I am criticized all the time on my price advertising

Name
Lee Stockwell
After nearly 30 years of SF pricing we've done well with pricing similar to yours. Usually $59/$29. People are too busy for "estimates", even if they are free.

With the price of fuel "free estimates" are six times as free as they were when I started.

People just want to get their carpets cleaned, not endure an "amway type" sales pitch.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I guess that is my point and with my growin company and the others saying even in a dying economy I am wrong to put a price on my product I am happy to do

Dave did you miss the testimonial:? I didn't just say I was the best I provided a testimonial

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greg said:
I want you guys to explain that when i advertise a price (which i am continually told not to) and when I am warm and fuzzy I get nothing but when I go basic black and price I am overwhelmed

I think the reason is probably you listed a price that was reasonable and people therefore knew what they were getting into.

You may have been overwhelmed with more customers because it was targeted towards lower end clients and they jumped on it.

Greg, there is no real way to tell you "why". But after seeing the one "feel good" ad I can tell you that there wasn't enough there for the customer to do anything.

No Call to action

The paragraphs run together with too much information.

And I still think your "Xtreme" name doesn't go with the "family" type ads.

But who knows?

There are too many variables to give you the exact reason....but that was my 2 cents.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Brian, brian , brian. This ad ran and as I said it was dated in the ads that was a draft which is basicly the same. The other one was open ended and just price(still trying to convert I can publish as PDF) The average income of this paper wopuld be about $150,000 a year and the average home price would be 750000-1500000

There aren't really any lower end customers in these towns. The avaerage home I went into with the price ad was about $1,000,000 and the other was close to that. I did find the ad with my name prompted previous customers to call but because they weren't new they weren't counted because they would be getting a postcard this week anyhow.

I knew which ad drew whom by the telephone number in the priced ad was a special number I bought from vonage and the others were how did you hear about us question

I would have been better off with no full ad and just www.duxburycarpetcleaning.com

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I guess what you are saying is price works....I get that.

But I think what most are saying is if you don't advertise price, you will be able to make more money on each job....and therefore don't need as many jobs.

I know you stated money...and that's what matters of course....but how hard did you work for one and not the other if you charged more for the un-advertised price customer?

Or did you charge the same for all customers?

If you charge the same no matter what then YES price will get you more customers AND more money...especially if your regular price is a low to fair price.

Hope I made sense on the difference. lol

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I didn't change the price I did offer freeprotector in the "feel good ad" so I didn't make as much money. I made no offer to the other except what I charge.

The test was would I make more money and the fact is people who chose price were actually willing to pay more when they knew they weren't getting screwed. They added tile, furniture and RVs but the people with the free estimate just bought carpet cleaning and were more aprehensive of an upsell

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Greg,

I've been trying to be nice about it. But, the first ad was crap.

It didn't even give the prospect a reason to call.

It was very confusing.

For instance what the hell is Extreme double clean? I don't know and I bet your prospects didn't have a clue either. The free stuff. Did it involve any cleaning or minimum service to receive them or were they just free?

The first ad didn't have a benefit headline. Or what was the headline? The headline gets the client's attention and starts pointing them through the sales process.

The second ad even though it was full of worthless puffer at least had the offer of price and give the prospect a reason to call.

It wasn't a very valid comparison between two types of ads .

It did show why ads should be tested and fine tuned.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Dave Yoakum said:
,,,, what the hell is Extreme double clean?

It wasn't a very valid comparison between two types of ads .

It did show why ads should be tested and fine tuned.

And that's the bottom line.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
again no one asked for your critique Dave. You were given the oppurtunity to help in the project and chose not too so **** off you molester looking loser

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I ran the whole thing by art while he was shirtless but I guess he doesn't remember

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Some limitations apply
-The bottle of carpet spotter is totally free with on-site quote
or at your time of our service.
-Offer is limited for home owners or office managers.
-Home Owner or Office Mananger must present at time of quote.
- Must be in our Lincoln Nebraska service area.

If I owned the building but didn't have an office manager could I get the spotter?
If I rented could I get the free spotter?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
XTREME1 said:
I want you guys to explain that when i advertise a price (which i am continually told not to) and when I am warm and fuzzy I get nothing but when I go basic black and price I am overwhelmed

XTREME1 said:
again no one asked for your critique Dave.

Greg why don't you look in the mirror and say hello to Mr No One.

You asked for help to explain your ad results. When others try to help you. You can't handle their sugestions.

You might might want to read a couple of books on creating ads.

Copy writhing for dummies might be a good pick.

(The name of the book is not intened as a slam.)

http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Copy-Dumm ... 0764569694

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom