New ad I'm running next month

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
lol. I have access to as much equip as I want to borrow so I'm not worried about that. I'm building slow unless you want to finance it for me?? Move to fla and enjoy life a little. Just stay the hell out of my area lol

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I'd raise the minimum or train your guys how the sell so you can make at least $108.0 per job. (It just sounds goofy to me the way you have it) OR Man up and just give your clients 15% off the top, You can always make it up on an other, after the 1/2 hour $95 job small job make $400 on the next. No biggie.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
We don't up sell anything other than protector. Everything else is included in the price.

15% off is a bit steep unless its a slow time or something specials. No reason to give that much away unless you have to to get people to call.

We could stop advertising tomorrow and stay busy because of our customer base being so loyal and supportive. We are growing pretty fast so advertising is desired to continue our burst.

Not sure why a 100$ min charge doesn't make sense.

And 20$ off anything over that. Seems pretty simple and most people get it. At least my customers do

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I'd raise the minimum or train your guys how the sell so you can make at least $108.0 per job. (It just sounds goofy to me the way you have it) OR Man up and just give your clients 15% off the top, You can always make it up on an other, after the 1/2 hour $95 job small job make $400 on the next. No biggie.

wow..your kind of out there ya know..you say my ad sounds goofy with the 20 off special yet on your web site you have pretty much the exact same thing lol
15. off anything over 150.00 and 35. off anything over 245.00 why on gods green earth would you have any questions about my special when you have pretty close to the same thing? wow and where the hell did 245.00 come from?? man up and just make it simple at 250.00 whats 245.?? thats goofy

Reactions: Connor

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Royal what's your min charge? Ours has been 100$ for 7 years
$100 but I've been known to take out 1 spot for $80 if it doesn't involve bringing in any hoses (In and out) A $100 job doesn't happen more that a few times a year. Just too many other things that can be done if the client looks around a bit with a professional problem solver by their side (Umm.. ME!). Today one room turned into $470.00 BTW: you to have much more you can offer than just Teflon. A couple bedroom traffic areas alone, can be an easy $100 for every job.

Last edited:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thats about what a 100 dollar min is..we do a few a month tops and its always someone that has wood throughout and just wants a few br's done..takes less than 30 mins and they are happy..just because i have a 100 dollar min doesnt mean thats all i do..it means thats what it takes to get me to your house..

you can go do all the problem solving you can and work till you drop..i will train my guys to do it while im fishing..different business models but if working every day letting your business (job) run you is what you built it cool..i set my company up to run without me
so i can go play..i have lots of work and training involved but the right people are in place..i work while we are adding the 3rd truck building it up and add a new service but once everyone is trained up and back in place (by early summer) i, back to 1-2 days a week..

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Have you tried stating pricing in the ad and comparing your call volume to the ads with just a $ or % off a minimum?

You stated everything is included - you include stain work as well? If so how do you factor that in, whats your sq ft or room charge with the all inclusive offering?

Last edited:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Never ever have stated any prices in 7.5 years of business.

We charge .45 a sqft for carpet and .65 for tile-grout

We are grossly surrounded by hacks and every single ad you see is a low room price or hole house special for 59.99. To distance myself from them and capture the quality driven and not price driven I don't advertise prices

Our average room is 40$ for a br

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What if you changed the order, put your name first, then we are growing, then the sale then more info and finally contact info. I feel like Steve T. or Ken Snow when they tell me I've putting too much in it. Dave I'd consider cutting some of the text to give you some more white space. You sure got a lot of info in there! :winky:

Davesad.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
What if you changed the order, put your name first, then we are growing, then the sale then more info and finally contact info. I feel like Steve T. or Ken Snow when they tell me I've putting too much in it. Dave I'd consider cutting some of the text to give you some more white space. You sure got a lot of info in there! :winky:

Davesad.jpg
Usually an ad starts with an headline. A company name is not a headline. I do agree far too much copy. Very few will get through it. At least make it so it can be skimmed easily (2 seconds or less) and the prospect can still get the point.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I just felt like the company name was getting lost in the ad. If they don't read anything else I want them to read my company name.

Thanks for the correction though, that why you do use carpet cleaners as ad designers...other than Wayne Miller, who is excellent at it!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't think I have ever seen anybody post an ad on here that didn't cause them to get raked over the coals. Thank you for having the balls to post yours. If I saw enough ads on this board, I might, over time, learn how to become better at it myself.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's why I post them on here. I listen to all the comments and make the changes I agree with. Some things I leave the same but not without consideration to the comments.
As long as you don't have thin skin, the critics can be very helpful.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I don't think I have ever seen anybody post an ad on here that didn't cause them to get raked over the coals. Thank you for having the balls to post yours. If I saw enough ads on this board, I might, over time, learn how to become better at it myself.

I don't take it personal. Like Richard said I learn from it as well.
Also keep in mind what works for se won't work for others. Everyone needs to learn their target area and market the way their area wants to be marked to not the way someone learned from a seminar or class.

Dave could come to my area and try his run in the mill not out of the box generic marketing that every other cleaner does and not set himself apart and have a tough time keeping up.

I have researched and targeted my area to the point that I know what works and what my customers respond to and its not the usual stuff you see on tv at 1am like he just outlined.

I say do what works for you using some basic guidelines.

I can't get better if no one tells me what I'm doing wrong so don't take people critiquing you personally but also pick and choose who you listen to lol

Thanks for the adjustment advise guys
I appreciate you taking the time to do so

Reactions: Royal Man

Becker

Name
Becker
That dog is a star!

Zerorez uses it, and a number of other ads I've seen for carpet cleaning.

I even saw it on a van once.

Back
Top Bottom