaning unit, hoses, chemicals and whatever extra gear you have in the truck. Do you think you may be overloaded?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
For a short distance, it's not going to kill your truck but you are pushing the limits. Think of your engine/transmission/brakes especially if you live in a hilly area.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So if you end up with both tanks full you have aprox 3200lbs of water, your 405 probably weighs at least 1000 lbs for 4200lbs, plus your hoses/chemicals/wands and extra tools, and when you put your fat ass in there, you are exceeding the weight limits of even the 1 ton extended wheelbase savanna. I'm not saying you can't do it but it comes at a price whether you believe it or not

Name
Lee Stockwell
Why would I ever have both tanks full? I'm legal to 10,000#, usually scales at 8400 or so loaded.

I do miss my diesel E350 extended.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That is ideal but not always the case. I filled my fresh water tank at my last job today without emptying my waste tank, so currently they are both full.
Why would I ever have both tanks full? I'm legal to 10,000#, usually scales at 8400 or so loaded.

I do miss my diesel E350 extended.
That's exactly what I was saying, is that you don't want to end up with both full at the same time. Robert was saying that he filled his truck up at his last job before dumping his waste tank. To me that doesn't make sense because you can't use it until you dump the waste tank. Better to fill up when and where you dump. I guess it is not always possible, ( I have the luxury of having a shop where I can dump and fill) I'm just saying you have to watch your load limits. Regular Chevy Savanna 3/4 ton is 3200 lbs and 1 ton is 4200 lbs. aprox.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
That's exactly what I was saying, is that you don't want to end up with both full at the same time. Robert was saying that he filled his truck up at his last job before dumping his waste tank. To me that doesn't make sense because you can't use it until you dump the waste tank. Better to fill up when and where you dump. I guess it is not always possible, ( I have the luxury of having a shop where I can dump and fill) I'm just saying you have to watch your load limits. Regular Chevy Savanna 3/4 ton is 3200 lbs and 1 ton is 4200 lbs. aprox.
It is all about running efficiently, I always keep the water tank full. When I get to a job I can be setup and running in less than 5 minuets. I don't have to search for water, I can get one of my team members to hook up when the have a spare minuet. Time is money!!!

Reactions: BLewis and KevinL

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It is all about running efficiently, I always keep the water tank full. When I get to a job I can be setup and running in less than 5 minuets. I don't have to search for water, I can get one of my team members to hook up when the have a spare minuet. Time is money!!!
That's how we do it too! Get the cleaning going and then find water when necessary.

Reactions: ronbeatty

Robert Webb

Name
Robert Webb
You guys are killing me... Your making a big deal over me filling my tank after the 4th job of the day. I was in a nice subdivision and didn't want to empty my waste tank while I was there, I'm pretty sure my van was fully capable of waiting till my night job to take care of the waste water. I replace my vehicle every 5 years with a new Butler and have never had an issue, I haven't even replaced brake pads on any of my last 2 trucks. This one is 3 years old and I still have 75% pad left. I was only concerned that the new setup might cause an issue with the weight distribution.

Reactions: ronbeatty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom