How many here subcontract out some of your carpet cleaning?

Fred Homan

How many here subcontract out some of your carpet cleaning? If so, what do you payout the person doing the work? I had a couple of local guys give me a call and they told me that they would pay me 40%. One guy told me that he charges his customers $40.00 per room up to 400 sq ft.
Another guy told me that he would pay 25%. Sounds like they are looking for an employee not a subcontractor. They must be looking for a 19 yr old kid still living with mom and dad and using a porty.
I DON'T THINK SOOOOO!!!!

Rex Tyus

I have not done any subbing. If I can't fit someone in I just refer to one of my friends and they do the same with me.

But to your concern, I think up to 40% is the going rate for a good tech around here. As a sub contractor, using your own equipment and supplies it should be much higher. Just my opinion. Hopefully some of the guys in the know will give you some specifics.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
i do some times last one went to Steve Frasier usually i don't want a cut of the action i just want my clients treated right there are some things i don't do encap, porty

Rex Tyus

Rex, how much work are you sending to Bud S.???

Before I started doing Restoration this year it was actually a fair amount of water work.
Bud and I are pretty cool. He is not the one of the guys I was referring to for cleaning over flow however.

How well do you know Bud?

The Preacher

i've known Bud for many years. he's kind of a BS'er, but what CC'er not! :shock:

i helped him out when he first got started. he had a B&S cleaner friend who had him doing the 10 a room thing and i tried to show him the light that he'd be outta biz quick at those #'s!

Rex Tyus

You taught him well. He is living large now. He don't have time to clean much carpet anymore. Mostly all restoration.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
50% is the going rate in DFW area.. I tried a few jobs, but the amount is too low if you know how much you need to make. I don't do it much anymore unless I help with water damage. If you don't have work it is better than nothing, I guess.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
when I first started I was using a portable. Another cleaner in town would pay me 40% of the job for me go do the cleaning. One was a all night restaurant job, 4-7AM.

Seems to me now, that 40% for me to do the job and he just collects the money and keeps 60% wasn't really a good deal for me.

Kelly

My partners split the profit 50 50 when they subcontract work out it ends up being about 60 40 when they consider the operating costs of the subcontractor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom