Maxim advanced upholstery protector

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jim, by nature, god bless his heart, is oblivious to the concept of banter :winky:.

Hell Jim, Richard and I, if I may use his pigeon English- Is our life style.

I gamble. I am here, aren't I? And I am willing to bet half of Richard's monthly salary, to be collected from his wife. But no worries, had one listened to Rico's frequent rants, that wouldn't buy you more than a dinner. At Taco Bell. Or has he been pulling our legs?

I am quite sure Ron's wife will love that sofa.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Jim, by nature, god bless his heart, is oblivious to the concept of banter :winky:.

Hell Jim, Richard and I, if I may use his pigeon English- Is our life style.

I am willing to bet half of Ricard's monthly salary, to be collected from his wife. But no worries, had one listened to Rico's frequent rants, that wouldn't buy you more than a dinner. At Taco Bell. Or has he been pulling our legs?

I am sure Ron's wife will love that sofa.

LOL

You guys are priceless.....

Too bad Richard can't be with us in SF in March. It would be fun

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ofer has deep pockets. At Mikeyfest I follow behind him just picking up what drops out his pockets for dinner money. :winky:
You're confusing me with Michael, aren't you?
........... I don't gamble.
Chicken Little don't gamble!
What do you think you're doing every time you pick up the phone for water damage? :winky:

P.S. Anybody heard about the new living room decor, from Ron's wife yet?

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Glue Down .jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ron's in the garage right now inspecting the cushion....with a pucker rear end.
The cushion already belongs to me. Donated for experiments by one of my customers. I have cleaned it 4 times now with different formulas to try to cause problems. So far, when it dries, it looks great. I dry it with fans in close proximity. I will take a pic tomorrow to show you how it looks. What you are seeing in the pic is not only moisture but the light is behind me causing a shadow from my drying poles. No browning so far.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The cushion already belongs to me. Donated for experiments by one of my customers. I have cleaned it 4 times now with different formulas to try to cause problems. So far, when it dries, it looks great. I dry it with fans in close proximity. I will take a pic tomorrow to show you how it looks. What you are seeing in the pic is not only moisture but the light is behind me causing a shadow from my drying poles. No browning so far.
But are you SURE? Go look again. :winky:

Reactions: Old Coastie

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ron;

Regardless of which protector you use, do not use that "1400" hi-pressure airless sprayer.

It puts too much of the fluorochemical into the airstream.

60 psi is where you want to be.

It is good that you wear the respirator.
You are right Larry. The electric airless does put more mist in the air but it does break down the product in a finer mist than using an electric pump. For fine fabrics it's my preferred sprayer. For synthetics an electric sprayer would be great and give you a heavier coverage. I wear a respirator when spraying any type of protector. You don't want it covering your lungs.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Definitely browned it!! He's from BC ain't he?

Ron, that only proves that it causes liquids to bead. The proof is what happens when a liquid breaks that surface tension, how much dye protection it provides, how well it helps remove oily substances (prevent bonding) and how long it lasts.

All of these to be seen through the years.

But congratulations.
Did you have to buy it? :winky:
The main point of protector on fabric is to make spills bead and roll off. On this cushion, I was able to wipe off the koolaid with a towel. I cleaned it again just with some axiom detergent to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not really. One purpose is to bead (naturally if it beads it does not damage), which eventually it won't do, or may even not do from the beginning when really hot liquid or quantities hit it. And protect the fabric from accepting new dyes even when it does not bead anymore. + help release soil and stains more easily.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
You are right Larry. The electric airless does put more mist in the air but it does break down the product in a finer mist than using an electric pump. For fine fabrics it's my preferred sprayer. For synthetics an electric sprayer would be great and give you a heavier coverage. I wear a respirator when spraying any type of protector. You don't want it covering your lungs.

True, the fine mist is the problem.
It hangs in the air for a while & can harm pets, or other residents.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
What kind of sprayer are you using to apply the protector?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
What kind of sprayer are you using to apply the protector?

Some have found that using a foaming sprayer is helpful, especially on fabrics where low moisture is important. Foam allows good dwell time for the protector to be absorbed and to coat the fibers but does not allow free moisture to soak the fabric or the materials below the fabric.

Tom Forsythe, myself and some others have been doing some experimenting on this process.

Back
Top Bottom