Just spoke with Groupon again

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, so now they will only put a ceiling of 500 groupons sold (they won't let you set it lower). I've seen the low price cleaners sell over a thousand.

I'm working out a deal with them for a whole house special...with restrictions of course.

They are speaking with me because we did such a good job last time and with no complaints to Groupon from the customers.

But if I sell 1000...there's going to be some complaints. lol

You know I do this crap for you guys to test run the deal to see if it's worth it....oh and to possibly make a butt load of cash too. :mrgreen:

I'll let you know how it works out.

Groupon is too big and it takes months to get in....so if you're interstest, talk to them now.
You never know who's house you might walk into.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Welp...I just signed the contract

I can sell up to 500 ( I may change it to a higher amount...what the hell....you live once)

whole house up to 1500 square feet for $99.00 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Call me a hack now because I may not be able to respond once this thing hits. lmao!

That's a 1500 sqft house...not 1500 sqft of carpet...and stairs are not included.

I figure I will use my subs on most of them...but I will probably do 4 jobs a day myself just to make up for the low amount.

NO, I won't be able to give the subs 50% of $99.00 either...Groupon get's that
I will probably give them about $35.00 per job and then 50% of the upsells.

Let the beatings begin. shiteatinggrin

Bjorn

groupon gets 50% you charge your subs 50% any up sells you get 50% of that

where is the money

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Both the subs and myself will have to settle for less than 50%...bad deal.

The money is in the upsells.

one must have faith oh wise one.

Bjorn

since your not doing the cleaning all the risk is on the sub contractor

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
actually I just spoke to groupon yesterday, they wanted me to do a min of 400. I said no thanks, but then she said they have what's called groupon stores, where you have to have a following of 21 followers, fb, ect, you don't need a minimum then. So that's something to look into.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'll be doing 4 jobs a day myself when it hits....Brevick you really need to read my posts instead of imagining what I might have typed out.

It's a minimum of 500 for Dallas...I emailed them and told them to forget about the limit. If I sell 3000.....so be it. :shock:

As said......You live once

And like the greatest movie ever...Braveheart

"All men die, not all men truly live"

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
What are you going to tell the people with a 2000 Sq Ft house and 1500 Sq Ft of carpet.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've been talking to a lot of business owners around here about the whole groupon thing. Most seem scared of the onslaught of calls.

Brian, I have to hand it to you, it sounds like an adventure that's for sure!

Part of me wonders if a person could do a specialized package for half price. Say a basic cleaning, deodorization and protector for half price. That way part of the up-sells are already in there, lord knows there's plenty of markup on those things. That being said, I haven't run the numbers at all.......just blabbering.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Groupon people want low price

a $35.00 item will sell more than a $75.00 item...I'm not sure value matters too much on this.

I think by getting the happy medium you can keep the amount sold down to a do able level but still make some money.

The guy who ran a $40.00 4 room special on Groupon sold over 1300 of them.

I think with a $99.00 special I will sell about the same here.

I will surely keep you posted.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hoody said:
Does this include moving furniture or just traffic areas ?

Basic open area cleaning.

Pet urine etc will be more.
If we do the job for the price...we will still do a great job but any extra is....extra.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Both...

If by scrub and run you mean the high quality padcapping procedure that I personally use to completely satisfy the needs of customers who want clean carpets? !gotcha!

Burtz

padcapping is a joke and really has nothing to do with clean carpet just clean looking carpet

so or pets stains you gona use a shamwwow

v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm03Dgu_yXAv]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Living social and some other companies out there doing the same thing.

Just type in "deal of the day" in your area and see what companies come up.

Nothing is as big as Groupon...but that's not necessarily a bad thing

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Dirk said:
I've been talking to a lot of business owners around here about the whole groupon thing. Most seem scared of the onslaught of calls.

I would be as well. Can you imagine trying to schedule about 1000 people when they all get the same groupon code at the same time?

Brian - you are a leader! DOD (deal of the day) programs are not for everyone. They must be thought through. Sharing your thoughts and actual experiences will be great for the group; and remember that I will very shortly share a solution to the "Most seem scared of the onslaught of calls" issue. You will be able to allow them to schedule themselves ( CAN DO THAT RIGHT NOW) and up-sell themselves while they schedule. If they want to wait until you can give them a "Zig Zeigler" pitch, they'll wait for the show. The only problem is that you will have to come back another time, because there will be no time! Probably charge a trip fee as well.

As Burton Cummings of the Guess Who once said - "Stand Tall, don't you fall; for gods sake don't go and do something foolish. All you're feeling right now is silly human pride. ( I could go on, but I won't) :lol:

Bjorn

what bryian just might find out doing many of these jobs for next to nothing and then he might think a little better about the guys how take this shit on for 50% and next to nothing and the pure pressure of up-selling just to make ends meet. Trust me when he gives us the great report nothing but wine and roses

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I will give an honest report.....as always

You ferget Mr. Odin....I've worked for 50%....That's how I financed getting my Sacramento area started long ago.

Of course, I am the master salesmen in the home. :mrgreen:

So my 50% was probably more than your 100% :p

But that's right....it's Eeeeeeeeviiiiilleeeee to sell anything to anyone. :roll: !dork!

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
The maniacal business man in me wants to do one. I am always looking at worst case scenarios..where like i do 200 bucks worth of work for 50 bucks. I am thinking that It would work best for me if like what steve said, they can enroll the appointments online and do some upselling themselves. I can field phone calls no problem..i just get back to them when i do..one at a time. Right now as a one man crew..i probably avg about 75.00/hour per job. Most of them are minimum of 150.00 I just would like more..just celebrated 1 yr and did 229 jobs. I'm looking to grow more with my residential and also to start building a commercial business. I will probably give groupon a call just to pick their brain..i think if the deal is set up properly, it can be done very successfully. I'm just hesitant to commit.

Back
Top Bottom