Just spoke with Groupon again

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They got in touch with me today and got some more info from me. I guess they're serious this time. lol

It reminds me of the first and only time I was "Really" in the pipeling.

This could hit....wish me luck. lol

Who said
"I Recommend biting off more than you can chew to anyone"
:?:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Matt...just for the record. My guys don't Pad Cap in the Roseville area.
They use Truck Mounts.

It's just something I do myself.

Don't want any rumors being started. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Uh oh...they just emailed me with a list of things to do to get ready for the Groupon fiasco.

Wish me luck.

I'm as giddy as a school girl. :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah I just contacted Full Circle and told them to be ready for them.

Should be interesting.

I may even ask that they start early that morning.....2 hours ahead here.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Bruce Humphrey said:
Groupon still not in my area

Probably a good thing Bruce... otherwise you would get caught up in the "sell by price, die by price" phenomenon that is the virtual Val Pak "whole house for a couple bucks" trap.

A qualifier is NOT house size - it is "homeowners only". Or targeted neighborhoods.

This is classic "blind archery trap" where you throw out pieces in every direction hoping to hit anything. Instead of being strategic and targeting the best game - you often end up with road kill... which if you are hungry enough, maybe you will eat.

There are ways to lead generate through referral networks where you don't have to dig a big hole first to make profit.

The only thing worse than having no jobs at all, is to have jobs where you are literally paying to work them.

Unless you have a strong system to wow and upsell into other services, this is a huge loss leader that may end up simply being a large loss. Even if you double or triple the $99 whole house price - that's still a loss.

It's certainly not how I'd go looking for qualified customers. But that's me. I like to be profitable. Go figure. =)

Lisa

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
sounds to close to bait and switch to me...

oh you mean you got x,y,z things...i am sorry this comes out to a,b,c

last time i checked when i pay $100 for something, i want my full $100 value....not someone coming in and trying to upsell me, because he only made $20

but thats just me....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They get the full value for what they pay...I wouldn't have it any other way.

But I don't care if we're making $500 on a job...we always offer our other services.

No high pressure sales...I can't say that enough.

Lisa, you pay for a customer whether it be before you get them, as you get them or after you get them.
Even if you pay for them with time....remember time is money and social Networking is a huge time consumer.

If someone throw 1000 customers at me and I am guaranteed a $10 profit each...why wouldn't I take it?

That's what I will put in the bank from each job aside from my regular company overhead.

The old fashioned way is quickly becoming old fashioned.

I would like to make money while I'm still young....but that's just me. I would like to enjoy it. Go figure.
!gotcha!

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Brian R said:

But I don't care if we're making $500 on a job...we always offer our other services.

Lisa, you pay for a customer whether it be before you get them, as you get them or after you get them.
Even if you pay for them with time....remember time is money and social Networking is a huge time consumer.

If someone throw 1000 customers at me and I am guaranteed a $10 profit each...why wouldn't I take it?

That's what I will put in the bank from each job aside from my regular company overhead.

I would like to make money while I'm still young....but that's just me. I would like to enjoy it. Go figure.
!gotcha!

This is the difference between your business reasoning and mine - 1,000 and a $10 profit, why not? Because I'd rather have 10 and a $1,000 profit - then I have much more time/energy/resources/enthusiasm to dedicate to those 10 so they are thrilled to come back, and to refer us.

I know Groupon works in the sense that it creates activity - my argument is only the "positioning." I market through education - so I have clients coming to me pre-sold and choosing me because of quality first, price second.

Someone choosing only because it's a super cheap deal - that is just not how I want to begin a partnership with a new client. And the "old fashioned" ways still work very well - and can be leveraged into online media just as easily as offline.

If it's what you want to do, that's great... but if you are worried about trying to make money while you are still young - you might consider a few insights from those who have already done that successfully.

I'm just trying to add a little perspective to the conversation.

Lisa

Here's my article on higher prices and better customers... just something to think about:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/35158272/CF-H ... er-clients

joe harper

Name
joe harper
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Brian R said:

!gotcha!

This is the difference between your business reasoning and mine - 1,000 and a $10 profit, why not? Because I'd rather have 10 and a $1,000 profit - then I have much more time/energy/resources/enthusiasm to dedicate to those 10 so they are thrilled to come back, and to refer us.

I know Groupon works in the sense that it creates activity - my argument is only the "positioning." I market through education - so I have clients coming to me pre-sold and choosing me because of quality first, price second.

Someone choosing only because it's a super cheap deal - that is just not how I want to begin a partnership with a new client. And the "old fashioned" ways still work very well - and can be leveraged into online media just as easily as offline.

If it's what you want to do, that's great... but if you are worried about trying to make money while you are still young - you might consider a few insights from those who have already done that successfully.

I'm just trying to add a little perspective to the conversation.

Lisa

Here's my article on higher prices and better customers... just something to think about:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/35158272/CF-H ... er-clients

"I agree with Lisa TOTALLY.."

Maybe he will listen to you....... :idea:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lisa I get it. And I totally agree with you about getting less customers for more money. But I hope for MORE customers for even MORE money.

But you have to know the only reason those people buy the Groupons is because Groupon makes them aware that they need it...something we all have a problem doing.
Sense of urgency and Groupon's promise of quality work or their money back.

The $10.00 per is only a start, Groupon brings that better grade of customer that we all want.....yes there will be a few low end but that's just the law of averages at work.

If you look at it as such you will see that Groupon is actually paying ME to advertise...but I don't expect most to understand that because of the fear of uncertainty.

Yes, I know that's the opposite of what I said in my other post...but you have to visit the inside of my head every once in a while. Ivebeensold

Groupon is marketed to female homeowners with money...plain and simple.
Perceived value is there before you get there....the amnesia of spent money...to only spend more.

These are people...they are not numbers...what goes on in the real world is seldom what takes place in the fear driven mind.

I love fear...I look for it....an adventure....I may even cry when it's all over but WGAS?

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I guess everyone has their own opinion..i am a single owner operator so I looked at the groupon. I guess it boils down to choosing fast nickles or slow dollars. I don't know which is better. I kinda got excited about having the prospect of all those new custy's and such.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom