New business card complete... #procrastinator

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
after 2 years with the new logo, i finally got around to making up biz cards with the new logo. i went with a former carpet cleaner who many of you know from our ICS days, Phillip Newell. Phillip has a great new(er) sign business called Sign Amigo. his designs kinda have a retro feel to them, so it was perfect for what i was looking for.

y'all had advised me to drop the pic of myself and the kids, to give my card a more "business" feel since i target CGD. i asked him to give me something really simple but eye catching. your thoughts / critiques?

1small.jpg2small.jpg

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I like it...but you have a lot of "real estate" you could be using on the back of the card. I don't see a need to have the logo on both the front and the back. Maybe you can remove the one on the back and list all the services you offer. I would assume that you do more than just carpet cleaning. And are you truly only a commercial carpet cleaner....you could be excluding lots of clients by only listing commercial and not residential.

Clean lines....great colors. Well done!

Reactions: Derek

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Just my thought...

I didn't realize the name of your company was Beyer's Carpet Care until I read your last name. I prefer something that makes the company name POP!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Meg, i kept a thousand or so of my old cards with the nieces and me, for the occasional resi prospects...they still have the old logo tho but that's fine.

thanks for the feedback y'all!

here's a few pics of the inside of van, at least from the side door...nothing fancy. we sleep in the van when we go camping, got back last week and loaded it back up so all those boxes are gone finally...a little more orderly in there now. i'll put the small amount of equipment i own in my sig.

20150603_162531.jpe
20150603_162437.jpe
20150603_162447.jpe
20150603_162458.jpe

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
never owned a John G machine haha. maybe someday, i am not sold on his ever-updating Trinty machines...waiting until they're done updating before i ever think seriously about it.

i do about 3 homes per month on average for the year.

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Nice. Agree with Ricjhard.
The front of the card is less clean, less balanced and more busy than the back, if one has to choose one over the other, it should be the other way around.
I assume the one on the left is the front.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Looks good Derek!

Philip did our van design. He really seems to know how to grab attention with simple but bold designs!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Nice. Agree with Ricjhard.
The front of the card is less clean, less balanced and more busy than the back, if one has to choose one over the other, it should be the other way around.
I assume the one on the left is the front.
true Ofer! i shoulda had him put my number on both sides :lol: :errf:

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I am surprise at how well the green pops with the blue. I don't think I would ever considered that color combo, but it looks real nice.

I am not a big fan of name and rank style business cards in general. I prefer more content. That being said it "looks" really good.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
can you elaborate please

Most business cards get thrown away as soon as the person gets home and empties their pocket.

I believe you have to have something on the card that gives them a reason to hold on to it, or even better take an action that puts them on your contact list.

I don't do a lot of commercial business so it could be different with a commercial marketing I am not really sure. I don't think putting "free quote" offers a lot of value. Everyone does a free quote. Free demo is better, but most offer that also.

Then again most people think my marketing is way to wordy (is that a word).

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I am surprise at how well the green pops with the blue. I don't think I would ever considered that color combo, but it looks real nice.

I am not a big fan of name and rank style business cards in general. I prefer more content. That being said it "looks" really good.
i stole the color scheme from the Seattle Seahawks. my resi cards are much more wordy with pics of fam. i'm told that this is better for commercial, which is my target.

Why so few?...

Don't people work where you clean?

Can you explain your resi process please.
the only way i could get more is to leave my cards on desks at our commercial accounts...i'm not comfy doing that. i'm also paranoid that i get 1 bad experience at said account, and then i lose it.

my process is typical OP cleaning: vac, prespray, dwell, OP with wet Gladiator pads, groom or post-vac. i'm certain a TM would do it a lot faster than me...a porty, not so much. i turn down cat urine contamination. dog urine i let them know it is only being treated topically. if there is strong odor i explain about the proper way to handle: pad replacement and subfloor sealing...things i don't offer. i am quick to refer these prospects over to another Mikey's boarder (Kevin Kluth..he doesn't visit too often) who lives nearby for a small finder's fee.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
LOL i made the mistake of mentioning the dreaded words about calling someone on the carpet back on ICS around 1999 or 2000. bain's lawyer emailed me to cease and desist using their slogan :dejection:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom