"I absolutely hate rigid wands"- Ely Young

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
2lzpdc_gsoiwqeuvemtqge5i3rtydhue4u3tuogrhp5k7cepj2hndkjrotiqexabukxizgey-w1769-h995-no-jpg.15512.jpg

What was the Yellow material visible in the view window ?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I had to take our older swivel wand off the truck for two days while I replace the 1/8the QCs..
The crew came back to the shop all passed off and threatened to use it leaking or otherwise if I was not done.

Looks like I need two on each truck. Our rigids never get used and the Zipper is their go to for big rectangularscreen

Tony's new wand works great but has a serious flaw in the swivel. The locking collar can not be removed once damaged and it damages easily. We'll keep using it until late a promised new design arrives in two weeks

Tom's old Swivel is still going strong with just a hint of play. I re-greased it over the weekend, which did not effect the play.
The mounting hardware and system fit the manifolds are it's weakness. Not a lifetime set up for sure.

If I were Tom, I'd be bringing a dozen of his new wand to Nashville, as I'm sure he'll sell them all.

Mark my words, in three years from now I predict:

-Swiveling will be the industry standard amongst the WWW crowd and possibly the franchises
-PMF will be assembling Tom's perfected Devestator
-Swivel adaptor kits for other wands will be available
-Every manufacturer will be offering one
-Marty will still be rigid and waiting on the fad to prove itself.
When Prochem puts their name on a swivel, then I agree with you on it being the industry standard.

I know PMF makes prochem's wands, but I just don't see it being the industry's standard that soon. But I do look forward to seeing what Tom has to offer with his wand in a couple weeks.

Forgive me for speaking too soon, but when I see a repair kit for a swivel, just like there's a repair kit for our trigger valves, then I'll agree on it being a standard selection for all wands.

But from what I've seen from Bentley and Tony's swivel, it will be much farther than 3 years from now

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bentley's swivels have a brass bearing sleeve and hard anodize in their design .

Tom, I believe is going to use a needle bearing.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I have Tom's first attempt. Great wand.

First week, I hated the swivel. Almost sent it back.

Second week, I thought: "It's not that bad."

Third week, I thought: "I can never go back to a non-swivel wand."

Year later, still feel the same way. Can't wait for Tom's new design.

Mainstream, probably not, who cares. Glides will never be mainstream either.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Time is the killer. Most guys will clean a couple of jobs and make a decision. Three weeks, you must have patience!

I used a Dang one in Atlanta. It looked nicely built I was unimpressed in the short time I used it.

Maybe it was too loose???

Reactions: Bill Soukoreff
Name
Bill Soukoreff
Your right. But I think it's like that with every "out of the box" design.

I remember I hated glides the first week, but Greenie kept telling me to try it longer. I was an early adopter of the Zipper, when it was getting trashed on the forums, and I almost passed on it, but that second week was when it all came together for me.

Tom's swivel is super tight. I would hate it if it was loose. At first you fight it, then you just get it and never fight with it again. Fluidly going around impossibly tight corners and angles and under furniture without even thinking about it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think my techs are too conservative to give it a fair shot. Frankly between the Zipper & RE I think a standard wand is good enough.

It was tough enough getting them to buy into those tools let alone one I don't quite see value in.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The only tool I can remember liking immediately is the Rotovac XL. (Not with the brush head!)

Zipper ... took some time and I'm still not a huge fan on residential.

OP machines are worthless.

Mexicans can cook.

Californians should stay in California.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom