LEGEND GT HELP!

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Hi guys I may have posted this a while back one of our units is the legend gt. I have replaced many of the parts over the years and honestly this little machine cleans carpet great! The problem is my techs struggle with tile and grout cleaning with the machine it seems to lack FLOW. I have replaced one of the heat exchangers... I have descaled and descaled and descaled... I have replaced the bypass valve and bought a brand new spinner.... All in all nothing helps.

I have a water otter that I have tested against the machine and the water otter puts out more water faster with better pressure.

what would you do the van goes out everyday and I am thinking about scraping it and starting over!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hi guys I may have posted this a while back one of our units is the legend gt. I have replaced many of the parts over the years and honestly this little machine cleans carpet great! The problem is my techs struggle with tile and grout cleaning with the machine it seems to lack FLOW. I have replaced one of the heat exchangers... I have descaled and descaled and descaled... I have replaced the bypass valve and bought a brand new spinner.... All in all nothing helps.

I have a water otter that I have tested against the machine and the water otter puts out more water faster with better pressure.

what would you do the van goes out everyday and I am thinking about scraping it and starting over!
I'd flow test the pump.

If it's doing all it's designed for then you need may want to use the otter for your tile jobs.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You also need to check the pump pulley size. It may have been geared for a certain speed and for more flow, it may need to run faster.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
ok I talked to my mechanic and he said the heat exchangers could not handle more pressure but I would like to do the pulley for sure!

What are the negatives for upgrading the pulley? As far as flow goes for carpet wouldn't the size jets on our wand control the flow to be the same?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
When I looked at the pump specs, it seems most are capable of going up to 3000 psi. My Boxxer pump can do 3000 psi at 4.5 GPM but limited to 1000 psi only. The issue is the plumbing systems. They are built with specific psi to operate, otherwise, you would risk damaging the plumbing systems.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
ok I talked to my mechanic and he said the heat exchangers could not handle more pressure but I would like to do the pulley for sure!

What are the negatives for upgrading the pulley? As far as flow goes for carpet wouldn't the size jets on our wand control the flow to be the same?
The pump has to spin at the proper rpm to get its maximum flow. The jets on the wand control how much of that maximum flow you are using. If you are using the general pump that I see on the new machines, it should be around 1200 psi and 3.5 GPM.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom