How many hours and how much money?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was thinking this morning about how many hours an owner operator can work in a 20 year period AND how much money could really be made during that "lifetime" of work.

I would like to see the math of someone smarter than I... My math skill tap out at adding and subtracting.

20 years at 5 days per week at 40 hours would be what?

41,600 hours?

If you are to bring IN $100 per hour (average?) that's
$4,160,000 over your lifetime.

But really... How much of that do you Net? 30%?

$1,248,000 take home for 20 years work.

How much of that can you save? 10%?

$124,800

So at the end of 20 years you've put away about 70% of a years work for retirement. If you're "smart" you would have earned interest on it.

Someone else do the math.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Don't think many O/O's are going to go 20 years working 40 hr weeks, my guess is most work a good bit more than that on the onset, and in the latter years get it down to 40, but - with a 6% ave return rate over 20 years saving 10% using your math ($520 away/mo.), at year 20, you'd have $241k - if you worked another 10, $525K, another 10, just over $1M.

40 years to get to a mill saved.

If the house is paid off in 20, and you work another 10 years and put another $1000 a month on top of that original $520/mo - you would end up with $690k, it would take another 5 to get to $1M.

But whats a million really worth in 40 or 35 years?

And you could always hope for the possibility of having a gem of a biz that you could sell when it's time to hang up the wand.

Green&Clean

Only 30% is profit? As someone who is just about to start that is pretty disapointing to hear. Where is all the money going? I'm guessing you have a helper. But even so, I didn't expect such little profit especially with such little overhead when most cc's work from home.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I'm guessing the profit is what is left over after over head and the owners draw. That would put the 30% in more perspective.

There are a lot of variables that can not be accounted for though. I would say the number looks fair enough.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Every business is different so that number is just a number.

When you figure out what yours is....We would love to hear it.

Thanks

Connor

Name
Connor
I think this thread should be moved to the financial discussions room.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Your numbers are depressing Brian.
Is it too late to apply for a job as a plumber’s apprentice?

Your numbers probably reflect average income of an O /O but defiantly do not reflect what’s possible. A small time hustler (1-2 trucks with an average of one full time employee) in my area could hope to do as much as $250.000. I’m four years in doing a buck fifty and keeping half. Let’s say a guy could save or invest as much as half. In another 20 years that could be 1.5-2 million depending on ROI and inflation.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you did keep 1/2, you wouldn't be able to invest half unless you didn't plan to eat etc.

I was trying to be as realistic as possible without "Mikey's Board Numbers" being involved.

It can vary greatly of course....AND it's up to the person to come to the end result.

Either way....It's trading dollars for hours and one person can only do so much.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
It would absolutely be possible (not easy) to gross 200k, Net 100k and Save 50k.

I doubt you use realistic income scenarios when you’re a recruiting an ACN downstream.

Connor

Name
Connor
ACE said:
I doubt you use realistic income scenarios when you’re a recruiting an ACN downstream.

Surely you don't think he's trying to tie this into his MLMing scheme? FOR SHAME!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
It would absolutely be possible (not easy) to gross 200k, Net 100k and Save 50k.

I didn't realize you meant half of what you brought home. My bad.

There are no realistic income scenarios when speaking to people about ACN because the income potential is unlimited.

You get out of it what you put into it AND what others put into it. That's leverage.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
ACE said:

Surely you don't think he's trying to tie this into his MLMing scheme? FOR SHAME!!

You don't think I was trying to create residual income (with some success) before ACN?

I was looking for ACN before I found it..... I just didn't know what it was until I looked at and started it.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
There are no realistic income scenarios when speaking to people about ACN because the income potential is unlimited.

Where's that Penn and Teller clip?

:lol:

Get a job and a clue.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't need a job...Or ACN... Or a clue. :lol:

So you're saying the income potential is NOT unlimited? Isn't pretty much anything commission based unlimited? Depending on the person.

The more money you make for a company, the more money you make for yourself.

Connor is the DA of Mikey's Board

( That's Devil's Advocate....But I'm sure you thought I meant something else. :lol: )

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
you mean to tell me you can't live off of 35k, and eat Brian? Sure you could... it wouldn't be luxurious, but it could be done, even so with less.

Connor

Name
Connor
I am the debil, why the hell would a take a pay cut and demotion?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hoody said:
you mean to tell me you can't live off of 35k, and eat Brian? Sure you could... it wouldn't be luxurious, but it could be done, even so with less.

I didn't argue that.

Name
Lee Stockwell
LIFE is more important than the number you are looking for. More than a few people who "died rich" wished they could trade some of their wealth for more important things in life.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
You mean like leaving it to their children?

No, he means spend some time with the kids, have a legacy.

Do you have kids, Brian?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Your hourly target is too low. Why screwing yourself by setting low goals.

If you changed your target to $150.00 or $200.00 an hour how much better will your numbers be?

8-5 Monday through Friday? :shock: It's gonna take more than bankers hours if you're wanting to gain some ground.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
Brian R said:
You mean like leaving it to their children?

No, he means spend some time with the kids, have a legacy.

Do you have kids, Brian?

So funny.....Work more, work less....What's it gonna be guys?

I think you'll be surprised to know that I spend more time with my kid than most fathers out there working their 70 hour work weeks.

I take her to school, pick her up...Family time every night, go to church with her, go shopping with her, do errands etc.

My Daughter and I have an awesome relationship because I've had her by myself for 16 years and she knows I am the ONE person she can trust with her life.

Who else can say all those things....Hell, there's more ...The list goes on.....Take her to all her Vikette events...Never missed a school play or event....I can keep going.

Just sayin.

Jen and I really do have what I consider to be a very close to perfect professional life. We do what we want, when we want, with whomever we want. No clock.......We get up when we've finished sleeping.

We love each other to death, we make each other laugh, we have each other when we need each other.

It's that whole "walk a day in his shoes" thing. You just don't know unless you know.

The way I do things frees up my life. I'm sure I make more money than most of you think (not important) BUT I don't spend all my money on cars and crap I don't need.... I'm perfectly happy spending it (time and money) with the ones I love most.....NO, it's not Mikey's Boarders....But it's a close second. :oops:

Connor

Name
Connor
Great, Brian, Really, but IDGAS 'bout what you do, how you do it and something else that I can't remember.

I make a motion that all your different ACN/MLM angles have a disclaimer/warning in the subject title. None of your roundabout ways of trying to instigate thoughts about money and then say "......that's what so great about ACN...." or whatever your vendition may be.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I get what Chris is saying, after I blur out the ACN/MLM pitch your points, the important ones still remind valid. Such as making your own schedule, and spending time with family. It just always seem like you're justifying why, or its a part of your sales pitch. Just like how I could go on and on and explain why it is I do what I do, but really as long as your family knows, and you know who really cares. You're shameless, its a blessing and a curse, figure out which of two is greatest.

If you want to help people make money, find a way for someone to make money without you actually benefiting from it(no MLM crap), that'll at least seem more genuine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom