"I absolutely hate rigid wands"- Ely Young

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh Larry..
giphy.gif

The old mytee swivle was horrible in function and form...

Swivle the head and the jets point straight down..wonderful.you should be publicly flogged for endorsing it and selling that pos.

While the new manifolds are better placed on Bentley 2.0, the glide is worthless to all but apartment hacks and the swivle was a rattle trap.

But we will just ignore those truths until you sell your old stock and wait for Tom to warm up to you, again.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark, I love your zipper videos, but would you the zipper on say, a 65oz Saxony carpet?

I have....but sometimes it is not as easy...but once I get it rolling (pushing) I just keep going.

Sometimes, I am still faster just to gut through it vs go out to the van and get a wand or something else.

Also, if you lift up the rear glide a bit (depending on the pad cush) it can make it easier...but again, sometimes, I can have it done before even bothering....

Reactions: Lint Basket

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I've been jumped and beaten down by three ghetto punks, and I had the energy to get up and run. That's probably what I'll do if that Zipper goes across my head.

Nah... Don't Worry Matt... I'm not that kind of person... I like a good razzing too and know this is all in good competitve spirit.

And I am really not a violent person :)

Looking forward to seeing you again soon :)

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'm calling his bluff on it being faster in a house
I've been using the zipper in the house since day one. It's definitely faster. Keep in mind I mostly do large homes. It's also easier to train some one on. In the beginning I would train them on the wand and the zipper. Not one guy would choose the wand.
Mikey then . . . "Personally I hate the swivel but I do love that metal glide, great agitation."

Mikey now . . . "Swiveling will be the industry standard amongst the WWW crowd and possibly the franchises"

Just a little slow to catch on . . .

Passed on the zipper too.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Darn, I was looking forward to seeing a Zipperhead

Reactions: Mark Saiger

FFA

Name
FFA
If you could only have one and you wanted to use it for resi, which zippididooder would you reccomend?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If you could only have one and you wanted to use it for resi, which zippididooder would you reccomend?

Regular Zipper...and probably the 13 inch to begin with if doing mostly residential.... but we use our 15 inch all the time.

But also, would want to know which TM you have so could recommend if you could run a 15 inch ok

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Mark, how much agitation do you do before you Zipper on residential on average?

Do you ever detail out with a wand in the tight nooks and cranny's (closets, toilets, dressers, chairs etc...) 1st and then Zipper?

Have you ever tried going straight up and moving over 50% and straight back across the room? It is two cleaning passes as well but the edge on the first pass gets the center on the second pass. It actually ends up much faster too, because going straight up and back you tend to overlap a bit when you move over.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark, how much agitation do you do before you Zipper on residential on average?

Do you ever detail out with a wand in the tight nooks and cranny's (closets, toilets, dressers, chairs etc...) 1st and then Zipper?

Have you ever tried going straight up and moving over 50% and straight back across the room? It is two cleaning passes as well but the edge on the first pass gets the center on the second pass. It actually ends up much faster too, because going straight up and back you tend to overlap a bit when you move over.

We agitate a lot of residential with CRB, but if really trashed, we just go with Rotovac 360 XL if don't feel we can get it as easy with Zipper and Agitation of CRB....

BUT....

We don't always have to CRB agitate....we get lucky and have some nice cleaner clients and don't have to agitate...but today, I think we agitated 2 out of the 3 residentials, but then had a fairly easy to clean commercial (except for the hose runs) and no agitation needed.

We are really good with detailing with the 15 inch Zipper even in closets and other tight areas....

for passes...one wet pass forward, come back on the same pass wet (yes it does overlap a bit) then keep doing for a section...then zig zag dry passes but not like a wand for shark tooth look as we groom everything....

We rarely pull the wands off the vans....

Back
Top Bottom