I am criticized all the time on my price advertising

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I ran 2 ads for 6 weeks at a cost to me of $2,600 to see the difference between price and feel good advertising. I posted an ad in 3 local newspapers 1/3 of a of a page with wayne miller pictures and free spotters and in home estimates total take $435

I put an ad saying "simply the best carpet cleaning, best prices 4 areas $120 and guaranteed best prices and quality" all in black and white no pics over $5,000 same newspapers

Now I look at the Jon Don flyers lately and the thing they told me was don't advertise price but that is all they are doing with there price guarantees(don't take this as an assault on jon Don I am glad they are realizing we care what we pay)

I want you guys to explain that when i advertise a price (which i am continually told not to) and when I am warm and fuzzy I get nothing but when I go basic black and price I am overwhelmed

lance

If it works, it works.

Greg, how do you guarantee the best price? I would think that there are cleaners in your area offering $20-25 dollars an area (but I could be wrong)....what do you do if a potential customer brings this up?

And how long did the ads run?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The first ad had no offer, call to action, guarantee or not much else promoting a prospect to call.

Very bad copy!!

I don't know your numbers. Most companies with multiple trucks run around a 20% profit. But, if you have a 30% profit your ad campaign still lost your company around $2500.

Whatever works for you.

A better test would be to have better ad copy perhaps some positive client comments, other reasons to choose your company. Perhaps, trust easy of transaction and a guarantee.

Better luck next time.

A ad is more that a pretty picture.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you obviousley saw the ad if your asessment was copy so tell me what was wrong

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cool I'd like to see them.

I may have to leave in a bit but if you post them, I will see them later.

Thanks

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The first ad had no offer, call to action, guarantee or not much else promoting a prospect to call.
The first ad had free protector, free estimate, free carpet spotter and a return by dateVery bad copy!!

I don't know your numbers. Most companies with multiple trucks run around a 20% profit. But, if you have a 30% profit your ad campaign still lost your company around $2500.
It was a test like I said I was going to do, the money means less to me than to youWhatever works for you.

A better test would be to have better ad copy perhaps some positive client comments, other reasons to choose your company. Perhaps, trust easy of transaction and a guarantee.
There was a client testimonial in the ad that didn't work
Better luck next time.

A ad is more that a pretty picture.

Dave, I actually asked you and other to participate but you blowhards did what you always do, blow hard

Since you were able to so harshly critique the first ad please tell me what it looked like or were you just pretending to be smarter than everyone. Point is even though I toolk the time to put together an ad it was no match for price point

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I thought your first post mentioned your copy.

"I put an ad saying "simply the best carpet cleaning,bla, bla , bla........."

Give more info by posting the ads.

Converting Publisher just involves -Save as JPEG

Then you can show your headline, benefit features, call to action ect.....

Waiting...........................

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it isn't saving jpeg and the second ad was the one you mentioned that did a ton of money for little investment

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
In Publisher.

click "File" then "save as"

Go to "save as type"box and scroll to JPEG

(Spending $1300 net to gross 5k may not show much net.)

Still waiting for the ad.....................................

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
your wrong on the jpeg maybe you have an older version but also I didn't say I broke each ad out evenly I said I spent 2600

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I figured out one of the final drafts , we made a few updates based onlocation and running date but you will get the gyst
ada.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Damn Greg- You must be banking some serious dough based on what you spend on marketing and advertising. Then again, maybe I'm just naive since I spend very little.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't spend anything I ran a competition for these guys but by default all the know it alls knew nothing so I decided to take everything I was criticized for and spend less than a 1/4 on vs what these guys say I should do and the 1/4 won

Last few years I didn't do anything but with three trucks I was scareed and hoped this competition would help but no

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
XTREME1 said:
I figured out one of the final drafts , we made a few updates based onlocation and running date but you will get the gyst

If you really want a critique I'll start.

No real headline. A headline should show a benefit or solve a problem

Saying you are the best is worthless. It's just puffery. How about telling why you are the best?

Promotion- What is double xtreme cleaning? Is the free stuff really free or does it involve buying a service. How long does the promotion last?

Saving you are #1 is meaningless to prospects. Again how and why are you #1

Your name would of had more impact if there was a signature and title. As far as they know Greg Crowley could be anyone.

Phone number is almost buried.

It just seems a little confusing to me. I doesn't flow well and it doesnt give the prospect a reason to call.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
and that is why it lost to

simply the best carpet cleaning, best prices 4 areas $120 and guaranteed best prices and quality and a telephone number

as I stated the promotion date changed with each ad, that is why I couldn't post all of them

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
dave can you tell me why I had an overwhelming response to 4 areas $120 without a website or info except phone number

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
XTREME1 said:
dave can you tell me why I had an overwhelming response to 4 areas $120 without a website or info except phone number

It atleast had a clear offer.

If the phone number was also easy to find that's a plus.

As far as a website. Most newspaper readers will not go to your website unless the newspaper in online.(Then they can just click on the link)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
this is why no one likes you dave. I asked you and brian to help on this project but beiung failures you chose not to. I think it shows something different have you been getting the jon don flyer? well it is all price point. Can I tell you why I am growing and others are lsing their shirt it is price point

all new advertising is price point plain and simple

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If that works for you fine.

I beg to differ.

There are many more ways a client can choose a cleaning company other than price.

(JonDons products are a commodity. Not a good model for most service business. Being a commodity is what most want to avoid. As, it leads to price shopping.)

I have found that some of the best clients have price way down the list of reasons of why they choose a service provider.

"Live by price, die by price when the next price merchant comes a knocking."

There are many business models. We all have to choose the one we want.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I agree with you dave but I am talking broad based advertising

If you really want a critique I'll start.

No one asked for a critique it was an experiment that is over

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: I am criticized all the time on my price advertising

XTREME1 said:
all new advertising is price point plain and simple

I have been thinking this same thing, but then I started trying to just focus on service based businesses doctors, lawyers, pest control, pool guys, etc and pretty much none of their advertising is based on price.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Joey they are all basicly the same price except pool guys, landscapers, pest control are all bid out and advertise low prices for new business

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the guarantee is price and quality...I charge $45 the first and 25 each additional if anyone ever asked to compare quality I would be more than happy to sit with them and question the other companies on prescrub, equipment and chemicals. I am all around the best so I don't fear competition I invite it

Back
Top Bottom