How'd a cleaner get 4,000 likes on Facebook in less than a year?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Buying likes for your facebook page is facebook page suicide.

Though it was recently removed, you used to be able to look at a page's likes, and see their most popular user age group, and location. Having 4000 18 year olds from Bangladesh, does nothing for you, and actually harms your ability to reach your target audience.

These "like farms" dilute your user engagement ratio to a degree that real people who liked your page will see virtually nothing you post.

Don't do it.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
If your not using social media, your missing out. We have 3,900 likes from our area with a total of 4,010 likes all together. These aren't purchased likes, you can't purchase a following like this. It takes time, lots of time to build. If you think facebook is a joke, you need to look at the interaction we have with our customers. http://facebook.com/naturaldry

Last edited:
Reactions: PrimaDonna

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I actually think us liking each others pages can be a benefit. That is, if we take the time to like, share and comment sometimes. FB may reward us because there's shown interest and our stuff will be shown to more folks. I know right now that my page is ownly shown to a small percentage of my fan base.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Just getting random likes on FB doesn't have an effect on SERP or any type of SEO. You need to get organic likes. It's the only way. We went from a Google PR of 0 to a Google PR of 4 by building organic likes through that page. Ask your customers to like your page or put a review on there for you at the end of a cleaning. (Well only if you did a good job lol)

Reactions: Moser Brothers

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I actually think us liking each others pages can be a benefit. That is, if we take the time to like, share and comment sometimes. FB may reward us because there's shown interest and our stuff will be shown to more folks. I know right now that my page is ownly shown to a small percentage of my fan base.

You're pretty right there Dirk. The idea is to get people to like, share and post on your business page posts since facebook's current algorithm keeps popular posts at the top of your feed. Have a client that holds a contest regularly that had their fan base like and share a certain post, and the 45th(or whatever number they set) person to comment won a gift card or gift certificate. They received an average of 23 new likes per contest.

You could do something similar by shares which would be more beneficial and enter their names into a drawing and give out some sort of prize.

Oh and please and thank you... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Web-Gears/789620294382240

Name
Bruce
Last edited:
Reactions: Moser Brothers

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Buying likes for your facebook page is facebook page suicide.

Though it was recently removed, you used to be able to look at a page's likes, and see their most popular user age group, and location. Having 4000 18 year olds from Bangladesh, does nothing for you, and actually harms your ability to reach your target audience.

These "like farms" dilute your user engagement ratio to a degree that real people who liked your page will see virtually nothing you post.

Don't do it.

But we aren't buying them......just of supporting the undustry!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why would a cleaner want to get likes from other cleaners? Stupidest thing I ever heard of. You want to get likes from your clients and likely prospects in your area .So your posts propagate through THEIR base of friends. Your posts going to 1000 Joe Blow Cleaners 1/2 across the country does your company no good. I would only make sence to a carpet cleanet distributor.

Name
Lyon
Why would a cleaner want to get likes from other cleaners? Stupidest thing I ever heard of. You want to get likes from your clients and likely prospects in your area .So your posts propagate through THEIR base of friends. Your posts going to 1000 Joe Blow Cleaners 1/2 across the country does your company no good. I would only make sence to a carpet cleanet distributor.
I only need the like to be able to unlock the promote icon and then I can target my area

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey
Back
Top Bottom