How much Christmas bonu$.....

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Larry how much are your Chimps getting? You have always been kind of a tightwad.

Golden Boy

Scott

Already issued many thousands of $$ throughout the year in unannounced bonuses for jobs well done. I prefer unannounced, on-the-spot vs Christmas for many reasons but primarily to encourage specific positive actions.

Here's a good example. Team Member Chris was cleaning carpets for a customer a couple of months ago and noticed unusually heavy filtration staining. He inquired if the customer had a fire and she said no. He didn't give up and asked if she ever had her furnace checked. "Yep, about a month ago." He then asked if she had a fireplace and the customer said yes.

He asked to look at it and sure enough the damper was closed, which caused soot to not only create heavy filtration soiling, but also medium soot deposits on the walls and contents on all 3 levels of the home. (wasn't easy to see due to the color of the walls and the location he was cleaning was on another level pretty far away from the source.) Since the customer lives on a dirt road, she just assumed it was dust. (older couple, can't see very well, etc)

Team Member Chris took it upon himself to escalate the conversation to discover the source, which turned into a $25,000 soot cleanup job. (structure-only) Team Member Chris walked the customer through the claims filing process and acted as 2nd Project Manager on the job.

Team Member Chris earned a nice bonus after the job was completed for his professionalism, dedication to customer satisfaction, and attention to detail. Other crew members earned a smaller bonus on the job because they wrapped it up in only 43 total manhours and the customer was ecstatic with our company and bragged us up to her insurance adjuster and agent.

This was one bonus of several issued so far this year to date.

Since I'm such a generous and kind boss, I also give a Christmas Bonus; but I'm not as keen on the Christmas Bonus as I am for the type I outlined above. Bonuses should not be expected, IMHO. It makes them that much more appreciated.

Scott

Dolly

Thanks for sharing that story Scott.

That is a great tech you have there. I am sure those kinds of fellas are
hard to find, but you found him

By the way, I have noticed your photo being Ronald Reagan
My favorite President of all time.

My husband looks almost like a dead ringer to him.

So.......it makes me feel like I am living with a president. :wink:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Never had em never will (hate saying never). Like Scott, we prefer to pay well all the time and bonus and commissions are real time vs end of year. We do have some year end incentives for attendance and add on sales quarterly also.

Ken

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
In the restaurant for salaried staff if we made our numbers
first year 25% weekly pay
second year 50% weekly pay
third year 75% weekly pay
Fourth year 100% weekly pay

plus accumulated monthly bonus for special events which were tracked on the wall and you got 1/2 2 weeks before Christmas and the other half 2 weeks after new years(don't want people not showing up for work). If you had a shift and were going to call in you needed to cover that shift or your bonus was reduced. Management got higher bonuses and a percentage of yearly sales increase.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We try to get some separation from Christmas and call it a "Year End" bonus.

The "Year End" we give the week before Thanksgiving, I was tired of hearing about the Black Friday sales and the employees missing out.

it varies from as little as $100.00 for newer tech's to some big bucks for the Supervisors.

PM me if you want & and I'll send the range.

For Christmas we give $50.00 gift certificates to all employees.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Waldo said:
Larry how much are your Chimps getting? You have always been kind of a tightwad.

Golden Boy

$500 cash and appx $250 in goodies.

The also get tossed some bones thru the year when we run into a windfall from time to time

I'm not tightwad Wal-DOH, I'm a BD.
The dudes with all the money are the tightwads.

Oh and they're NOT "chimps"
They're Little Genies and they're my most valuable assets

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Good for you Larry, although I still prefer to reward based on merit not year end kind of thing. I also hate the term Chimps for our most valuable asset. Notice it is only owner operators who use the term, as far as Ii recall I have never heard a person with actual crews doing the work use that term.

Ken

Scott

Ken Snow said:
Good for you Larry, although I still prefer to reward based on merit not year end kind of thing. I also hate the term Chimps for our most valuable asset. Notice it is only owner operators who use the term, as far as Ii recall I have never heard a person with actual crews doing the work use that term.

Ken

Amen!

One step above the name "chimp" is another pet peeve name: "helper".

Scott

Dolly

I like associate.............personally...........

They are up and coming valuable assets hopefully and with
giving them respect for working hard and learning, they are
due all respect.

Those who are dumber than dirt, well. weed em out fast or
be wise enough to wee em out before they get into the
play box.

Sort of speak..............

Al

Kyle started this summer so I gave him 250. He was happy, he also owed me 300 and some dollars and I let that slide. Kinda like 500 beans.

Shawn (my son) hasn't showed up for work in months...lol he's getting a lot of loot from his accident, I'm keeping his spot in case reality sets in. No bonus

My new director of marketing got 1000. dollar bonus, I was a little nervous spending so much coming into winter. I gave her the check Friday morning and she got it back for me x3 or more that same afternoon, when she scored a good size WD job on her own and many more to come from that same lead. :D :D :D :D Generosity pays off!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom